Singapore Police Force can obtain TraceTogether data for criminal investigations: Desmond Tan

kobayashiGT

3 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It is actually a good discussion what. 

yes, agreed

watching nature channel now🤣🤣inbound6025645102808680725.gif.aaf6a7bc4782a749d43c630d071aeca1.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

17 hours ago, Weez911 said:

On the contrary, I think the law ministry is very free during the pandemic. He is not in the Covid Ministerial Task Force. And given the lock down, crime must be at an all time low by inference. Unless you consider going after that lady in Shunfu Market not wearing mask a huge drain in resource for his ministry.

Don't forget last year got election, many oppos coming out of the woodwork with 'falsehoods'.

In the mornings, I watch what is happening in America, the way that "free speech" is abused with falsehoods and that people that incite violence (appear to) get away with it and I think that things like POFMA and sharing of Trace Together to law enforcement is the right strategy. 

Then in the afternoons I get rather scared.  Can you imagine the results if someone like Trump (or bill Bar or Pompeo and the rest) had access to these sorts of tools?  

The problems are - when you have "good" people using this altruistically - it is all for the good.  If someone with less than pure motives has access to this sort of information, or these tools at their disposal, then what does the outcome look like? 

At the same time - I consider myself a fairly honest and "good" person.  I managed to live with the political restrictions and (what I consider) overly restrictive "free speech" rules in Singapore for a very long time and enjoy the lifestyle I had, but I still feel somewhat uncomfortable with "faceless people" being able to access where I go and who I am with. 

Furthermore - now that this information has become public - it is a disincentive for people to register.  You now never know when you may be called upon to "clear your name" simply because you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or were near the wrong person.  

This has the longer term effect of making Trace Together less effective than it otherwise might be - do the benefits of the police being able to access the information outweigh the cons of lesser people registering? I have no way to formulate a method that can calculate that - with my beliefs, I suspect though that the downside of lesser registrations is greater than the upside. 

• Praise 6

57 minutes ago, Darryn said:

In the mornings, I watch what is happening in America, the way that "free speech" is abused with falsehoods and that people that incite violence (appear to) get away with it and I think that things like POFMA and sharing of Trace Together to law enforcement is the right strategy. 

Then in the afternoons I get rather scared.  Can you imagine the results if someone like Trump (or bill Bar or Pompeo and the rest) had access to these sorts of tools?  

The problems are - when you have "good" people using this altruistically - it is all for the good.  If someone with less than pure motives has access to this sort of information, or these tools at their disposal, then what does the outcome look like? 

At the same time - I consider myself a fairly honest and "good" person.  I managed to live with the political restrictions and (what I consider) overly restrictive "free speech" rules in Singapore for a very long time and enjoy the lifestyle I had, but I still feel somewhat uncomfortable with "faceless people" being able to access where I go and who I am with. 

Furthermore - now that this information has become public - it is a disincentive for people to register.  You now never know when you may be called upon to "clear your name" simply because you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or were near the wrong person.  

This has the longer term effect of making Trace Together less effective than it otherwise might be - do the benefits of the police being able to access the information outweigh the cons of lesser people registering? I have no way to formulate a method that can calculate that - with my beliefs, I suspect though that the downside of lesser registrations is greater than the upside. 

This might help to save phone battery.

Blue tooth is still on.

Under location setting there is this function that prevent it from running in the background. It might help to save abit of battery life.

Screenshot_20210113-061842_Settings.jpg

37 minutes ago, Kopites said:

This might help to save phone battery.

Blue tooth is still on.

Under location setting there is this function that prevent it from running in the background. It might help to save abit of battery life.

Screenshot_20210113-061842_Settings.jpg

I bet that it's only those minority of people will go all out to do this. It is these minority of the people that voice the loudest in social media. There is actually majority of the people are okay with it that is silence as they felt no point voicing opinions on social media. In anyway its up to individuals, as in do what one feel its the right thing to do as long as it do not cause any harm to individuals. Actually this term do what it is a right thing to do as long as it don't harm individuals applies not just in person, but in government policies too. 

