KL-Singapore High Speed Rail terminated after both countries fail to reach agreement on M'sia's proposed changes to project

RadX

8 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Hsr will still go ahead but stop at jb.

I can understand MY rationale. Stop at Sg will mean tourists and visitors can bypass whole of southern MY. Why would they even alight? Making it terminate at JB will make it a hub. Everyone alight to transfer to RTS line to Sg or disperse and take in JB and the surroundings  

But who will take a HSR to go to JB?

Bas ekspres tiket RM20 cheeep cheeep

Somemore those bas drivers high on drugs can drive faster than the HSR.....lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Anybody want to bet this HSR will never be built in earth's lifespan? Maybe in alternate reality when the country is not so corrupted..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Anybody want to bet this HSR will never be built in earth's lifespan? Maybe in alternate reality when the country is not so corrupted..

On the contrary bro. The motivation for all these grandiose projects in bolehland is corruption. They juz dun like this pesky little red dot that utter silly words like 'transparency', 'open tender', etc

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

to be honest ... the priority also not right ...

covid (worsening) ... at least another 1.5 yr to stabilize

politic in-fighting (Bersatu internally also fighting)

politic out-fighting (umno is making move to regain the throne liao ... election coming sooner or later)

economy in deep shit ... budget deficit widening

most importantly ... where got $$$ ... must give a call to 大哥 liao

and lastly ... umno will only support the project if they are in the captain seat with umno MOF minister like jibby [laugh] 

Malay politics is fragmented now.

UMNO, PAS, Bersatu & Pejuang vs PKR & Amanah.

Pejuang is the kingmaker.

I remember our Ex Transport Minister Khaw said,S'pore already spend almost $300 Millions on the HSR,now if get Back $100 Millions,We still lost $200 Millions...a very large sum of Taxpayer's Money.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

I remember our Ex Transport Minister Khaw said,S'pore already spend almost $300 Millions on the HSR,now if get Back $100 Millions,We still lost $200 Millions...a very large sum of Taxpayer's Money.

lol

300 million from left pocket to right pocket still inside pocket.

100 million from Malaysia is pure profit.

PM Lee too ''Trusted'' on our Neighbour's PMs,last time Thailand's PM Thaksin also the same,once pushed down by their own Country Citizens,Thaksin took Billions of our Money & ''Enjoy'' Life Overseas...

10 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

According to Press Release, no mention of the amount 

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

MRT from woodlands to johor is different case, as that open up the blue collar worker to travel from Singapore to jb and vice versa to work. It save a lot of commute time and reduce jam in the causeway. 

How horrible. Poor Singaporeans....

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

According to Press Release, no mention of the amount 

wont be surprised if give *DISCOUNT*  in the pretext of COVID and simi sai excuse to maintain good relationship

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wont be surprised if give *DISCOUNT*  in the pretext of COVID and simi sai excuse to maintain good relationship

They will say abang need $$ to buy (marked up) vaccine so no $$ to pay adik. Bolehland politicians will then jump on the bandwagon n accuse SG of being uncaring, trying to cheat them, disrespecting the older abang.....blah-blah-blah

The usual crap lah

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Karoon said:

I can understand MY rationale. Stop at Sg will mean tourists and visitors can bypass whole of southern MY. Why would they even alight? Making it terminate at JB will make it a hub. Everyone alight to transfer to RTS line to Sg or disperse and take in JB and the surroundings  

If they are dumb enough to build HSR within Malaysia alone, then good luck. 

anyway, I am so happy this HSR was terminated. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jusnel said:

Always remember LKY say about Malaysia 

They can void any contract with the stroke of a pen

Never trust them.

Well..they still send us water at 3 sens per ... like 1000 gallons right? Live and let live bro...as a chinese saying goes...there are no perpetual enemies..没有永远的敌人..

But im glad about the cancellation...as someone who is crazy over border controls and job stealing by FTs...this is good news. Imagine all the drug addicts, gangmen who find travelling down south much easier with this HSR..

Honestly i dun think our SPF has the resources to deal with new problems. Have they located the Yishun Dam angmoh yet? Yes so overall this is good news.

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

Bro, HSR is expensive, what is the expected traffic volume from JB to KL?  

The viability of HSR is largely dependent on taking over traffic, no 1 or 2 in the world, from the SG/ KL flight corridor. We would be stupid to kill Changi / SIA without a stake in the HSR project. Luckily SG-JB is a LRT project. 

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3