KL-Singapore High Speed Rail terminated after both countries fail to reach agreement on M'sia's proposed changes to project

RadX

13 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Now even if border open up this year also not sure the VEP will be reactivated. 

My VEP registered car scrapped already.....

Current one don't bother to register 1st. 😅

I said from day 1, Don't Register until it is implemented.

😂

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Wt_know said:

if anwar can get out of jail, jibby also can

most important is who is PM ... if UMNO back in power, jibby can be out at no time ... [sly] 

Currently, the biggest blocks in UMNO & DAP.

PM is someone from 1 of the smallest block.

21 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Mai lah Bro

mai lah

anyway you can always still drive up or fly up.  No need HSR

Flying is 4 hours end to end, much longer. 

Love to burn carbon but when I am in my 60s, driving 4-5 hours may not as fun anymore.  My dad, an ex-Genting veteran, doesn't even drive much to JB these days. 

On 1 January, 2021 at 10:09 AM, Wt_know said:

JE still can sell no $2000/psf no talk? [sly] 

I'm not saying it to please you, what I'm trying to say is wait till 2030 maybe, sounds good ? [laugh]

15 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Now even if border open up this year also not sure the VEP will be reactivated. 

My VEP registered car scrapped already.....

Current one don't bother to register 1st. 😅

Likewise, sillyporeans motorist changed cars like changing underwear , count me in too, my old car up lorry and a good used car is relatively untouched, can't be bothered to register VEP as nothing heard from Johore Bahru side . 

It is Black Swan pandemic situation now, no laymen would be sane enough to go in JB, I'm sure Robbers, con-men and mad peoples all welcoming us . . .[cool]

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Love to burn carbon but when I am in my 60s, driving 4-5 hours may not as fun anymore.  My dad, an ex-Genting veteran, doesn't even drive much to JB these days. 

Without HSR, Ipoh/Taiping and Penang become better destination to retire at under MM2H scheme. At least Penang from airport to anywhere on island is max 30 mins. If take Second Bridge, Taiping is within reach from Penang airport in just over an hour, and Ipoh in another hour. 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, serenade said:

Without HSR, Ipoh/Taiping and Penang become better destination to retire at under MM2H scheme. At least Penang from airport to anywhere on island is max 30 mins. If take Second Bridge, Taiping is within reach from Penang airport in just over an hour, and Ipoh in another hour. 

Provided Airport NO JAM

• Haha! 2

IPH <> SIN by air [thumbsup]  ... no checkin luggage ... 30mins + flight + 30mins ... all done in 2hrs ...

ipoh mei mei .... lai liao [laugh] 

set up base camp in ipoh ... laopok 911 can clear carbon to Penang and KL in less than 2 hours ... can do Genting/Cameron trips too [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Flying is at least 5 to 6 hours end-to-end ~ 30 min to Changi, 1.5 to 2-hour check-in, 1-hour flight, another 15 to 30 min to exit the plane (more if you are seated behind), custom 30min to 1 hour (depending on how many lanes open and how many officers playing sudoku while working), waiting for grab/train at KLIA (30 to 45 min), travelling to KL (another 45 min to 1 hour depending on road condition).

Might as well increase the variable in the middle (referring to the 1-hour flight) to further destinations like Taiwan, as their custom is more efficient and there are not so much waiting at the airport, the nett travelling hours are only incrementally slightly more. My 2 cents.

47 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

In the end, you will stay put here

😂

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

IPH <> SIN by air [thumbsup]  ... no checkin luggage ... 30mins + flight + 30mins ... all done in 2hrs ...

ipoh mei mei .... lai liao [laugh] 

set up base camp in ipoh ... laopok 911 can clear carbon to Penang and KL in less than 2 hours ... can do Genting/Cameron trips too [laugh] 

That's about 3hrs door to door.

55 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Aiyah no need to go KL lah... go other states or other nearby places.

this COVID shit really screw up so much of my overseas plans.  Suppose to go Australia Hanoi Japan Bali and Spain. Now don’t know when can really fly again.

damn KNN

if like that, I will hv to come out of retirement to join corp world again.... damn knn 

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That's about 3hrs door to door.

let's be fair ... whether you take plane to japan, taiwan, korea, etc ... you still need to travel from home to airport, Q, checkin, wait, wait and wait

i have done this before ... 30 mins + flight + 30 mins morning flight to Ipoh having yum cha at Foh Shan with buddies ... 

anyway, it's retirement plan ... i got plenty of 3hrs door to door if i need to get back to SIN .. [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

Just now, Throttle2 said:

Aiyah no need to go KL lah... go other states or other nearby places.

this COVID shit also screw up so much of my overseas plans.  Suppose to go Australia Hanoi Japan Bali and Spain. Now don’t know when can really fly again.

damn KNN

Fly to no where

Just now, Wt_know said:

let's be fair ... whether you take plane to japan, taiwan, korea, etc ... you still need to travel from home to airport and whatever

i have done it before ... 30 mins + flight + 30 mins morning flight to Ipoh having yum cha at Foh Shan with buddies ... 

anyway, it's retirement plan ... i got plenty of 3hrs door to door if i need to get back to SIN .. [laugh] 

I miss Ipoh a lot more than KL with border closed.

31 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I miss Ipoh a lot more than KL with border closed.

Me too. Along with missing Penang, Malacca, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. I am sure the hotels miss us too. Numerous hotels, even the big ones have been forced to close for good with no tourist arrivals.

Just now, serenade said:

Me too. Along with missing Penang, Malacca, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. I am sure the hotels miss us too. Numerous hotels, even the big ones have been forced to close for good with no tourist arrivals.

I am going to Ipoh to meet Chiobu😂

20 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Flying is at least 5 to 6 hours end-to-end ~ 30 min to Changi, 1.5 to 2-hour check-in, 1-hour flight, another 15 to 30 min to exit the plane (more if you are seated behind), custom 30min to 1 hour (depending on how many lanes open and how many officers playing sudoku while working), waiting for grab/train at KLIA (30 to 45 min), travelling to KL (another 45 min to 1 hour depending on road condition).

Might as well increase the variable in the middle (referring to the 1-hour flight) to further destinations like Taiwan, as their custom is more efficient and there are not so much waiting at the airport, the nett travelling hours are only incrementally slightly more. My 2 cents.

I used to fly SG/KL at least once a month. 4 hours is doable. I don't check in 1.5 hours before flight departure, 45 mins can liow.

Everyone loves Taiwan but it is not my cup of tea.  I prefer China and Japan to Taiwan. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1