Spray Can mix to Car Colour Codes?

jonbaekis00

Hi bros,,,
Anyone purchased for custom mixed spray can paint (to match your car colour code) Locally?

a friend of mine from US told me that it is commonly done and widely available there, but in SG totally no news. 

Or DIYers that spray paint, touchup/repair paint yourself, what method do you guys use to DIY paint your car ? 

Maybe invest in airbrush and buy small amts of paint from Paint shop?

Want to touch up & spray up some parts of my car, but touchup paints not doing too well cuz the area is about 3"x3"

Thanks in advance !!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mix paint....have what. Oh ok, for home painting only. They dont do it in a spray can.

No demand here. For other countries they dont have a paint workshop at some central place. Usually they go to a car dealer and it's very ex. For sg context there are many freelance and workshops doing it. Those dent and paint work repair services. It's not that expensive compared to a paint job.

There are sponsors here. Go search. They can do a more pro job that doesnt require you to DIY.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Hi bros,,,
Anyone purchased for custom mixed spray can paint (to match your car colour code) Locally?

a friend of mine from US told me that it is commonly done and widely available there, but in SG totally no news. 

Or DIYers that spray paint, touchup/repair paint yourself, what method do you guys use to DIY paint your car ? 

Maybe invest in airbrush and buy small amts of paint from Paint shop?

Want to touch up & spray up some parts of my car, but touchup paints not doing too well cuz the area is about 3"x3"

Thanks in advance !!!!

49 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Mix paint....have what. Oh ok, for home painting only. They dont do it in a spray can.

No demand here. For other countries they dont have a paint workshop at some central place. Usually they go to a car dealer and it's very ex. For sg context there are many freelance and workshops doing it. Those dent and paint work repair services. It's not that expensive compared to a paint job.

There are sponsors here. Go search. They can do a more pro job that doesnt require you to DIY.

I agree with @Watwheels the investment for you to touch up your car if you "DIY" would be more expensive than you get a spray painter to do it. 

They have a professional paint mixing machine that can produce exactly the same color of your paint code. 

DSCN1096.124145018_std.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

And spray painting and touching up paint is a skill of the art. that requires practice. For a first-timer to do it, you will wreck your car paint one. 

Just walk around some spray painter shop and ask for a quote. Usually, they are gathered in the same stretch one. Go and ask a few, you will roughly know the pricing. 

• Praise 2

Paint job on the car is not easy. The surface has to be clean. Best is to do it under the hot sun. Paint workshops have enclosed heating. Darker colour paint will require longer heating time. If you do it on a rainy day the moisture might get trap in the paint and form bubbles. 

Not as straight forward as we think.

• Praise 2

I would personally just send to ws and do spot spraying. Technically, you can sand down the spot, apply primer, base coat and clear coat. These paints normally have a moq, maybe half a gallon. You need to buy 3 paints, airbrush w compressor, different grits of sandpaper and maybe a spot light to accelerate the drying time. Its just cheaper and faster to get a ws to do for you.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I agree with @Watwheels the investment for you to touch up your car if you "DIY" would be more expensive than you get a spray painter to do it. 

They have a professional paint mixing machine that can produce exactly the same color of your paint code. 

DSCN1096.124145018_std.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

And spray painting and touching up paint is a skill of the art. that requires practice. For a first-timer to do it, you will wreck your car paint one. 

Just walk around some spray painter shop and ask for a quote. Usually, they are gathered in the same stretch one. Go and ask a few, you will roughly know the pricing. 

I see.. that friend of mine in the US actually had his colour code mixed and managed to fix up his bumper (with putty) for about $35USD total.. 

Im quite a DIY guy .. so wanted to see if can try it out... 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

I see.. that friend of mine in the US actually had his colour code mixed and managed to fix up his bumper (with putty) for about $35USD total.. 

Im quite a DIY guy .. so wanted to see if can try it out... 

I think because your friend in the US has a garage and already have like compressed air tank and all there.

You can go to the spray painting shop and hands on also one! When I spray paint my car, I will go down everyday after work (to supervise the ppl) and also help them sand off the paint on my car. 🙂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, kobayashiGT said:

I think because your friend in the US has a garage and already have like compressed air tank and all there.

You can go to the spray painting shop and hands on also one! When I spray paint my car, I will go down everyday after work (to supervise the ppl) and also help them sand off the paint on my car. 🙂

He told me there are many shops that lets you choose the colour and then puts it in a can for them.... hais... 

Went to AD as heard they sell touchup paint but no stock... 

Wow which shopp allows that ? i mean i didnt rlly ask before but interesting to know !!

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

He told me there are many shops that lets you choose the colour and then puts it in a can for them.... hais... 

Went to AD as heard they sell touchup paint but no stock... 

Wow which shopp allows that ? i mean i didnt rlly ask before but interesting to know !!

Allow me going down everyday? cuz I know the boss. So I just go down say hi to the boss and help and monitor my car progress.

You can try spraysmiths.

https://www.facebook.com/spraysmiths

The lacquer coat is also important and a good quality coat can be expensive.  It is cheaper to send to workshop to re-spray professionally.

↡ Advertisement