The end of human race.

Kopites

The whole basis of Quant and Technical analysis is base on one basic premise. that History can and will repeat itself leading to a self fulfilling requirement

I think that that is fine in many or most normal instances and money can be made thru Algo-trading.  Over the long term or at least many many trades, Quant trading will smoothen the wide deviations and keep wins to a larger proportion of trades.

However, what I don’t subscribe to is the over engineering of things and the overusage of tech, digital whatever you call it.  People do that all the time now. Why? Becos it gives a reason to the consumer to want the newer, supposedly better product.

in reality, there may be no better product.  The result could simply a series of trade offs

and if we don’t realise this soon enough, it will be the end of the human race 😎

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 12/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, Wt_know said:

soon ... Grab driver also no chance to post in FB can make $7K salary 

actually this type of development is no good IMHO. There will always be a group of people who want/need to do jobs like these to put food on the table.

Technology like this will marginalise these people further. (while making billions for owners of these self driving taxi fleets, or the owners of the tech behind them.) I mean what else are they gonna do?   

Honestly, if these people had a real choice, would they want to be GRAB drivers?

I dont deny there would be a small minority who truly enjoying driving so much that he/she will do it 12 hours a day just to scratch the itch.    

But i am guessing most do it cos they have to, not cos they want to. And it provides for the family with a reasonable level of autonomy and dignity. 

Eventually, we will have a bloody revolution if this trend of tech snatching jobs continues.

Consumers won't benefit, cos we will probably pay similar prices for cab rides. The billions of economic benefit for the owners are coming from the pockets of these taxi/grab drivers 

Like my Chinese friends would say: 还让不让活了!!

My 2 cents nia

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

The whole basis of Quant and Technical analysis is base on one basic premise. that History can and will repeat itself leading to a self fulfilling requirement

I think that that is fine in many or most normal instances and money can be made thru Algo-trading.  Over the long term or at least many many trades, Quant trading will smoothen the wide deviations and keep wins to a larger proportion of trades.

However, what I don’t subscribe to is the over engineering of things and the overusage of tech, digital whatever you call it.  People do that all the time now. Why? Becos it gives a reason to the consumer to want the newer, supposedly better product.

in reality, there may be no better product.  The result could simply a series of trade offs

and if we don’t realise this soon enough, it will be the end of the human race 😎

Well said. Key is the trade offs. 

Eg Privacy & big data, vs targeted accurate advertising. 

Lower off peak cab prices, vs super expensive surge pricing. 

1 hour ago, Tedlhw said:

actually this type of development is no good IMHO. There will always be a group of people who want/need to do jobs like these to put food on the table.

Technology like this will marginalise these people further. (while making billions for owners of these self driving taxi fleets, or the owners of the tech behind them.) I mean what else are they gonna do?   

Honestly, if these people had a real choice, would they want to be GRAB drivers?

I dont deny there would be a small minority who truly enjoying driving so much that he/she will do it 12 hours a day just to scratch the itch.    

But i am guessing most do it cos they have to, not cos they want to. And it provides for the family with a reasonable level of autonomy and dignity. 

Eventually, we will have a bloody revolution if this trend of tech snatching jobs continues.

Consumers won't benefit, cos we will probably pay similar prices for cab rides. The billions of economic benefit for the owners are coming from the pockets of these taxi/grab drivers 

My 2 cents nia

bro, it's already here ... it will getting more and more until it hit the maximum point 

self driving

self ordering

self collection and return

self check in/out counter

self cleaning

self operation like high tech farming 

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

alamak ... even “sweeper” jobs are gone to AI ...

0A4939F8-62E9-4DFC-803A-61ED1EDA7CB8.jpeg

These are jobs that takes a platoon of cleaners to do. 😅

In SG, we require foreign workers to do. Right now not many are willing to do such jobs anyway. 

The scary part is many jobs risks redundancy when technology can replace it and the human resources supply is more than the demand. 

It's how a certain job continue to add value in the value chain to be required. 

For example, warehouse automation meant logistic person driving forklift or manual picker jobs may not be required......

Maybe can become synchronise forklift drivers and perform as entertainers.... 

Though robotics can do better 😅😅😅

On 1/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, Tedlhw said:

My 2 cents nia

I think the fundamental problem is the growth of the human race to the point it becomes unsustainable.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Last time also got poop collector/cleaner. Where are they now?

19990001194-0067-1024x683.jpg

Road sweeper should be a thing of the past long ago. 

If they were still working now, they would be called Environmental Technicians!

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Road sweepers bite the dust, literally.

Not only that...we have the first autobot barista also...donno can choose kopiC siew siew dai te loh or not😂

Ella-Robot-Barista.jpg

59 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Who can tell them apart!, Creepy,

sian liao.. if you cant tell them apart... whats the point of having so many? same one every night no different from different one every night..

• Haha! 3