KL-Singapore High Speed Rail terminated after both countries fail to reach agreement on M'sia's proposed changes to project

RadX

On 1/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, Voodooman said:

Not me, i must have been to MY more than you have been to CCK.  Bobian, must save money for old age and 3 to 1 means I can go 3 holidays a year. 😂

I think you are right. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

keyword is “much lower” ... :grin:

Coz somebody deduct 10% 'admin fee' on the way out?....

20 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Hmm... 

Of course, Singapore could choose to reject the connection, just to see Malaysia bleed money - but there will be no alternatives to it anymore. Sooner or later the city-state will have to concede and build the bridge to the other side. Besides that, any decision to do it would only be made by future governments 10, 15 or 20 years from now, so negative feelings are bound to diminish by then (especially as the people responsible for derailing the project would likely be dead by then).

Aiya, maybe by then don't even need rail anymore.

COVID-19 has shown the world changes can take place so rapidly within a year or two. Maybe by then there will be new tech to overcome a rail system :grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

If they can get back 20% of the 270m, can laugh already.. This is the price to pay when working with this bunch of corrupted cronies..

Edited by Beanoyip

8 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Of course, Singapore could choose to reject the connection, just to see Malaysia bleed money - but there will be no alternatives to it anymore. Sooner or later the city-state will have to concede and build the bridge to the other side. Besides that, any decision to do it would only be made by future governments 10, 15 or 20 years from now, so negative feelings are bound to diminish by then (especially as the people responsible for derailing the project would likely be dead by then).

Aiya, maybe by then don't even need rail anymore.

COVID-19 has shown the world changes can take place so rapidly within a year or two. Maybe by then there will be new tech to overcome a rail system :grin:

Hyperloop?

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Didu said:

A true friend of SG...He speaks the truth!! [laugh]...for once

Now he is not prime minister and he knew he is waiting to go to jail. So he can just freely speak the truth without any repercussions as he will go to jail anyway. He surely have friends and or mps and ministers sharing information and he happened to be in that group and knew all these information on what's going on. So yeah.. 

When one side say: " business as usual " it seems the other way round, Singapore having bilateral relationship is different, not difficult depends who is PM of Malaysia.

Yes we had seen and witness'd LaoMA flipping prata, simply he was the " Prata Man " & he has caused mayhem many times before and after retiring, the comeback King

Yes we have seen ' Tosai PM ' too, notwithstanding status quo, regardless of the water minister , education minister or transport minister, these 4G calibre minister lacks the finer touches in politics mitigation experiences, we may not be dealing with the wily old fox no more however we still do have to deal with other cunning wolf and smart coyotes. On that note, the signing of HSR contractual agreement has no bearing to Bolehland hierarchy, when cancellation has been official, the compensation amount will be much lesser than the required amount, simply Bolehland don't follow contract, thy less the salt, pepper and Paprika plus less wrapper too, thy bring along their tingkat :XD:

4 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I saw 1 article bolehland asking us to invest back in their HSR instead...

just give $$$ all settled liao la ... lol

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

just give $$$ all settled liao la ... lol

I rather throw the $ into any sh|t investment

Malaysia Johor State Minister announced earlier at a press conference that they will welcome Singapore or any other countries to invest in a “new” high-speed rail investment. He also stressed that they are unable to cooperate under the old high-speed rail plan but specified reasons were given to the press.

Many comments arise from Facebook after the news conference and blast the Malaysian Minister that “they are trying to eat a free lunch” and “want to eat don’t want pay money”

He also said that the Johor government hopes that the central government can continue to promote the construction of the high-speed rail.

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

When one side say: " business as usual " it seems the other way round, Singapore having bilateral relationship is different, not difficult depends who is PM of Malaysia.

Yes we had seen and witness'd LaoMA flipping prata, simply he was the " Prata Man " & he has caused mayhem many times before and after retiring, the comeback King

Yes we have seen ' Tosai PM ' too, notwithstanding status quo, regardless of the water minister , education minister or transport minister, these 4G calibre minister lacks the finer touches in politics mitigation experiences, we may not be dealing with the wily old fox no more however we still do have to deal with other cunning wolf and smart coyotes. On that note, the signing of HSR contractual agreement has no bearing to Bolehland hierarchy, when cancellation has been official, the compensation amount will be much lesser than the required amount, simply Bolehland don't follow contract, thy less the salt, pepper and Paprika plus less wrapper too, thy bring along their tingkat :XD:

Never trust the BLOODY MY.   LKY warned us before.

17 hours ago, Didu said:

Malaysia expects compensation for HSR project's termination to be below S$270 million: Mustapa Mohamed

“...we are confident that the compensation cost will be much lower than S$270 million. Anyway, the matter has not been finalised and will be discussed soon," Mustapa said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hsr-malaysia-compensation-below-270-million-mustapa-mohamed-13895790

Sounds like MY wants a discount on the compensation.  :XD:

Want lower? Can, supply free water to us  and we sell them back at $5 per gallon, la for next 50 years.

And give us free airspace for our fighter jets to fly until Malacca 

On 1 January, 2021 at 11:16 AM, ToyotaShuttle said:

I have yet to be convinced that building this HSR is a good deal for Singaporeans.

So yes, they did give us a good deal by terminating it.

Singapore G should be wiser now than wakeup call in slumber, with a stroke of a pen, thing will change for the worse later, Bolehland read and digested the contract agreement and realised the great depression thy had signed a foolish contract in 2016 yet allow it to be terminated/ postponed twice & cancelled paying millions in compensation, how silly * naive can Singapore be ? 

For the smarter one, when their HSR is TOP, we just hop into JB and take the train up MAL/ KL/ PEN trip up north [cool]

its time to bring the case to The International Court of Justice (ICJ).

its time for PAP to do what it does best

sue them till their pants drop.

2 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

its time to bring the case to The International Court of Justice (ICJ).

its time for PAP to do what it does best

sue them till their pants drop.

All of us like what you speak the truth, however the hard fact remains, Sillypore will not even want to go that far end of seeking justice simply we are still Abang and Adek . . . every now & then bang likes to take advantage of Adek wjhomis much smaller in size but smarter and richer in brain, while Abang has all the resources yet lazy and spent all money unnecessary on fruitless item.

We still remains as close neighbour for next decades or century, day to day misunderstanding give and take la, Used to it liao [laugh]

On 1/5/2021 at 12:51 PM, Freeder said:

HSR project is too mouth watering and Huats for the Bumis...

In No fxxking way  , they are gonna let this pass...

SG Govt knows the all the corruption and under table going ard in MY.  They want to leave SG out of the vendor selection process. Its obvious that if SG is involved in the vendor selection, MY cannot get bribes from vendors.

↡ Advertisement