COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

14 minutes ago, Bensky said:

LTA should seriously consider a further 2% annual reduction in COE for the next 5 years. Our roads are overly congested and road pricing is not working.

Then where do you find the trucks and vans to deliver your food and parcels? More population, more economic activities, more logistics, more hunan movements.

Unless we contract at 2% a year as well. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Then where do you find the trucks and vans to deliver your food and parcels? More population, more economic activities, more logistics, more hunan movements.

Unless we contract at 2% a year as well. 

Our public transport system is first class and WFH should be the new norm post-pandemic 

8 minutes ago, Bensky said:

Our public transport system is first class and WFH should be the new norm post-pandemic 

I support you to WFH and take public transport!  Unfortunately not enough people WFH and take public transport now. So still no empty road for me. 

42 minutes ago, Bensky said:

LTA should seriously consider a further 2% annual reduction in COE for the next 5 years. Our roads are overly congested and road pricing is not working.

How about making expensive cars more expensive by increasing ARF and lower ARF for B&B models.

51 minutes ago, wlalala said:

should give rebates to ppl who own multiple cars

since 1 person can only drive 1 car at a time

Lol what happens to your towkays who buy multiple cars in their name for their family members to drive? Further subsidising the rich...

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

How about making expensive cars more expensive by increasing ARF and lower ARF for B&B models.

It is already progressive. From 100% to 180%.

Downside is dealers bring in barebone cars with bad/no safety features to save on OMV/ARF. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Bensky said:

Road pricing  is working as designed  to collect money, if not enough cars on the road meaning it is not working,  there will be no income. 

• Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

In MCF a lot of people claim to be very rich every post full cash, full cash but the richest person in MCF is actually @Philipkee

Philip when he don't like to see his boss face will just throw letter and tell him I had enough of working for you and I think I will just go around the world lah.

When he come back from his round the world trip he come to my show room to kapo a couple of packets of biscuits. When he saw the new Honda City he tell my salesman just do up the paperwork I sign on the dotted line now.

The salesman shock Sir you don't want to know the price huh? Sir you don't want to know bank interest rates huh? Philip tell him all this not important.

I see, I like, I just buy.

I wish all my customers were like him. Some come in head to toe branded clothes, very yah yah papaya, talk all got slang slang one as if all very atas and successful with a lot of money type.

After that all the pattern come out. I just bought condo lah, can lower the price or not? I got baby coming lah, can lower the price or not? Economy no good lah, can lower the price or not? I worry about my job lah, can lower the price or not?

After discount so much for them until almost no margin bank loan NOT approved. Really waste my salesman time.

Philip come in no branded, he wearing slippers, t shirt and bermudas my salesman say look like he going market to buy some fish type. Then he tell my salesman I sign this weekend, Wednesday I don't care how high COE goes up, just bid 5 thousand more than the highest bid, I will pay.

You all know lah, Wednesday on the COE thread all saying this round sure get, this round sure get. 4.15pm get or not? Didn't get lah but next round sure get.

Ask Philip got or not? He says the salesman just called him, Mr Kee got the COE when you make the final payment? My boss say you pay in used $100 notes one. He say when you come he will standby 2 security guards take the cash to the bank. He very scared he carry so much cash he kenna robbed.

People in the COE thread bought their cars so long ago still waiting for COE. Philip weekend sign contract, Wednesday get COE, next week come down and collect car.

Chop chop fast fast.

Money talks, BS walks.

:grin:

I like Philip, very humble type. Never shout he got money, he got money.

But we all know lah. He see, he like, he buy. No need to waste time discuss price type.

I wish all my customers was just like him.

If your customers all like Philip, u will need to open a biscuit factory as well😀

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

On 1/22/2021 at 10:42 AM, Mustank said:

If 1: buy car is waste money one

If 2: coe go up, poor fellow finds it harder to get a car

If 3: loan curbs makes even harder for poor fellow to buy car

therefore, Govt helping poor guy save marnie! 😁 

Yes and also helping banks/financial institutions not to have so much bad debts and/or reduce loan shark cases, etc etc....

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Bensky said:

Those who cannot accept the congested roads can simply take public transport. Cutting COE further will (here it comes again) create more elitist situation as COE is driven further up to the exclusion of more people. 

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Spring said:

If your customers all like Philip, u will need to open a biscuit factory as well😀

And also coffee factory la. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, Bensky said:

On 1/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, Bensky said:

If WFH is the new norm, then don't need to cut quota. 

IF WFH maybe not as much people buy cars or even if they do, since WFH also don't need drive out except in the morning to send kids to school or meal times and weekends.

12 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

If WFH is the new norm, then don't need to cut quota. 

IF WFH maybe not as much people buy cars or even if they do, since WFH also don't need drive out except in the morning to send kids to school or meal times and weekends.

Yes, all this cutting quota is just an excuse to raise the COE only, this is a good income for the LTA.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, james1055 said:

Yes, all this cutting quota is just an excuse to raise the COE only, this is a good income for the LTA.

In any case I still think COE is a necessary evil for Singapore. 

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, james1055 said:

Cut quota u say is to raise COE prices as it’s good income for LTA. When increase quota, some will also say to get more income for LTA as well. Increase or decrease, LTA will always been accused of getting more income right?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 7

30 minutes ago, Spring said:

Cut quota u say is to raise COE prices as it’s good income for LTA. When increase quota, some will also say to get more income for LTA as well. Increase or decrease, LTA will always been accused of getting more income right?

That's Singaporean for you ha ha.

Everything also complain

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3