COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

5 hours ago, Lotr8445r said:

they believe those whom scrap will not be able to afford to continue to get replacement? Those whom scrap their car are poor but they themselves sitting fence is richer? what logic is this?

Those who scrapped may buy either another used car or new car, depending on their choice. Only few will give up driving.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

People live in their own fantasy world.

COE is going to crash

People that scrap their COE cars will never buy a car again.

The gov will increase supply.

I will get my car with the lowest COE as all the idiots bought to early and paid too much.

I am smarter than all these idiots.

The next COE will be the one that crashes.

I am going to get my car soon.

:grin:

• Haha! 1

In a few months’ time, many would lament that they missed out on the low COE prices of today.  So instead of hoping for lower COE prices, act now.....

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

People live in their own fantasy world.

COE is going to crash

People that scrap their COE cars will never buy a car again.

The gov will increase supply.

I will get my car with the lowest COE as all the idiots bought to early and paid too much.

I am smarter than all these idiots.

The next COE will be the one that crashes.

I am going to get my car soon.

:grin:

heng i bought my car in 2019 when coe bottomed! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Lotr said:

Last week's news report says 10% rise in sales from those ADs interviewed

if true then coe is bound to rise again 😖

Property market also picking up.  HSK even said that the G "do not want to see the property market run ahead of the underlying economic fundamentals"

Saw one finance blogger predict that Cat A and B prices will reach 50k and 65k by end of 2021.

His analysis is based on the expected reduction in COE supply as we are entering the low supply period of the cycle, demand is still consistent as many buyers are not affected by the economic impact of Covid and some may divert their travel budget to a car.

One thing he didn't mention, at least not directly, is the 5 years COE returning to the system. But one might infer that this point is addressed in the argument that there is a consistent demand.

18 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Saw one finance blogger predict that Cat A and B prices will reach 50k and 65k by end of 2021.

His analysis is based on the expected reduction in COE supply as we are entering the low supply period of the cycle, demand is still consistent as many buyers are not affected by the economic impact of Covid and some may divert their travel budget to a car.

One thing he didn't mention, at least not directly, is the 5 years COE returning to the system. But one might infer that this point is addressed in the argument that there is a consistent demand.

Coe goes up, who happy? Gahmen happy so of course it will and should go up! 

Maybe few years down the road nearing erections or when coe goes up to 80k-90k like the good old 2012-2015 period then maybe come up with new measures to bring it back down. 

• Haha! 2

this round maybe still flat or drop slightly.. still got chance to hit the CNY delivery.. Next bidding for sure go down.. who buy car before CNY.  

Next 2 bidding for those who brought during 11.11 sales or Dec promo.. Managed got it a good price and got 6 bidding to spare one.. dun mind CNY delivery or not...

2 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Coe goes up, who happy? Gahmen happy so of course it will and should go up! 

Maybe few years down the road nearing erections or when coe goes up to 80k-90k like the good old 2012-2015 period then maybe come up with new measures to bring it back down. 

That why's it very important to catch the right period in the cycle to buy a new car.

Not sure if government will do anything to cool COE prices. Unlike housing, cars are still considered a luxury rather than a necessity.

1 hour ago, khee76 said:

this round maybe still flat or drop slightly.. still got chance to hit the CNY delivery.. Next bidding for sure go down.. who buy car before CNY.  

Next 2 bidding for those who brought during 11.11 sales or Dec promo.. Managed got it a good price and got 6 bidding to spare one.. dun mind CNY delivery or not...

Don’t think the next few biddings will see a drop in COE prices due to lesser COE quota 

• Shocked 1