what do you do?

racerbum

57 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Eat more Panadol.

2 each time, at least 4 hours interval, max at 8 per day 

If it still doesn't help, triple the dosage and you'll be freed from all worries 🥴🤯😵😁

• Haha! 1

The problem of mental health is time and complexity.

Complexity is too difficult to explain so I will explain in another post.

Time is easier. Worrying about the future is not going to make you happy in the present.

Thinking about all the bad things that happened to you in the past is not going to make you happy in the present.

So to protect your mental health don't live in the future and don't dwell in the past.

Live in the present.

:D

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
18 hours ago, racerbum said:

In these times, What would you do to take care of your mental health?

Yoz, take other advice with a pinch of salt. You should know yourself best.

But I can tell you something, time will solve everything. 🙂

Happy surfing MCF! 🙂

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
58 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Time is easier. Worrying about the future is not going to make you happy in the present.

Thinking about all the bad things that happened to you in the past is not going to make you happy in the present.

So to protect your mental health don't live in the future and don't dwell in the past.

Live in the present.

So you made peace with your MIL liao? hahahahahah.

• Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Live in the present.

Must be more specific lah 

Live happily in the present, don't worriedly live in the presence of mil. 😁

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

So you made peace with your MIL liao? hahahahahah.

I have to admit I will be even happier when she cremated and only ash in a jar then I will be living with her in pieces.

Bits of bones and teeth and ashes.

The problem of mental health is perception.

If you have one problem its easy to solve, if you have many problem then its harder.

If you only have small problems then it easier, if you have bigger problems then its harder.

But what is a small problem or a big problem is a matter of perception.

When you are in a good mood and feeling relax then even big problems feel smaller.

If you feeling down ad depressed and overwhelmed then even the smallest problem feel like cannot be overcome.

So the solution is give yourself a break. Take your mind of your problems give yourself a rest.

Have a nice dinner with your wife, go for a movie, go fishing or a short holiday or young ladies with boyfriend problems come to me for a good massage.

After a good massage they feel like a new person, relaxed and full of energy, ready to take on the whole world again and all its problem.

Nothing can stop them, they are feeling energised and recharged, any problem they will just go over, go under or just go around.

:grin:

Jamesc good looking young ladies boutique spa is the perfect pick me up tonic to all life's problems.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Do you have one, problem, many problems or no problems is also a problem of perception.

The doctor tell you you have cancer and you have 6 months to live is a problem and a big problem.

Why is it a big problem and why is it even a problem?

Because you are going to die!

People die all the time, people die everyday, no one lives forever, you thought dying will never happen to you?

So which one is the bigger problem, you will die in 6 months or the man crossed the road and got knocked by a bus.

The man killed by the bus didn't even have 6 months, he couldn't say good bye to his family, he didn't have time to get his affairs in order.

You rather have 6 months or knocked down by a bus with no time to do anything?

So who has the problem?

Actually both also don't have a problem. Knocked down by a bus and died instantly don't have the problem worrying with dread everyday for the next 6 months.

Having 6 months give you time to do all the things you wanted to do with your family, say all the things you wanted to say. You will treasure everyday as if its your last because one day it will be.

You won't be wasting your time listening to your MIL nonsense. You just let her do what she wants and say what she wants no matter how outrages. You won't be here soon anyway to listen to her or see her.

Who cares you just don't waste your time and energy on small and insignificant things.

• Praise 1

So people say being sick is a problem.

Why is being sick a problem? Your body is designed to be sick all the time.

We are attacked everyday by millions of germs, bacteria and viruses. 

I don't think I need to remind everyone millions of people are being attacked by Corona and getting sick.

Everyday I am being attacked by colds and flus and people sneezing and coughing everywhere. Its a good thing they are all wearing masks.

When you go to a doctor and they say the stupid thing - what is wrong with you?

Tell him there is nothing wrong with you, you are sick, its very normal, people get sick all the time, the human body get attacked by millions of germs, bacteria and viruses. 

Ask him he spend years studying doctoring, how come he still don't know people get sick all the time because the human body get attacked by millions of germs, bacteria and viruses all the time.

If he knew all that why is he asking everybody the same stupid question every day?

There is nothing wrong with being sick its perfectly normal and alright to be sick.

It means you are alive. I will even borrow Mr Goh saying - I worry if nobody gets sick, that means they are not alive anymore.

Ture of not? The only person that cannot get sick is a dead person.

Which one you prefer to be sick or dead? For me I can honestly say I wish my MIL never get sick again.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Why people worry about dying? Why is dying a problem?

Being alive and being dead both also have good points and both also are not a problem.

Being alive means you can spend time with your family, means you can go on holiday, you can go for a nice meal and enjoy yourself.

Not being alive is also good, no more bills to pay, no more MIL don't have to worry about growing old and getting sick right?

Imagine that, never getting sick again, never going to a doctor and listening to that stupid question again - what is wrong with you?

You would think doctors are so well educated they would ask more intelligent questions or at least just don't ask that same stupid question again and again and again.

• Praise 1

Can you imagined if doctors were better trained to say the right things? Their patients would feel so much better and maybe even recover faster.

The doctor shouldn't be so negative ALL THE TIME.

The start with the stupid question - what is wrong with you? 

You have a heavy cold and its perfectly normal, millions of people catch cold everyday and the doctor makes you feel like you did something WRONG. 

He ask you what is wrong with you and you tell him you have a cold and he looks at you as if you did do something wrong and acknowledges you did do something wrong by saying now you have to be punished for that by taking some bitter medicine that your deserve,

Why can't they be more positive? Everyone is getting cold these days, rain, stop rain, stop, go in aircon, come out hot sun, its perfectly understandable people keep getting sick.

Be positive, people feel better already. People feel good, their immune system also works better. People recover faster.

• Praise 1

Doctors go to school for years and nobody told them they are studying the wrong thing.

All these doctors they thought they were studying how to CURE people.

Some disease are found out too late and you cannot cure it and the person will die (which is perfectly natural and dying is only a problem if you perceive it to be)

So if a doctor thinks he must cure every disease then he will fail and blame himself and feel bad about it.

But a doctor's job is not cure but to CARE. If a doctor gave the best care then he can never fail.

Sure some people will die but the doctor gave the best care possible so he succeeded in job and didn't fail.

When you see my MIL and the suffering doctors shouldn't cure her but help her go faster.

And end all the needless suffering 

of her SIL.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

I am very worried about my best fren.

He lost his job and told me he will lose his home soon.

He hasn't spoken to anyone.

He hasn't stepped out of his house.

He refused to answer his phone.

I worry he might do something stupid.

Edited by Jamesc

51 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I am very worried about my best fren.

He lost his job and told me he will lose his home soon.

He hasn't spoken to anyone.

He hasn't stepped out of his house.

He refused to answer his phone.

I worry he might do something stupid.

Ehh...he has been doing just that for the last 4 years.

he’s now finally doing the sane thing - zip it up🤐😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1