SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

our cars not young liao, so probably AA not that well developed then.

ha my car doesnt even have AA. 

Goggle play store didnt even have AA for local market for my last car, I had to root it to get AA. But it was horrible, and i ended up just using the phone and left the HU alone. 

My current car is only 1 year old, and from the telegram grp, no one seem to be able to use AA as well, but apple carplay no issue. 

And the best part is google just replaced AA with this thing call "google assistant driving mode" starting from android 12, which my phone is running on. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Goggle play store didnt even have AA for local market for my last car, I had to root it to get AA. But it was horrible, and i ended up just using the phone and left the HU alone. 

My current car is only 1 year old, and from the telegram grp, no one seem to be able to use AA as well, but apple carplay no issue. 

And the best part is google just replaced AA with this thing call "google assistant driving mode" starting from android 12, which my phone is running on. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

oh no longer on opel astra liao. haha i thought u still drivin that.

• Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

亲,感谢咯!^_^

sound good, any idea how the stability ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

I am using zero, so far quite stable le. Lol.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

oh no longer on opel astra liao. haha i thought u still drivin that.

Yah, means we have not met for over a year at least. [laugh]

Gave up last year Sept after a long love hate relationship. Finally decided to let it go after getting hit 3 times in a month, twice in the carpark in a parking lot. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Yah, means we have not met for over a year at least. [laugh]

Gave up last year Sept after a long love hate relationship. Finally decided to let it go after getting hit 3 times in a month, twice in the carpark in a parking lot. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So you are those who will change car if car before wear and tear happen or warranty is over? [laugh]

On 10/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, 13177 said:

So you are those who will change car if car before wear and tear happen or warranty is over? [laugh]

Otherwise our economy not moving fast enough. We people like him 😆

• Haha! 2

On 10/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, Danielyap said:

50GB for $5*/month (3 month than after $8)

Screenshot_20221009-085548.png

Changing of name doesn't mean it will solve the lousy network issues. 

Correct me if I am wrong.

Simba =TPG

https://simba.sg/tpg?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhY-aBhCUARIsALNIC06LM2Ib7pprfWuTpl35EjtfxH0mdQuvGDopY6S8XqnjI_AISjeWZtIaAgTpEALw_wcB

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Simba =TPG

https://simba.sg/tpg?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhY-aBhCUARIsALNIC06LM2Ib7pprfWuTpl35EjtfxH0mdQuvGDopY6S8XqnjI_AISjeWZtIaAgTpEALw_wcB

My boy says his TPG is okay, only doesn't work inside his school..... which, from my point of view, is not a downside.

• Haha! 6

24 minutes ago, bsswan said:

My boy says his TPG is okay, only doesn't work inside his school..... which, from my point of view, is not a downside.

My mil has problem with tpg at mbs. Keep dropping network. Now she is on Singtel. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Haha this is funny. 

• Haha! 1

On 10/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Kopites said:

Simba =TPG

Yes TPG renamed as Simba. To be fair to them, they started with nothing, no base station unlike other MVNO telco (Simba not MVNO though) which lease from the top 3, Singtel, Starhub, M1. They came in, built their own network stations, charge at ultra-low rate, $10 for 100GB data, now give free overseas roaming etc. Without them coming into the market, I believe we will still be paying easily $40-$50 for a pathetic low data plan. Building up the network base will take some time. For now it's good if u want a low cost plan without considering much about network coverage. I'm still their supporter since day 1, their trial user free plan for 1-2 years I think. 

• Praise 8

On 10/11/2022 at 12:24 PM, Kopites said:

My mil has problem with tpg at mbs. Keep dropping network. Now she is on Singtel. 

I've tried all telcos for past 1-2 years with different MVNO. In terms of network coverages will be as follows: 

1)Singtel  2)Starhub  3)M1  4)TPG (very obvious as it's a newest player)

In fact I find M1 coverages not very good. 

• Praise 1

Saw M1 offering 100G ($19.95/Mth)Sim Only plan. Went into M1 website to check....

When changing to this plan, there is one option...5Go Plus Booster with 6 months free. What happen after 6 months. No idea if I can opt-out.

And the Caller-ID becomes a chargeble option.

Any friends here can enlighten me....

Thank you very much.

12 minutes ago, Neopcn07 said:

Saw M1 offering 100G ($19.95/Mth)Sim Only plan. Went into M1 website to check....

When changing to this plan, there is one option...5Go Plus Booster with 6 months free. What happen after 6 months. No idea if I can opt-out.

And the Caller-ID becomes a chargeble option.

Any friends here can enlighten me....

Thank you very much.

M1 caller ID all along is chargeable.  Switch to other Telco when they rejected my appealed for caller ID wavier. I was with M1 since their first at taka basement. 

• Praise 1

I believe M1, Singtel and Starhub telco, their caller ID usually is chargeable esp for SIM only plan. Better to switch to others telco other than these three. Since caller ID is usually free.

Just transfered all my lines to 01 fr MR. Problem w MR is when i wan to upgrade my plans, i hav to pay "full" price of $20/mth, whereas if u r a new subscriber, u get a "discounted" price $17/mth....knn.

When i mention tis to their salesperson at ssc outlet few wks back, all he can say is, this is company policy and if i wan e "discounted" price for e higher plan, I'll hav to port out to another telco and port in again... -_-ll

Ok...rant over.......

Edited by zipping
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4