SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion

Blueray

8 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

333d0707253e879d103696beda887cd9.gif

harrow ... BWF every week got bedminton tournament one meh ?

anyways, if I wanna watch YouTube etc at home I'll switch to wifi.

Just now, Blueray said:

harrow ... BWF every week got bedminton tournament one meh ?

anyways, if I wanna watch YouTube etc at home I'll switch to wifi.

no lah, only during the tournament week when the matches play on day time (watch in office when i try not to use office bandwidth [sweatdrop][laugh]

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The only downside I reckon should be occasionally dropping off to 3g in certain tuas south vicnity. Excusable imo if anyone know this area. 😁 Anyway the network didn't auto roam to digi which will need some explanation to wifey.😁

Drop to 3G i am still ok, cause doesnt affect me much whether it is in what G. Lol.

56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I am sticking with zero due to this is the lowest plan that i can find. Lol. If i can find something that is cheaper than zero, i will jump ship.

waiting to see when Zero1 has another round of free delivery + free registration promo. :XD:

• Haha! 1

any good deal to gai siao? 

looking for a sim only for my carplay, mainly for GPS use. Usage less than 2GB a month. 

currently have a free sim from M1, but they reduced the free data from 1 GB to 500MB, and now I end up paying $10/GB   above the 500MB free data. 

Or would it be cheaper to get a prepaid card? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

looking for a sim only for my carplay, mainly for GPS use. Usage less than 2GB a month. 

currently have a free sim from M1, but they reduced the free data from 1 GB to 500MB, and now I end up paying $10/GB   above the 500MB free data. 

I think Zero1 $6.90/month is the cheapest now.

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Blueray said:

waiting to see when Zero1 has another round of free delivery + free registration promo. :XD:

you want to jump ship to zero?

16 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

If u are driving, u would be using your own phone right? via android auto to HU. or phone just stuck to windscreen.

I sibei low tech one. I just put the phone over the tachyometer area haha. I don't even have a HP holder.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

you want to jump ship to zero?

if got promo why not ... Singtel network lei.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I am still on non contact $20/ pm plan with M1. I heard stories of the others beside M1, Satrhub and Singtel, line not stable. Any experiences to share?

Been on giga for just below 2 years bah. Never experienced any issue. 2 times before i experienced unable to connect to internet. But those were solved by resetting my phone, and once i needed to remove my sim and replug in.

It's otherwise been no downtime since. 

I was on M1 for >10 years prior. Never looked back. SH network is very marginally better than M1.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I will tether my ipod to my phone for Apple Carplay.  

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Been on giga for just below 2 years bah. Never experienced any issue. 2 times before i experienced unable to connect to internet. But those were solved by resetting my phone, and once i needed to remove my sim and replug in.

It's otherwise been no downtime since. 

I was on M1 for >10 years prior. Never looked back. SH network is very marginally better than M1.

I was M1 for maybe 30+ years. No special deal but just lazy to change. I was told the others lease from the main 3 Telco and if the main has problems, they will drop their leased line first. So far feedback has been good. Will consider if saving is substantial 

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I think Zero1 $6.90/month is the cheapest now.

亲,感谢咯!^_^

sound good, any idea how the stability ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If u are driving, u would be using your own phone right? via android auto to HU. or phone just stuck to windscreen.

I sibei low tech one. I just put the phone over the tachyometer area haha. I don't even have a HP holder.

Android Auto CMI lah, Apple carplay is 200x better and more stable. 

I tried AA since my last car and it never once work properly, even now it is still quite hopeless. My last car I simply never use the head unit, and did like what you did with my own phone.  But sometime when you are using GPS and phone call comes in, GPS gets disturb and i got no hand free kit to answer the call.  So I use the free Sim from M1 with an old iphone X from my daughter to connect to apple carplay on the HU and divert my calls to the iphone for hand free calls in the car.  Using apple map for GPS and works fine. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

It was free until M1 reduced the free data from 1 GB to 500MB, and now I have to pay $10 extra a month, been a few months already. 

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I will tether my ipod to my phone for Apple Carplay.  

cannot leh.

I did try to tether my Samsung phone to the iPhone, but the iPhone if  connected to my phone via hotspot will disconnect from carplay leh. 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Android Auto CMI lah, Apple carplay is 200x better and more stable. 

I tried AA since my last car and it never once work properly, even now it is still quite hopeless. My last car I simply never use the head unit, and did like what you did with my own phone.  But sometime when you are using GPS and phone call comes in, GPS gets disturb and i got no hand free kit to answer the call.  So I use the free Sim from M1 with an old iphone X from my daughter to connect to apple carplay on the HU and divert my calls to the iphone for hand free calls in the car.  Using apple map for GPS and works fine. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

It was free until M1 reduced the free data from 1 GB to 500MB, and now I have to pay $10 extra a month, been a few months already. 

our cars not young liao, so probably AA not that well developed then.

ha my car doesnt even have AA. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

亲,感谢咯!^_^

sound good, any idea how the stability ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

Zero1 is using Singtel so should be quite ok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1