Need Recommendations for a bicycle

therock

Schrader-Presta-Valves.thumb.jpg.a6ed7a973399ed85b8f53e986051935f.jpg

My bikes tyres uses e valves on e left pix, no problems using petrol kiosks air pump, just need make sure e pump's connector's inner o-ring intact and capable to make a complete seal w e bikes valves. Kanna once e pumps o-ring cannot make a complete seal w bike's valve and nearly got a flat instead of getting pumped, nowadays i use own pump n pump at home, safer and no surprises. As for e type of bike tyre valve on e right pix, need an adaptor in order to use e pumps in petrol kiosk.

btw, 300 psi is abit overboard....chk ur tyre side wall to get recommend tyre pressure.

Edited by zipping
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Help please! 

OT abit. 

How to pump bicycle tires at petrol kiosk?  I set PSI to 300 and tried pumping but no usual hissing sound. 

The head is like different fit.

Waste time to pump at petrol station.

The air flow is too fast that you will never pump till 100psi.

Buy Xiaomi pump

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, zipping said:

Schrader-Presta-Valves.thumb.jpg.a6ed7a973399ed85b8f53e986051935f.jpg

My bikes tyres uses e valves on e left pix, no problems using petrol kiosks air pump, just need make sure e pump's connector's inner o-ring intact and capable to make a complete seal w e bikes valves. Kanna once e pumps o-ring cannot make a complete seal w bike's valve and nearly got a flat instead of getting pumped, nowadays i use own pump n pump at home, safer and no surprises. As for e type of bike tyre valve on e right pix, need an adaptor in order to use e pumps in petrol kiosk.

btw, 300 psi is abit overboard....chk ur tyre side wall to get recommend tyre pressure.

My roadie is running on 70psi.  Down from 100psi.

At 100psi, it is too hard.

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Mine is Schrader valve and a lot of bikers do not recommend pumping at petrol kiosk from what I just read. 

My tires got indicate 300psi and I was wondering if it is correct. I scare tire "KABOOMZ"

Just now, Count-Bracula said:

Mine is Schrader valve and a lot of bikers do not recommend pumping at petrol kiosk from what I just read. 

My tires got indicate 300psi and I was wondering if it is correct. I scare tire "KABOOMZ"

300psi is likely max pressure.

What is the tyre size?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

So far brompton need 100psi, other bike around 80

20 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

So far brompton need 100psi, other bike around 80

For Brompton, I only pump up to 80psi.

I am using Schwalbe Kojak, which has max pressure of 120psi

Edited by inlinesix

For those not familiar, the bigger valve is called American valve, in chinese termed as beautiful mouth aka 美嘴 direct translation. This is same as car tyres.

The slimmer valve called French valve, also known as french mouth aka 法嘴 in chinese sites or if china vendors。

For racer and foldies, common to have tyres pumped to 100psi. For mountain bikes, normally 40psi would be very high for cycling on the tar road. For off-road, my colleague pumped his only about 10 to 20 psi. Similar to cars and motorcycles.

Btw right now there is worldwide shortage of inner tubes for 27.5" wheels. Decathlon sold out awhile ago already while still have stock for 700c, 26", 29" tubes. Went to a few shops all same comments. Managed to buy 2 tubes at more reasonable prices after much trying. Normally the tubes are commonly retailed at around $6 but now easily double or triple the price.

If serious about cycling, better to spend $20 for a foot pump which can do the job faster and easier at the comfort of your home.

Edited by Heartlander

Oh I'm not too sure, bought it almost 4 years ago and only used once. It's a Java Decaf foldie.

Took out and clean it today, dust and rusty bolts.

Dumped it into car boot and left it there.

Will check and let you know tomorrow.

Thank you.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

For those not familiar, the bigger valve is called American valve, in chinese termed as beautiful mouth aka 美嘴 direct translation. This is same as car tyres.

The slimmer valve called French valve, also known as french mouth aka 法嘴 in chinese sites or if china vendors。

For racer and foldies, common to have tyres pumped to 100psi. For mountain bikes, normally 40psi would be very high for cycling on the tar road. For off-road, my colleague pumped his only about 10 to 20 psi. Similar to cars and motorcycles.

Btw right now there is worldwide shortage of inner tubes for 27.5" wheels. Decathlon sold out awhile ago already while still have stock for 700c, 26", 29" tubes. Went to a few shops all same comments. Managed to buy 2 tubes at more reasonable prices after much trying. Normally the tubes are commonly retailed at around $6 but now easily double or triple the price.

If serious about cycling, better to spend $20 for a foot pump which can do the job faster and easier at the comfort of your home.

Isn’t it the big one schrader and smaller one  presta valves. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, inlinesix said:

300psi is likely max pressure.

What is the tyre size?

See wrongly as PSI 300, it's on the tire "45 PSI 300 KPa" 

Bought a bicycle pump from neighbourhood shop this morning.

Go cycling later.

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Go cycling later.

Go easy...rusty it may be...both the bike and rider 😁

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Go cycling later.

Luckily you never pump 300psi

• Haha! 3

Supercharged

Guys, any recommendation for a decent city bike for ladies? Preferably not smaller than 26" wheel size with frame size that can accommodate rider height 1.5 to 1.7m

9 minutes ago, Didu said:

Guys, any recommendation for a decent city bike for ladies? Preferably not smaller than 26" wheel size with frame size that can accommodate rider height 1.5 to 1.7m

How will it be used? For ladies you probably want a lighter one (means more ex). Take a look at aluminium Giant Fastroad SL Hybrid for mixed riding. Carbon frame (Advanced) is out of stock.

Supercharged
35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

How will it be used? For ladies you probably want a lighter one (means more ex). Take a look at aluminium Giant Fastroad SL Hybrid for mixed riding. Carbon frame (Advanced) is out of stock.

😂😂...prefer steel frame lah...Can use it to hood those chao ginna along PCN trying to to take up skirt photos.  :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2