Singapore Police Force can obtain TraceTogether data for criminal investigations: Desmond Tan

kobayashiGT

32 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

in Abu Dhabi got use meh? the police see liao oh this one belongs to Prince A, that one under Prince B's family, oh that was Royal X, etc...... go back close one eye [laugh]

IMHO.
I think it is like the mindset of some of their owner (of cars)  -  important is to have,  use is secondary.  😎

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Darryn said:

Furthermore - now that this information has become public - it is a disincentive for people to register.  You now never know when you may be called upon to "clear your name" simply because you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or were near the wrong person.  

Your post is spot on. Pervasive surveillance is great. Until it isn't.

Singapore has a love affair with monitoring & tracking - it's proven effective & kept us safe.

But once these things are in place, they tend to stay in place.

Any predictions on when Safe Entry will be scrapped - 2023? 2025? Never?

Reposting:

***THE FUTURE--ORDERING PIZZA in 2022***

CALLER:

Is this Gordon's Pizza?

GOOGLE:

No sir, it's Google Pizza.

CALLER:

I must have dialed a wrong number. Sorry.

GOOGLE:

No sir, Google bought Gordon’s Pizza last month.

CALLER:

OK. I would like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE:

Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER:

My usual? You know me?

GOOGLE:

According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sauteed onions, fried eggplant and mushrooms on a thick crust.

CALLER:

OK! That’s what I want ...

GOOGLE:

May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and eggplant on a whole wheat gluten-free thin crust?

CALLER:

What? That's gross!

GOOGLE:

Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER:

How the hell do you know!

GOOGLE:

Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER:

Okay, but I do not want your healthy pizza! I already take medication for my cholesterol.

GOOGLE:

Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you purchased only 1 box of 30 cholesterol tablets once, at Drug RX Network, 4 months ago.

CALLER:

I bought more from another drugstore.

GOOGLE:

That doesn’t show on your credit card statement.

CALLER:

I paid in cash.

GOOGLE:

But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.

CALLER:

I have other sources of cash.

GOOGLE:

That doesn’t show on your last tax return unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law.

CALLER:

WHAT THE HELL!

GOOGLE:

I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER:

Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I'm going to an island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

GOOGLE:

I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first. It expired 6 weeks ago...

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually the trace is quite amazing.. from what I understand, it’s nail down to the level of the floor of the shopping mall that the covid suspect and you were in the vincinity.. so this means if you were sleeping with the enemy, u also will be “exposed “ 😂 

Yes, if you have a mistress, TT and WhatsApp (and perhaps FB) will know. Lol

• Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, if you have a mistress, TT and WhatsApp (and perhaps FB) will know. Lol

In dramas they always put the mistress contact names as flower shops, courier customer service one.... 

• Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Got cry?

So take full responsibility means what? What will happen to him? Nothing?

WP’s statement:

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/pritam-singh-tracetogether-bill/?fbclid=IwAR1aYMPL_IzzZGJjaXJmh_OSANDvz4sZPflrzt72qMrOoGFqUsshcYHH3BE

It is asked now or never asked.

Whatever the case, Singh said the episode had eroded some trust in the government. He then asked two questions.

Firstly, what was the exact date that Vivian knew about the applicability of the Code to TraceTogether data?

Secondly, was MP Christopher de Souza's Parliamentary question TraceTogether, answered in the House on Jan. 4, submitted before or after Vivian learned about the aforementioned link between the Code and the data.

Singh said these questions are important to understand at what point did the government determine its representations on the use of TraceTogether was misleading, and whether it could have updated the public on its own initiative.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Blueray said:

TraceTogether data use: Vivian Balakrishnan takes ‘full responsibility’ for error, says it would be ‘unconscionable’ to inhibit police work

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tracetogether-data-use-vivian-balakrishnan-takes-full-responsibility-error-says-it-would

I agree that for govt to use token as tracing for serious crimes.  The saying is "if u never do anything evil, no need to be scare of darkness "

Mind you all, terrorism is still very much alive and in our backyard. 

But the govt did a sloppy job in this. Vivian never realise? What his Perm Sec doing all this while? Sleeping? 

And what about the other ministers? All keep quiet or sleeping too? 

Vivian may forget or overlooked, but hey, we got a whole team of ministers and MPs + Civil service.  They NEVER raise the alarm to Vivian that he overlooked? 

6 hours ago, Jusnel said:

I agree that for govt to use token as tracing for serious crimes.  The saying is "if u never do anything evil, no need to be scare of darkness "

But the govt did a sloppy job in this. Vivian never realise? What his Perm Sec doing all this while? Sleeping? 

Vivian may forget or overlooked, but hey, we got a whole team of ministers and MPs + Civil service.  They NEVER raise the alarm to Vivian that he overlooked? 

Hmm.. Good point.. So we need civil service people who is not just yes man? Like if they spot something not right and voice out to chief in concern? 

Maybe need to have feedback loop anonymously to the top when someone think they see something that is not too right or the way it is going is like going downhill spril. Coz even a super intelligent person or super careful person might overlook things in certain aspect, this is especially so when the pressure is very high and too overly focused on something. 

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

TraceTogether data use: Vivian Balakrishnan takes ‘full responsibility’ for error, says it would be ‘unconscionable’ to inhibit police work

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tracetogether-data-use-vivian-balakrishnan-takes-full-responsibility-error-says-it-would

Yog...

Wash ceiling cringe performance. 

Desk top dancing cringe performance. 

Now this...

Id say he isn't the top grade wagyu I'm paying for.... just old sow...

• Haha! 1

350 people asked for their contact tracing data to be deleted in the past month: Vivian Balakrishnan

SINGAPORE - In the last month, 350 people have asked for their contact tracing data to be erased from the Government's server, said Minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation Initiative Vivian Balakrishnan, after it came to light that the police can obtain contact tracing data for criminal investigations.

But he added that in the same period, over 390,000 have signed up to be part of the national contact tracing programme TraceTogether. So far, more than 80 per cent of the population have either downloaded the TraceTogether app or collected the token.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/350-people-have-asked-for-their-contact-tracing-data-to-be-deleted-in-the-past

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Ya, I fine if these data can be use to stop terrorism or solve serious crime.  So this is not the issue for me.

It's the promise with guarantee of one thing, only to take it back that makes them look really bad..

13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Got cry?

So take full responsibility means what? What will happen to him? Nothing?

WP’s statement:

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/pritam-singh-tracetogether-bill/?fbclid=IwAR1aYMPL_IzzZGJjaXJmh_OSANDvz4sZPflrzt72qMrOoGFqUsshcYHH3BE

he say bay heng join the right gang party, if wrong party will kena sue till pants drop. [laugh]

9 hours ago, Jusnel said:

other ministries - not i go parliament say one, not my problem. [lipsrsealed]

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Yog...

Wash ceiling cringe performance. 

Desk top dancing cringe performance. 

Now this...

Id say he isn't the top grade wagyu I'm paying for.... just old sow...

yeah, we tio scam, pay for wagyu, end up received pork. :XD:

↡ Advertisement