DIY Detailing Setup : Machine Polishing, Washing in Condo Carpark

jonbaekis00

Hi DIY detailing peeps !!

From Paint Correction to Regular Interior & Exterior Wash, What are some products/tools you guys use ? Lifehacks?😁

Been trying to "detail" myself for this year or so, here is my experience in condo basement carpark !! Any advice from more experienced bros are greatly appreciated !!

Power socket : Yes (Although im not sure if its allowed to be used  lol)

Water Supply : Plain old tap with bucket (cant connect hose...)

Pressure Washer : Worx Hydroshot 20v 

- Honestly the Worx HS is fine, but abit greedy for more power, especially for use with foam cannon. Tried diluting HS Foam dispenser for 1:5, half the car always finish... like waste

- considering  Karcher K5 Full Control & MJJC Foam Cannon !! (although i better check the usage of power socket with condo MA)... 

- Rinse , Foam & 2 Bucket with Mitt 😉

Polisher : Makita 9237C Rotary (Any bros interested to buy over, let me know !! used 2 times lol)

- Tried doing by car hood, quite like the outcome... But honestly i gave up doing it myself for Paint Correction

- Wah... but me doing in condo basement... its like got echoes... So loud !! Smooth power though... and my stamina got to me after 1 hood... lol

- Dont mind trying DA, But seems so expensive !! Seen the FLex one Auto Maxima selling for $1400.... Also considered the Megs DA Powerdrill thingy.. but replacement pads seem like an issue

- End up the next few days did part by part by hand... use the Makita neighbours all see me like zoo animal !!

Products (Shampoo, Polish, Wax, Compound, Towels) : 

- Megs Wash & Wax Shampoo (in Worx HS) , Autoglym SRP, 3M Rubbing Compound, Megs Ultimate Compound, Soft 99 Wax (S99 wax makes my finger smell for the whole damn day !!) Megs All Wheel Cleaner, Megs Interior Detailer, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

- Am personally a fan of Meguiar's stuff.. Tried Armorall is meh... Dont mind trying Turtle Wax, Adams, Sonax, Autoglym and especially Chemical Guys !! (Although Adams, CG seems quite rare & expensive in SG) 

Interior Trim : Currently using a makeup brush to brush the dust together with my Dyson V11...  Once in awhile Brush in Dettol diluted Antiseptic (yes no joke) and wipe with MF towel.. Thinking to Invest in Wet & Dry Vac like Karcher WD3 to suck up all the solution and dust !!😆 Also, Considering a Karcher SC2 for better faster better cleaning, and can use in the house too !! Finish off with Megs Interior Detailer !!

Leather : Vacuum crevices, Brush leather&vinyl cleaner with shoe brush, Wipe with MF, Wipe again with Dettol, Finish with Megs Int Detailer...  

Carpets : Vacuuuum all the way.... once awhile brush stuborrn stuff.... Wanna get a drill brush with Carpet Cleaner to Brush in and Suck out with W&D Vac !!

Thanks for reading till this point if you made it 😉 Any advice is appreciated... Share your favourite Techniques and Products too !!

Till then, Drive safe... :D 

6 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

From Paint Correction to Regular Interior & Exterior Wash, What are some products/tools you guys use ? Lifehacks?😁

Been trying to "detail" myself for this year or so, here is my experience in condo basement carpark !! Any advice from more experienced bros are greatly appreciated !!

- Honestly the Worx HS is fine, but abit greedy for more power, especially for use with foam cannon. Tried diluting HS Foam dispenser for 1:5, half the car always finish... like waste

- considering  Karcher K5 Full Control & MJJC Foam Cannon !! (although i better check the usage of power socket with condo MA)... 

Polisher : Makita 9237C Rotary (Any bros interested to buy over, let me know !! used 2 times lol)

- Tried doing by car hood, quite like the outcome... But honestly i gave up doing it myself for Paint Correction

- Wah... but me doing in condo basement... its like got echoes... So loud !! Smooth power though... and my stamina got to me after 1 hood... lol

- Dont mind trying DA, But seems so expensive !! Seen the FLex one Auto Maxima selling for $1400.... Also considered the Megs DA Powerdrill thingy.. but replacement pads seem like an issue

- End up the next few days did part by part by hand... use the Makita neighbours all see me like zoo animal !!

- Megs Wash & Wax Shampoo (in Worx HS) , Autoglym SRP, 3M Rubbing Compound, Megs Ultimate Compound, Soft 99 Wax (S99 wax makes my finger smell for the whole damn day !!) Megs All Wheel Cleaner, Megs Interior Detailer, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

- Am personally a fan of Meguiar's stuff.. Tried Armorall is meh... Dont mind trying Turtle Wax, Adams, Sonax, Autoglym and especially Chemical Guys !! (Although Adams, CG seems quite rare & expensive in SG) 

Interior Trim : Currently using a makeup brush to brush the dust together with my Dyson V11...  Once in awhile Brush in Dettol diluted Antiseptic (yes no joke) and wipe with MF towel.. Thinking to Invest in Wet & Dry Vac like Karcher WD3 to suck up all the solution and dust !!😆 Also, Considering a Karcher SC2 for better faster better cleaning, and can use in the house too !! Finish off with Megs Interior Detailer !!

