What tyres to fit for my rims?

q1n3fer

10 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

You should be first looking at your manual to check what is the proper sizes for your car instead of asking a forum where no one has any idea what you are driving.

For 8in 225-235; 8.5in 235-245, 9in 245-255; 9.5in 255-265.

with the latter number the preferred size.  225 on 8.5 will be stretched unless you are using fatter tires like Dunlop z3 or re71, where they are wider than typical 225 tires. They will still be stretched a bit but not as obvious as regular 225. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, q1n3fer said:

But if take this.. there would be variance to the overall diameter and height of sidewall between the front and rear tyres.
image.png.24d4d58c2e4afa5943f5d2e4453c9f4c.png

Like you said, a stock is250 already has unequal front and rear. So don’t be too worried about a 1-2% difference.  

Edited by Mkl22

9 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

For 8in 225-235; 8.5in 235-245, 9in 245-255; 9.5in 255-265.

with the latter number the preferred size.  225 on 8.5 will be stretched unless you are using fatter tires like Dunlop z3 or re71, where they are wider than typical 225 tires. They will still be stretched a bit but not as obvious as regular 225. 

yea.. this would be my biggest concern of fitting 225 on my 8.5.. that it will be overstretched
thanks for the info!

• Praise 1

Also to take note that once you run a staggered setup, you cannot rotate the tyres front to back (v. versa). You can dismount the tyres and swap left to right in most cases if you are running bigger camber settings. They say a staggered setup is more stable at the corners but in Singapore, a bit over-rated with family sedan. I run a staggered setup (factory spec) and constantly thinking of going non-staggered so I can save some money on the 245/40 tyres vs 225/45.

16 minutes ago, Naimed said:

Also to take note that once you run a staggered setup, you cannot rotate the tyres front to back (v. versa). You can dismount the tyres and swap left to right in most cases if you are running bigger camber settings. They say a staggered setup is more stable at the corners but in Singapore, a bit over-rated with family sedan. I run a staggered setup (factory spec) and constantly thinking of going non-staggered so I can save some money on the 245/40 tyres vs 225/45.

Well, it depends on whether you pushed the limit or not.

Nothing to do whether in Singapore or not.

15 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Well, it depends on whether you pushed the limit or not.

Nothing to do whether in Singapore or not.

Bruh, is250 family sedan, push limits? 

• Haha! 1

44 minutes ago, Naimed said:

yea. am aware that i won't be able to rotate the tyres. anyway it's my first time running staggered. gonna see if it's gonna bleed my pocket dry. lol..

12 minutes ago, Naimed said:

Bruh, is250 family sedan, push limits? 

not gonna push the limits or anything. just purely for aesthetics purposes!

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why not?

Use your imagination.  

Not seen anyone in their right mind push their stock family sedan with just rims and tyres change, although I have seen a few crashed Vios videos on youtube. Those are not my imagination. 

Next, we should go into discussion on suspension setup (control arms, sway bars, RCA, bushings and cornerweighting...etc)? He is just asking to change tyres leh, why imagine things for him?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Naimed said:

the 250 is orginal staggered already .

nowsaday alot of bmw and merc all staggered, even their SUV come with factory spec staggered. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, q1n3fer said:

not gonna push the limits or anything. just purely for aesthetics purposes!

ya. every day drive the car , every day look at the car. most important is u look at your car u feel  song. 😁

trust me go for 235😀

actually why u didnt consider 255.40.18 for rear??

Edited by Beregond

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

ya. every day drive the car , every day look at the car. most important is u look at your car u feel  song. 😁

trust me go for 235😀

actually why u didnt consider 255.40.18 for rear??

i think the tyre shop purpose is to get the least differential as possible between front and rear with regards to overall diameter and tyre sidewall height.
am considering 235/40 and 265/35 now.

rim and tyre.jpg

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

2653518 aysm 5. very limited. if want need fhfl. lol

just unsure if 265 would be overkill for is250.. lol!

3 minutes ago, q1n3fer said:

just unsure if 265 would be overkill for is250.. lol!

Your rear original  already 245.

U go 265. Its 1 side add 5 cm only.

The key issue is 255.35.18 is lower then 245.45.17

If u go this size. The gap between the fender  and the tyre become bigger. And it look ugly.

But your rim offset plus width  plus  265 tyre. Will it protrude  out of the fender? If out your inspection  will  fail.

If totally flush will look very nice. But u carry full load behind might rub against  tyre

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Your rear original  already 245.

U go 265. Its 1 side add 5 cm only.

The key issue is 255.35.18 is lower then 245.45.17

If u go this size. The gap between the fender  and the tyre become bigger. And it look ugly.

But your rim offset plus width  plus  265 tyre. Will it protrude  out of the fender? If out your inspection  will  fail.

If totally flush will look very nice. But u carry full load behind might rub against  tyre

i have intentions to go for aftermarket coilovers after rims are done, so gap won't be an issue.
and u just addressed out my concern. whether 265 will protrude out of fender not
and i have to pick parents at times.. full load how also a question mark.. lol!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1