COE Bidding – January 2021

Carbon82

28 minutes ago, BananaSenpai said:

Top up 5k since a 10k increase from COE sound like a fair enough deal imho. Perhaps the other bros here can advise.

Fair deal is coe increase 10k, top up 10k.  Top up 5k is good deal.   But it still depends on whether the seller's margin can absorb the difference or not  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, BananaSenpai said:

G-Coe?

7 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

If G-COE, then no worries. If Luxury car also no worries. Sure AD will bid for you next round.

No leh, not guaranteed COE.
I think its 4-bid non guaranteed COE.

Is it bad?

7 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Is it bad?

If the coe trend upwards, your dealer will most probably require you to top up $XXXX amount. But there are times that dealer still commit and deliver their deal. Can share how much of a difference between bid amount and the respective coe price?

8 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Is it bad?

No, depend on the car brand you buy. Most Conti higher brand will give u the COE even Non-G. Some Japanese brand also will give u COE for Non-G. All luxury cars are non-G and people still get the COE.

17 hours ago, Lotr said:

Fair deal is coe increase 10k, top up 10k.  Top up 5k is good deal.   But it still depends on whether the seller's margin can absorb the difference or not  

Yup indeed, paying 5k more for 10k additional paper value is a really good offer. 

We have accepted the offer, next weekend can collect car. 😀

• Praise 1

erm...i think this one they should have quite abit of margin?
luxury brand wise, they should be able to absorb the COE increase on their end actually..

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, BananaSenpai said:

If the coe trend upwards, your dealer will most probably require you to top up $XXXX amount. But there are times that dealer still commit and deliver their deal. Can share how much of a difference between bid amount and the respective coe price?

Ah I see, the difference is about $1000. These are not confidential info right ? Hahahaha 

4 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

No, depend on the car brand you buy. Most Conti higher brand will give u the COE even Non-G. Some Japanese brand also will give u COE for Non-G. All luxury cars are non-G and people still get the COE.

I see I see, keeping my fingers crossed. Japanese brand hahaha 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, 2wiremodem said:

Ah I see, the difference is about $1000. These are not confidential info right ? Hahahaha 

Not confidential, no worries. 1k differences is manageable I suppose, all the best for the next few bids!

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 2wiremodem said:

The difference of $1000 is far too low. Normally if rebate is S$40k, AD will bid up to S$50k. That is the acceptable range AD will bid. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, BananaSenpai said:

Not confidential, no worries. 1k differences is manageable I suppose, all the best for the next few bids!

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

The difference of $1000 is far too low. Normally if rebate is S$40k, AD will bid up to S$50k. That is the acceptable range AD will bid. 

What kind of rebate are we referring to? Sorry very new to this. 

I’m guessing next bid they will definitely bid above $40k for cat A? 

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Thank you! 

For example, Honda civic COE rebate is S$39k which is Non-G. AD may bid up to 45k depending on the type of model. Mercedes rebate Cat A is S$33k and may bid up to S$45k. AD always got allowance for themselves. 

10 hours ago, wlalala said:

Yup indeed, paying 5k more for 10k additional paper value is a really good offer. 

We have accepted the offer, next weekend can collect car. 😀

Congratulations 

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

For example, Honda civic COE rebate is S$39k which is Non-G. AD may bid up to 45k depending on the type of model. Mercedes rebate Cat A is S$33k and may bid up to S$45k. AD always got allowance for themselves. 

Congratulations 

I see, how to see the COE rebate for cars? 

hahahaha

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

hahahaha

Usually stated in the price list when you go and look.  Rarely it's on the online price list unless it's a promotion.

9 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

hahahaha

This rebate depends on the dealer. They will tell you upfront and would (should) also be in the written contract. The SE will tell you that the rebate amount is $X. For example, it could be $35,000. This is not the amount that they will bid at. Usually it will be more. What it means is that if the successful COE is below the amount, they will refund you the difference. Again as an example, if the successful bid for that period was $31,000, the dealer will refund you $4,000.  Don't expect this to happen any time soon. It will be easier to strike 1st price in 4D.

17 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Thank you! 

Not necessarily.  If you purchase the car now and the rebate is $40k, then yes.

But you can go to purchase the car and the rebate is $30k, then not necessarily.   They can bid $31k. The benefit is that the car price will likely be lower and it caters for people who do not need the car urgently (can afford to wait or get cheque returned) and/ or those who think the COE will go down and are willing to take the risk of not getting their car if there is a chance they can get the car at a lower price.

10 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

hahahaha

Oh, either from the SE or from the price list. Your SE will tell you the COE rebate level. 

↡ Advertisement