Need Recommendations for a bicycle

therock

Hey bros

Thanks again for the suggestions and tips

Honestly I'm a bit torn.. 

I have a couple of other hobbies that are going to take up even more $$, and I'm hoping that the money I saved on travels this year will go towards paying for some upgrades, haha.

But I do want a bike, so both wife and I can cycle together. 

I looked at the $390 Decathlon Riverside 500 again and there are quite some negative reviews.. the road bike will be hard for my wife,  and she isn't fond of the small wheels, although the 20" foldies don't look so puny.

So I'll check out a few more of them, and continue riding my Raleigh first and please keep the suggestions coming.

My main workout isn't bikes, so my cycling shorts have yet to be commissioned a year after I bought them..

Swimming and walks constitute the bulk of my workout. The West Coast does beckon so I hope to organise something, maybe others can come too?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I would get one hybrid for myself n a foldie for the wife. Foldie also allows u to ride it as n whn u want, comparing to a small normal bike which only ur wife can ride.

N also, suggest u get a gd condition 2nd hand bike. This way if u change ur mind u wouldn't lose a lot if u decide to sell it. Carousell has plenty. Some r even upgraded n selling cheaper than lower spec new bikes.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

I would get one hybrid for myself n a foldie for the wife. Foldie also allows u to ride it as n whn u want, comparing to a small normal bike which only ur wife can ride.

N also, suggest u get a gd condition 2nd hand bike. This way if u change ur mind u wouldn't lose a lot if u decide to sell it. Carousell has plenty. Some r even upgraded n selling cheaper than lower spec new bikes.

Sometime, ppl think folding bike are for kids.

For petite lady, I recommend hybrid bike with 650c wheel like this

https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8523199-115418-triban-100-junior-road-bike.html?c=6105#/4313-200-one_size_fits_all

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Sometime, ppl think folding bike are for kids.

For petite lady, I recommend hybrid bike with 650c wheel like this

https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8523199-115418-triban-100-junior-road-bike.html?c=6105#/4313-200-one_size_fits_all

It's not so much thinking it is for kids. To me is becos of the frame. It is easier for ladies to get on a foldie compared to normal bike. Unless u get a mountain or hybrid bike which is ladies specific design. 

BTW bros, where do you guys find XXL helmets?

I have a pretty big melon... haha

Many shops don't have my size. I last bought one in USA... 

1 hour ago, therock said:

BTW bros, where do you guys find XXL helmets?

I have a pretty big melon... haha

Many shops don't have my size. I last bought one in USA... 

Treknology.

If not, get it from Chainreactioncycle

4 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Just got myself a preloved M6R last night. Road testing later :D

How much you paid? Am still thinking whether to get a Brompton since my appointment is in March or get a Birdy City but also no stock.

25 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

How much you paid? Am still thinking whether to get a Brompton since my appointment is in March or get a Birdy City but also no stock.

Friendly price 2.5k :D

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

Borrow this thread to ask

thinking to cycle again after 10 years. Looking at begasso 26” with 3 spoke wheel and shimano shifters and derailleurs. 

anyone has experience with this bicycle? Hows the ride and durability? Looking at folding mountain bicycle so can fit into my boot. By the way i am quite heavy at 92kg lol

Cool find: FREE DELIVERY Foldable bicycle mtb folding mountain bike begasso soldier children full suspension trispoke for S$285 https://carousell.app.link/wK6itfhevcb

Bro

coincidentally I tried it today

very decent and fits 165-176 

main thing is that it weighs 15kg plus

bear in mind $285 is not for the three spoke wheel 

their customer service not bad too. You can go down to bishan to check it out. Pm them on Lazada 

they are using shimin not shimano but you can ask them to change .. ask and ye shall receive 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Borrow this thread to ask

thinking to cycle again after 10 years. Looking at begasso 26” with 3 spoke wheel and shimano shifters and derailleurs. 

anyone has experience with this bicycle? Hows the ride and durability? Looking at folding mountain bicycle so can fit into my boot. By the way i am quite heavy at 92kg lol

Cool find: FREE DELIVERY Foldable bicycle mtb folding mountain bike begasso soldier children full suspension trispoke for S$285 https://carousell.app.link/wK6itfhevcb

Can test ride that model in the link? Sure look foldable and flexible...@Mustankask 😁

39 minutes ago, therock said:

Bro

coincidentally I tried it today

very decent and fits 165-176 

main thing is that it weighs 15kg plus

bear in mind $285 is not for the three spoke wheel 

their customer service not bad too. You can go down to bishan to check it out. Pm them on Lazada 

they are using shimin not shimano but you can ask them to change .. ask and ye shall receive 

I asked $285 is using 3 spoke wheel

if shopee can get ard $330-340 with 1 month warranty and free $50 gift

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If u dunno how to ride, she will teach u how for free 😂

Oh...i was referring to the bicycle model...oh oh...I'll take the offer of free ride coaching nonetheless 😁

• Haha! 1

Just now, mersaylee said:

Oh...i was referring to the bicycle model...oh oh...I'll take the offer of free ride coaching nonetheless 😁

If u still dunno how to ride, she will teach u day and night until u happy and satisfied😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1