Need Recommendations for a bicycle

therock

12 minutes ago, Didu said:

😂😂...prefer steel frame lah...Can use it to hood those chao ginna along PCN trying to to take up skirt photos.  :grin:

Go to Decathlon and try it out.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Didu said:

Guys, any recommendation for a decent city bike for ladies? Preferably not smaller than 26" wheel size with frame size that can accommodate rider height 1.5 to 1.7m

26" is very big liao, even 20" also consider big for me [laugh]  

wait, I was seriously referring to the wheel in case you guys think of something else.

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

wait, I was seriously referring to the wheel in case you guys think of something else.

16" I already struggling a bit or it could be I'm rusty, not ridden a bike for almost 40 years, since I was a teenager.

Very wobbly but can move forward and only at the park if road I think I need at least 3 clear lanes 😂

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

16" I already struggling a bit or it could be I'm rusty, not ridden a bike for almost 40 years, since I was a teenager.

Very wobbly but can move forward and only at the park if road I think I need at least 3 clear lanes 😂

16 inch (foldie) actually very twitchy and less stable than bigger wheels. 26 inch I think OK for ladies bike. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

No need 3 lanes, you just need this...

picture.PNG

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
18 hours ago, Didu said:

😂😂...prefer steel frame lah...Can use it to hood those chao ginna along PCN trying to to take up skirt photos.  :grin:

Pcn got people take upskirt??? 

What's the budget by the way? 

Edited by Yeshe
Add question

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I dun think u dare to challenge @RadX when it comes to sizes :D

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
57 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Pcn got people take upskirt??? 

What's the budget by the way? 

@inlinesix suggested I go check out Decathlon. So I'll take this this as a benchmark. Fair?

btwin_decathlon_elops_100_city_160099594

• Praise 2

On 5/7/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jman888 said:

That one is not buying bicycle.... It is buying horse... 

6 hours ago, Didu said:

@inlinesix suggested I go check out Decathlon. So I'll take this this as a benchmark. Fair?

btwin_decathlon_elops_100_city_160099594

If you have storage space.... 

Straight away get a mountain bike or standard size bike.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:37 PM, Volvobrick said:

16 inch (foldie) actually very twitchy and less stable than bigger wheels. 26 inch I think OK for ladies bike

Thinking of picking up cycling as a hobby but prefer foldie as I hate to add racks to my car, deciding between 16 or 20 inch wheels as I doubt I can fit 2x 26" folding bicycles into my trunk. Road bikes are out as Singapore roads are very unfriendly to cyclists. 

Are 20" still too small for longer distance ride? 

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Thinking of picking up cycling as a hobby but prefer foldie as I hate to add racks to my car, deciding between 16 or 20 inch wheels as I doubt I can fit 2x 26" folding bicycles into my trunk. Road bikes are out as Singapore roads are very unfriendly to cyclists. 

distance is determine by how much stamina you have [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Just now, Jman888 said:

Funny.  Lol

Riding on 16" vs 26", ceteris paribus,  over longer distance got big big diff one hor. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

20" is decent. Can maintain speed of 20km/h+. Distance is not a problem. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Of cos with a "lousier" bike, u have to spend more energy to achieve the same distance as compared with a good bike :D

3 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Of cos with a "lousier" bike, u have to spend more energy to achieve the same distance as compared with a good bike :D

Train with a lousy set of components...chiong like a star when you upgrade them...same liked NS times...trained in boots then run with shoes for test...i still failed though...i blamed on the terrain not suitable for my shoes (spell stamina) 😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Train with a lousy set of components...chiong like a star when you upgrade them...same liked NS times...trained in boots then run with shoes for test...i still failed though...i blamed on the terrain not suitable for my shoes (spell stamina) 😁

Cannot swim blame trunks too big? :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2