Leather : Vacuum crevices, Brush leather&vinyl cleaner with shoe brush, Wipe with MF, Wipe again with Dettol, Finish with Megs Int Detailer...  

Carpets : Vacuuuum all the way.... once awhile brush stuborrn stuff.... Wanna get a drill brush with Carpet Cleaner to Brush in and Suck out with W&D Vac !!

Thanks for reading till this point if you made it 😉 Any advice is appreciated... Share your favourite Techniques and Products too !!

woah. bro, your set up is kinda hardcore le.

I dunno how many times you must polish your car then your "investment" will break even.

Maybe you can try to polish your in-law's car also. hahaha. Right??  @Jamesc

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I dunno how many times you must polish your car then your "investment" will break even.

@Jamescdoesn't even polish his MIL's apple, let alone car, ask him for fiak? 😁

Then again maybe he is very humji and sibei naise to her in person. Pussycat to her and tiger on MCF. 😂😂😂

Your England is getting from bad to worse.

I help you correct.

38 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

@Jamescdoesn't even polish his MIL's apple, let alone car, ask him for fiak? 😁

Then again maybe he is very humble and exceedingly nice to her in person. He loves Pussycats and Thai girls as we all know on MCF. 😂😂😂

20 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Do so much and no fundamental claybar??

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Polishing side really frankly gave up liao... too tiring, noisy and time eatnen up... 

Previously had a bad experience on my GS450h... 1 week after got the car.. sent it for a wash at ESSO.. saw the guy drop the cloth on the ground and then continue wiping... 

After that i used to go to a deatiler in sin ming (Pristino) which i really trusted but owner passed away sadly......

Im more trying to like maintain the clean look of the car by myself once or twice weekly... 

And also abit of a tool nut here always looking for better tools to make the job easier.. hence looking at Karcher K5 etc etc.... 

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Your England is getting from bad to worse.

I help you correct.

🤣😱😨🤣

54 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Do so much and no fundamental claybar??

Forgot to include... But i usually only clay maybe once in 2 weeks or monthly... Dont see a need to do it every week or twice a week... Using Meg clay once awhile...

8 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Polishing side really frankly gave up liao... too tiring, noisy and time eatnen up... 

Previously had a bad experience on my GS450h... 1 week after got the car.. sent it for a wash at ESSO.. saw the guy drop the cloth on the ground and then continue wiping... 

After that i used to go to a deatiler in sin ming (Pristino) which i really trusted but owner passed away sadly......

Im more trying to like maintain the clean look of the car by myself once or twice weekly... 

And also abit of a tool nut here always looking for better tools to make the job easier.. hence looking at Karcher K5 etc etc.... 

🤣😱😨🤣

Forgot to include... But i usually only clay maybe once in 2 weeks or monthly... Dont see a need to do it every week or twice a week... Using Meg clay once awhile...

hahah. I also wash the car myself only. But polishing wise, I will leave it to the pro. I will apply wax once a month just to have some sort of protection on my paint. 

I do detail my MIL's car.

Well not me but my workers.

I also have a detailing company.

JAMESC Fragrance And Refresh Transformation Services or short form JAMESC FARTS. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, kobayashiGT said:

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I do detail my MIL's car.

Well not me but my workers.

JAMESC Fragrance And Refresh Transformation Services or short form JAMESC FARTS. 

Man of many talent! hahha... need to learn need to learn.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Man of many talent! hahha... need to learn need to learn.

The hardest thing is finding a catchy name for my companies.

Something that people will remember and never forget.

JAMESC Car Hire Exceptional Automotive Transport Services or JAMESC CHEATS.

JAMESC Suregood Used Car Key Services also known as JAMESC SUCKS

JAMESC Fragrance And Refresh Transformation Services or JAMESC FARTS. 

On 12/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, kobayashiGT said:

hahah. I also wash the car myself only. But polishing wise, I will leave it to the pro. I will apply wax once a month just to have some sort of protection on my paint. 

Well said.. Too tiring... 

On 12/18/2020 at 2:32 AM, jonbaekis00 said:

If you are on Worx hydroshot, you can consider getting the cordless blower. 

https://www.worx.com/20v-cordless-shop-blower-wx094l.html

wx094l-carousel-image-1.jpg

I think will share a lot of time on wiping dry when you are washing a car. 

7 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Considering, more maybe just get a karcher WD3 vacuum with blower function.. 

Your house got Dyson or xiaomi vacuum? hahah. if have then no need another vacuum for the car le. hahaha. 

9 hours ago, Bonafidestack said:

Your house got Dyson or xiaomi vacuum? hahah. if have then no need another vacuum for the car le. hahaha. 

I do have a Dyson V11, but its not recommended for wet stuff so... 

and tbh dyson suction power is quite mediocre. 

Does anyone know if HDB MSCP wash bay has a usebale nearby power plug ??  If i get all these and no power plug, no point also... 

I stay in a condo hence i dont know.. trying to meet up w some friends to wash tgt at a MSCP !

3 hours ago, humaiyan said:

@Jamesc 

Name of company and where?

JAMESC FARTS in Singapore

On 12/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, Jamesc said: