COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

2 hours ago, james1055 said:

I might be a potential buyer for you lei. Too Bad, you choose not to tell me.

You got money also I cannot sell you.

Not that I don't want to but I have sold off all my used cars until no more stock.

Now I am looking to buy used cars to do up and sell.

People saw COE rising and they whack all my good quality used cars at reasonable prices.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

34 minutes ago, cashcow said:

Hello 2021................

Better than 2020?

Buy or bye?

@Jamesc what is your MIL's thots

💪 or [wave]

Buy buy buy bye bye

:grin:

• Haha! 2

COE will be on the up tend because :

1. lesser COE quota moving forward

2. people have not been travelling last year  and will not be travelling for holiday this year ,  resulting in saving and therefore  excess cash to change new car  earlier.

3. people are less willing to take public transport due to covid , so buy new car

We are not talking about a huge population of them , just a very small few % of them will be able to push up the COE price significantly.  And I am not saying it will shoot up in Jan, it will be increased gradually  from bid to bid.

😃

but BS all I like, point 1 is the influencing factor.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Do not agree with you with your points.

1) 2016 5yrs coe renewal are returning to market, there was over 15k of 5yrs coe renewal. 

2) excess cash is used to invest instead.

3) people are more willing to take public as the community cases are near to zero.

COE will go down this 3 years as 2016, 2017 and 2018 with 5yrs expiring COEs are returning.

Edited by PaulMeng
  • Praise 2

8 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Usually will AD help put in the bid on the first day? Just checked under my ID, no bid yet hahaha

typical for most of the bids to come in the afternoon of the last day

• Praise 1

I think prices will still be going up due to the limited supply and we are heading into a low supply part of the cycle.  3000 COEs per bid seems easily snapped up.

Just based on my general observations.  But will be interested to see how much the return of the 15k of COEs will impact the prices.

Assuming it is 15k per year ie. about 600~700 COEs additional per bid.   How many of 15k will stop driving? 

Edited by Lotr

Will COE go up as Lunar New Year approaching next month? More orders to fulfill?

High demand but projected reduced COE quota in coming quarter? 

Let's guess the COE during this "economy downturn" 😁

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Lotr said:

I think prices will still be going up due to the limited supply and we are heading into a low supply part of the cycle.  3000 COEs per bid seems easily snapped up.

Just based on my general observations.  But will be interested to see how much the return of the 15k of COEs will impact the prices.

Assuming it is 15k per year ie. about 600~700 COEs additional per bid.   How many of 15k will stop driving? 

the 5 year coe of  both cat A and B due for recycle is about 22,000, so it is about close to 2,000 more COE per month, hopefully can smoothen the COE shortfall.

Edited by Ct3833

The drivers who scrapped their 15 year old cars may return to the market for new cars... Private hire company may start to come in to bid for new cars as they are not using older than 10 year old cars moving forward.. 

Not a simple formula to derive market demand and supply.. 

Short term speculation; I would guess coe will go up with the news of reduction in coming Feb-Apr quota.

• Praise 3

YOLO

you only live once

bid like your life depend on it and just carry on with your life lah

every  month have to discuss where COE going ?

I come here to kaypoh only... got 2yo car and happy happy

Main thing on demand side is herd psychology.

If most ppl believe COE is rising -> they better buy now -> COE rises

If most ppl believe COE is dropping -> can wait wait -> COE falls

So if u want COE to fall do like our friend Donald does and insist it is going to fall every round never mind the evidence 🤣

Edited by yishunite
  • Haha! 1

last 2 biddings has spooked the market

will have many on the fence ppl rushing in to book fearing that it will go up even more.

Edited by wlalala

2 hours ago, Lotr said:

I think mostly are in the dealer shop parking to sell or pending to scrap it.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, PaulMeng said:

I think mostly are in the dealer shop parking to sell or pending to scrap it.

then this is even worse... this creates an unrealistic shortage of supply. and those who sold the cars to the second hand dealers may return to the market to add to the increase in demand..

😨

• Praise 1

i heard there is a significant backlog in your conti BBA dealers.... 2 weeks ago when i was in audi, the sales person showed in her ipad that they closed 20 sets of A5 over one weekend. That was when A5 was selling at 163k. 

I believe coe will rise for jan. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3