SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

58 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you refer to sim only plan? i have been using starhub app or online to switch plan for my family members in past few years.

Yeah, when you switch, you need to remember to cancel whatever you have added on in the earlier plan, otherwise that add on will automatically transfer to this sim only plan. Then even you cancel those add on, not all add on can be done at the shop. You need to call in to cancel some ot these. The idea is you will forget and continue to pay lah. 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I struggle with mine for months just to change plans. Hesitate to change any now. The 4 big telcos aren't making it easy. If you have called in, they have even revised their service to charge if you wish to make request via phone instead of on line. Their online or that 'Ask Mindy' can't even answer simple queries. 

can't get them do something? just port to another telco then back lah, much easier...... lol

I have another plan, the contract ends and they offer a new scheme. Then when the bill comes, it was so much higher than what was conveyed. I 'ask Mindy' but nothing out of itm go down spend 1.5 hr waiting. Talk to the person, help me do this and that. Next month even higher. Then call Mindy, computer how to know even human don't know right. Try so many calls and hours of waiting. Finally just manage to get it resolved. They when to cancel contract but then why know how to bill if cancel? Restore contract. New bill reflect new amount correctly but no credit. Call again, ok next bill credit. 😆 Very efficient 

My wife's m1 plan is coming to an end. I was thinking of getting her SIMBA 100 GB plan for $10. Seems to be the cheapest data plan.

Not sure what it mean by 50GB + 50GB (Special). She needs 17GB, at least if the Special disappear, it'd still be enough.

I'm using SIMBA, but on the roads, only 2 minor spots, I have zero coverage, near Mandai/BKE and Miltonia Close.

However, I'm not sure if inside shopping centres and mrt will have coverage problem.

I just renewed my home broadband and have downgrade from 1 Gbps to 500Mpbs. Didnt feel any difference when surf web and even watch drama le. Should have long ago downgrade the plan, which can save $10 lesser per month lo. Lol.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I just renewed my home broadband and have downgrade from 1 Gbps to 500Mpbs. Didnt feel any difference when surf web and even watch drama le. Should have long ago downgrade the plan, which can save $10 lesser per month lo. Lol.

I did that 3 years and have already saved $360. No regrets. Of course many thanks to the MCF bros for the confident. 

• Praise 5

On 11/22/2022 at 8:05 PM, Kb27 said:

My wife's m1 plan is coming to an end. I was thinking of getting her SIMBA 100 GB plan for $10. Seems to be the cheapest data plan.

Not sure what it mean by 50GB + 50GB (Special). She needs 17GB, at least if the Special disappear, it'd still be enough.

I'm using SIMBA, but on the roads, only 2 minor spots, I have zero coverage, near Mandai/BKE and Miltonia Close.

However, I'm not sure if inside shopping centres and mrt will have coverage problem.

I wanted to save $3 per month and switched from Singtel SIM ONLY to M1   SIM only. Regretted big time. Coverage should be better. Recently wanted to pay via Paylah at a confectionary and the authentication cant even load. The Q was long and I felt the pressure. In the end I paid by cash. Frankly, really a negative experience. The signal May shows full but the speed was a no no. Machiam 3G. Last Friday, black Fri, jumped to Giga. Bye M1. Luckily M1 500mps broadband is still reliable. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

I wanted to save $3 per month and switched from Singtel SIM ONLY to M1   SIM only. Regretted big time. Coverage should be better. Recently wanted to pay via Paylah at a confectionary and the authentication cant even load. The Q was long and I felt the pressure. In the end I paid by cash. Frankly, really a negative experience. The signal May shows full but the speed was a no no. Machiam 3G. Last Friday, black Fri, jumped to Giga. Bye M1. Luckily M1 500mps broadband is still reliable. 

M1 mobile network so bad? If you want to switch to SIM only, should consider those plan using Singtel network, like zero1 or gomo.

The M1 payment cannot used GIRO or credit card deduction? Then no need worry to make payment monthly liao.

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

M1 mobile network so bad? If you want to switch to SIM only, should consider those plan using Singtel network, like zero1 or gomo.

The M1 payment cannot used GIRO or credit card deduction? Then no need worry to make payment monthly liao.

I should say the coverage is not homogeneous. Let’s see how Giga turns out. 

1 minute ago, Rayleigh said:

I should say the coverage is not homogeneous. Let’s see how Giga turns out. 

Been using Giga for the past one year.

Quite satisfied with it since it’s using Starhub network anyway. 

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I can tell you M1 no signal inside these places :

- Autobacs Bt Batok

- Springleaf Prata Rail Mall

- Cold Storage Cluny Court

- Sheng Siong Clementi Ave 2 near cashier

:XD:

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

- Autobacs Bt Batok

- Master room toilet.

M1 data keep dropping. Since switches to zero1 no such problem. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

- Master room toilet.

M1 data keep dropping. Since switches to zero1 no such problem. 😁

sometimes p*rnhub server issue lah! whahahahahhahaa..

joking tiah

• Haha! 8

23 minutes ago, Blueray said:

- Autobacs Bt Batok

M1 network so bad ah. Since i am not those people who always glue their eyes on their phone no matter where they go, so i dont really know if there is any problem on all the telco network that i have used before. To me like i have never have much problem on the signal. Lol.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:15 AM, 13177 said:

I am on 500 also 

kid playing competive pc game with friends say no lag at all

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2