News: $0.50 an hour car rental now available in Singapore, supper run anyone?

dudez7

I have tried renting this couple of weeks back, the car exterior is old, interior is also old since they are COE cars.
But the main gripe i have with it is the noises that comes from the car tyres, or suspension or engine. It's very loud and you feel unsafe while driving this car but anyway they mentioned that the car undergoes inspection every 6 months, so i guess mechanically wise should be okay.

Edited by 2wiremodem
  • Praise 4

Seems to me like a publicity stunt or something with a catch... how can $0.50 per hour cover the wear and tear on the car, let alone profits.

• Praise 3

Just now, 13177 said:

Business so bad until they offer $0.50 per hour car rental? :o

Just now, 13177 said:

Only 12-6am

• Sad 1

$0.50/hr (excluding petrol consumption) is a lot cheaper than Hotel 81. A joint collaboration with National Population and Talent Division? :D:D

"You don't need much space to have sex... "

BUT hor, a gentle reminder,

Idling engines: Higher penalties for repeat offenders from June 

ST_20160430_CKCAR30NEW_2257248.jpg

Under the Environmental Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations, it is an offence to leave the engine of a motor vehicle running while it is stationary for reasons other than traffic conditions.

It does not matter if you are sitting in the car enjoying the air-conditioner while waiting for friends to return - you could still be handed a fine.

From June, repeat offenders who leave the engines of their stationary vehicles switched on will face higher penalties, the National Environment Agency (NEA) announced yesterday.

Motorists caught leaving their vehicle engines idling for a second or subsequent time will face a fine of $100, up from the current $70. If the sum is not paid, the errant motorist will be liable to a maximum court fine of $5,000.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 11

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

maybe they want to push up the number of members before selling the company [sly]

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

$0.50/hr (excluding petrol consumption) is a lot cheaper than Hotel 81. A joint collaboration with National Population and Talent Division? :D:D

Under the Environmental Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations, it is an offence to leave the engine of a motor vehicle running while it is stationary for reasons other than traffic conditions.

It does not matter if you are sitting in the car enjoying the air-conditioner while waiting for friends to return - you could still be handed a fine.

From June, repeat offenders who leave the engines of their stationary vehicles switched on will face higher penalties, the National Environment Agency (NEA) announced yesterday.

Motorists caught leaving their vehicle engines idling for a second or subsequent time will face a fine of $100, up from the current $70. If the sum is not paid, the errant motorist will be liable to a maximum court fine of $5,000.

Do they really fine those driver running their engine while it is stationary? I always see those taxi lao like to on their engine at the parking lot when they are going out for their shift, and take quite a while before they drive off. 

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Their fleets got wish

make ur wish comes true

EFD5CA66-EB69-44B8-A23A-CA248907BF14.jpeg

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

I have tried renting this couple of weeks back, the car exterior is old, interior is also old since they are COE cars.
But the main gripe i have with it is the noises that comes from the car tyres, or suspension or engine. It's very loud and you feel unsafe while driving this car but anyway they mentioned that the car undergoes inspection every 6 months, so i guess mechanically wise should be okay.

I was wondering whether the recent car crash is related to this type of cheap car rental service.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/man-mourns-brothers-death-after-kje-accident-i-just-broke-down-and-my-mind-went-blank

4am_new_cover.jpg

The brothers had gone fishing at Sembawang Park on Friday around 11am after picking up their stepfather and stepbrother.

The fishing did not go as planned because of the rain, so they went home to freshen up around midnight before heading back to Sembawang Park for more fishing until nearly 4am.

20200106%20Tribecar.jpg?itok=sc1564KB

Even the timing is so zhun zhun at that kind of 50cent/hr timing.

I think from now on I will try to avoid getting too close to COE Wish. The car is not safe to the driver and other road users around them.

Edited by Watwheels

3 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Becos is COE car so need VICOM every 6 mths. But I think we all know VICOM inspection isn't worth the dogpoo you can wrap in the inspection certificate.

Cheaper than this one too.

I think people that drive these 

will soon be on the road

and drive the same way.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.16e8a54420fa7e759f6427f3b6e14e29.png

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3