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

I bet that it's only those minority of people will go all out to do this. It is these minority of the people that voice the loudest in social media. There is actually majority of the people are okay with it that is silence as they felt no point voicing opinions on social media. In anyway its up to individuals, as in do what one feel its the right thing to do as long as it do not cause any harm to individuals. Actually this term do what it is a right thing to do as long as it don't harm individuals applies not just in person, but in government policies too. 

Yes exactly right.

The people behind the app / token spending millions probably already factored in the android (even old version) has this option to switch off bluetooth scanning with bluetooth itself switch on.

Bluetooth only work with paired devices.🤣🤣🤣

Anyway it might help to save some battery juice though.

Edited by Kopites

On 1/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Can this open up for private investigator? :grin:

Catching adultery will be solid. hahahahahahah

Actually the trace is quite amazing.. from what I understand, it’s nail down to the level of the floor of the shopping mall that the covid suspect and you were in the vincinity.. so this means if you were sleeping with the enemy, u also will be “exposed “ 😂 

• Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually the trace is quite amazing.. from what I understand, it’s nail down to the level of the floor of the shopping mall that the covid suspect and you were in the vincinity.. so this means if you were sleeping with the enemy, u also will be “exposed “ 😂 

IMHO.
For that to happen,   you will need at least two sets of data - Safe-Entry and TT. 

3 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
For that to happen,   you will need at least two sets of data - Safe-Entry and TT. 

no leh .. the person got the alert was using singpass trace app

11 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

no leh .. the person got the alert was using singpass trace app

IMHO.
If the "suspect" location is known,   the person who got the alert,  his or her location also can be known.

E.g. 
The suspect went to a shopping mall, does SAFE-ENTRY when he/she enters a shop.
The location would be known.
The person who has come into contact,  maybe be outside of the shop looking at the display.
Their TT will communicate with one another. 

Even if the suspect enters the shop without SAFE-ENTRY,  the employee of the shop could have done SAFE-ENTRY.
As long as one person does the SAFE-ENTRY,   the location would be known.

This is likely how it works because GPS doesn't work well indoor unless, on the mobile device, the accuracy is improved using wifi router and bluetooth.

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

what they use in Taiwan even more amazing.

There were few cases when those who return to Taiwan must serve SHN and on the new year eve, few of them actually went out par par zao for count down party. One msian guy even went to watch Mayday concert, the police was able to track him down and locate him in the crowd of thousand people. Another guy took train from south to Taipei but track down in one of the train station halfway.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

IMHO.
If there is really a concern,   mandatory or not,   it is up to each individual discretion.

There are senior who are not digital natives or children with no mobile phone.  These groups use physical scanning for entry.
The TT token is especially useful for them as they are vulnerable. 

I have seen multiple prong approach to inform 
-   Seniors Go Digital
-   Senior Mobile Plans
-   Trace Together Tokens

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

There were few cases when those who return to Taiwan must serve SHN and on the new year eve, few of them actually went out par par zao for count down party. One msian guy even went to watch Mayday concert, the police was able to track him down and locate him in the crowd of thousand people. Another guy took train from south to Taipei but track down in one of the train station halfway.

IMHO.
The technology is already available.  Could be SG already have it. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

With that ability, those that need cat2 or cat 1 clearance would be quite fast turn around time.

1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

With that ability, those that need cat2 or cat 1 clearance would be quite fast turn around time.

IMHO.  
I think those already CAT 1 need to worry a bit. 

22 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.  
I think those already CAT 1 need to worry a bit. 

I think u meant the family members need to worry a bit for cat1.. 

10 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I think u meant the family members need to worry a bit for cat1.. 

IMHO.
If there is really the advanced systems,   those with Cat 1 clearance,  like everyone, can be tracked - actively or passively. 

Can't seem to find the human face version.  Here's the car version.  Don't know is it fake or not. 

8 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
If there is really the advanced systems,   those with Cat 1 clearance,  like everyone, can be tracked - actively or passively. 

Can't seem to find the human face version.  Here's the car version.  Don't know is it fake or not. 

in Abu Dhabi got use meh? the police see liao oh this one belongs to Prince A, that one under Prince B's family, oh that was Royal X, etc...... go back close one eye [laugh]

↡ Advertisement