COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

5 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

i heard there is a significant backlog in your conti BBA dealers.... 2 weeks ago when i was in audi, the sales person showed in her ipad that they closed 20 sets of A5 over one weekend. That was when A5 was selling at 163k. 

I believe coe will rise for jan. 

$163k is very cheap for A5!!!! WOW!!!! The list price is $199k. That means $36k discount!!! WOW!!!

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

$163k is very cheap for A5!!!! WOW!!!! The list price is $199k. That means $36k discount!!! WOW!!!

ok, my bad... 163,999 with interest rate of 1.88%. throw in free tinting as well. that was in the 3rd week of dec 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
6 hours ago, PaulMeng said:

Do not agree with you with your points.

1) 2016 5yrs coe renewal are returning to market, there was over 15k of 5yrs coe renewal. 

2) excess cash is used to invest instead.

3) people are more willing to take public as the community cases are near to zero.

COE will go down this 3 years as 2016, 2017 and 2018 with 5yrs expiring COEs are returning.

1. you are assuming that all 15k will drive all the way till 2021. i would think that a sizable number would have already scrapped earlier given the low coe in 2019. anyway no one has the figures except LTA.

2. you will be surprised how much the rich will splurge to make themselves happy. the amounts for investments has already been set aside.

3. 50-50 i have no knowledge on this.

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Quite normal practice for Audi (maybe others ADs as well), they will put their list price very high but the selling price will be much lower. 

Anyway, their profit margin based on 163k is still about 35k.

• Praise 3

Up or down. Ppl will continue to buy as long as the world is turning. 

furthermore, interest rate is low . 

why not take a loan at low interest rate leh.

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

saw today's paper that property prices are up, both private and HDB. It only meant we are all rich, too much cash lying around. When you have too much capital, what you do? no travelling and stuck on this litter red dot.  the only way to kill time is to buy house and cars.

CNY coming, Huat ah!!!

Global investors’ confidence is at all time high given Singapore’s successful systematic control of COVID19.  This all bodes well for us as we recover from the pandemic.  Property prices will certainly rise steadily surpassing previous records as we emerge from the pandemic as a choice business destination. Invest now before the ship leaves the harbour.

9 hours ago, Lotr said:

typical for most of the bids to come in the afternoon of the last day

4 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Normally put on the third day afternoon.

Got it, thanks both!

• Praise 1

If 2nd hand cars demand is so good, new cars demand will be even higher.

Note that a lot of people made money from the US stock market in recent months and PHV car rental companies have to start stocking up new cars.

These factors add upward pressure to the COE prices.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

If 2nd hand cars demand is so good, new cars demand will be even higher.

Note that a lot of people made money from the US stock market in recent months and PHV car rental companies have to start stocking up new cars.

These factors add upward pressure to the COE prices.

2nd hand demand is even hotter as people cannot wait.

Until all my used cars sold off and I got no more stock left.

:grin:

Just checked, my bid from AD not in yet lol maybe they not bidding this round but I thought 4 bid and car ready in Feb by right they will also bid this time round

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, 2wiremodem said:

Just checked, my bid from AD not in yet lol maybe they not bidding this round but I thought 4 bid and car ready in Feb by right they will also bid this time round

Your AD should bid this round to avoid next round COE go up even higher. Car ready in Feb, COE should get in Jan 2021.

27 minutes ago, 2wiremodem said:

It is possible they bid 15-30minutes before 4pm. Long ago mine got updated after 3:30pm.  Maybe just check again after 3:30pm

bid too early, then say why no revise bid to secure COE

put in bid late, so can put in a more realistic amount accordingly, then get questioned why havent bid yet

life is tough

↡ Advertisement