Need Recommendations for a bicycle

therock

15 minutes ago, therock said:

Looks like I have a flat tire on my MTB... any affordable place in the West to fix this? 
Thanks

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bicycle+tyre+change&&view=detail&mid=71DEA307F0E93F303B9071DEA307F0E93F303B90&&FORM=VRDGAR&PC=HWMB

DIY lah...tube is cheap online or get from carousell if can't wait...just make sure get the correct size 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
18 minutes ago, therock said:

I’m terrible at DIY la bro

I know my own shortcomings 😌 

Ask @Mustank. He’s very good at DIY. 😁

Front or back bro? Back a bit more lehchey.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, therock said:

Looks like I have a flat tire on my MTB... any affordable place in the West to fix this? 
Thanks

Do Google search for any nearby neighborhood shop.

(edited)
1 hour ago, therock said:

Thanks

Probably can buy the inner tube and change it DIY?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sg/en/park-tool-tyre-lever-set-tl-1-2/rp-prod7205

Just need such tool to remove the tyres. Buy the above tool when you go to bike shops to buy the butyl inner tube. It's really a 5min job after doing it the 2nd time.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, therock said:

Thanks

There's a bike shop (Google Lim Seng Kee Cycle) near Hong Kah North CC.  Basic repairs/tyres should be available.

For punctures I would just replace myself. Simple job.  In fact every bike part repair/replacement also DIY.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Probably can buy the inner tube and change it DIY?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sg/en/park-tool-tyre-lever-set-tl-1-2/rp-prod7205

Just need such tool to remove the tyres. Buy the above tool when you go to bike shops to buy the butyl inner tube. It's really a 5min job after doing it the 2nd time.

I have a few spare ones lying around. If the rim is not carbon. then 2 large flat screwdrivers can be used too.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, therock said:

I’m terrible at DIY la bro

I know my own shortcomings 😌 

Try lah...if really cannot then bring the parts to the shop to get free carrot...

...chop no cake 😁

@therock I have got one at home. Bought for my son only to realize that he has gotten himself one. Tried the bicycle downstairs once only. Got it at $370 and with some accessories totaling to about $400. If you are keen, private message me. Weighs 13 KG.   

Screenshot 2022-06-30 093618.png

25 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

@therock I have got one at home. Bought for my son only to realize that he has gotten himself one. Tried the bicycle downstairs once only. Got it at $370 and with some accessories totaling to about $400. If you are keen, private message me. Weighs 13 KG.   

Screenshot 2022-06-30 093618.png

Thanks bro, it's very similar to my current bike, right down to the weight! 

In my case the front tire is flat, so I'm looking to fix it, unless you just want to sell the front tire, haha..

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, therock said:

In my case the front tire is flat, so I'm looking to fix it, unless you just want to sell the front tire, haha..

13kg really is too heavy... I swapped out the heavy suspension fork to a non suspension one on a old MTB to reduce the weight by about 15kg.

Budget la... when my baby can ride, I'll put a chair on my bike 
I save $$ to get a little bike later on for the little one....

25 minutes ago, therock said:

Remember to buy the rim as well besides ensuring same profile as the rear otherwise still have to diy...😂

Screenshot_20220630_102857.jpg

10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Remember to buy the rim as well besides ensuring same profile as the rear otherwise still have to diy...😂

Screenshot_20220630_102857.jpg

He need to change tube only la

• Haha! 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

He need to change tube only la

Change to new bike. MCF motto.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3