COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

Next round of COE bidding is 1 week+ before Chinese New Year and start of the next smaller quarter quota.  I believe there will be another round of strong bidding.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Didn't see government do anything when coe reached 90k, better let market forces decide. 

Rather this than what KBW did last year when he hold back coe after CB and said he worried about misery of 2nd car dealers if coe were to crash

They did - they capped the loan limits in 2013-2014 after COE reached $90k, and it started going down after that.

I think they’ll take a wait and see approach, maybe until $70k, before playing with the loan limits again. 

31 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Thought gahmen did something on curbing the loan ratio with min 30%/40% for cat A and B? 

If not coe will be 200k now already but of course we gotta factor in how uber left the market too since they were the biggest culprits with lion City rentals. Hilarious when cat A was 70k and attrage costs insane high. 

17 minutes ago, Univ3r5e said:

They did - they capped the loan limits in 2013-2014 after COE reached $90k, and it started going down after that.

I think they’ll take a wait and see approach, maybe until $70k, before playing with the loan limits again. 

I c ... thanks for highlighting

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Heng I got my Honda city liao

You really very heng ah. You heng that you never continue to think and think lo. Lol.

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, Lotr said:

Not sure if government will do anything to cool COE prices. Unlike housing, cars are still considered a luxury rather than a necessity.

For sure government will do nothing to cool COE prices.

7 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

While that’s true, I think the Govt will not want to create a perceived rich-poor gap if the COE levels rise too much. When cars become too expensive and are in reach of just the rich, there will be alot of unhappiness on the group that the Govt is pandering to the rich, affecting their approval levels. 

compare with 2.65mil voting population, just imagine how many people will be buying cars ? 30k, 40k?  therefore, the number of unhappy car buyers per year  is relatively small. Government will be happy to collect more money from the unhappy car buyers  and spend some money to  keep the majority voters happy. 
COE will be on the uptrend as long as the number of quota continue to shrink. We can only hope that the increase wont be too drastic when the 5 year COE are released back for recycle. 

Edited by Ct3833

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

compare with 2.65mil voting population, just imagine how many people will be buying cars ? 30k, 40k?  therefore, the number of unhappy car buyers per year  is relatively small. Government will be happy to collect more money from the unhappy car buyers  and spend some money to  keep the majority voters happy. 
COE will be on the uptrend as long as the number of quota continue to shrink. We can only hope that the increase wont be too drastic when the 5 year COE are released back for recycle. 

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The world has changed. Be cautious your spending on big ticket items.

The world has changed. It is entirely different compare to the world 4 years ago! If the COE is out of reach, go and take public transport.

13 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Thought gahmen did something on curbing the loan ratio with min 30%/40% for cat A and B? 

If not coe will be 200k now already but of course we gotta factor in how uber left the market too since they were the biggest culprits with lion City rentals. Hilarious when cat A was 70k and attrage costs insane high. 

Even if they say full cash one, don’t think will go down more than 5k

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Twich said:

We are in a different world now. Better worry your job than COE.

You are right 

with so many ceca ceca coming in, worry man

14 hours ago, Lotr said:
15 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

While that’s true, I think the Govt will not want to create a perceived rich-poor gap if the COE levels rise too much. When cars become too expensive and are in reach of just the rich, there will be alot of unhappiness on the group that the Govt is pandering to the rich, affecting their approval levels. 

Ceca they already bring in by the plane lots. Don’t know how many people jobs affected, don’t know how many COVIDs come in Liao

You think they care about car price for the poor? :XD:

coe go up, the most can only defer gst :XD:

bonus song:

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1