2020 Mazda CX-8

Westin

21 hours ago, Westin said:

If the price is good enough... $100k or thereabouts.

$100k car in Singapore you're looking at the highest variant of honda jazz or mazda 3. Hell, even the altis before their year end promotion was $104k and this was with Oct COE before it went up. Cost price can barely cover with $100k. AD also have to pay rent, utilities, SE to put make up and gelek in showroom to entice uncles...

38 minutes ago, Westin said:

Thats true... well in Singapore that is the case with COE... 

COE is only 1 component. The import taxes on the car itself is almost 300% of the OMV.

• Praise 1

After driving for a month just want to give a quick review on the car. 

I bought the car with 7 seater in mind(use sometimes over the weekend) and looking for a SUV instead of MPV 

The drive of the 2.5 Cx8 is definitely enjoyable. 
lacking a turbo might dampen the drive a bit but you won’t feel sluggish much. 

the interior of the car looks and feels good. Probably one of the better ones out of the Jap brands. Only the infotainment system is a bit dated. Not even up to par with the newer Cx5. While it is dated, the basic features are there. and with CarPlay or android auto, I’m quite sure many of us might prefer using that instead. 

I have also drove full load 6 adults and a child and space is ok even in the 3rd row. 3rd row passengers are about 1.65m adults. Drive was about 35mins and no complains from them. Not sure if it will be much different for a longer period. 

FC is not the best, averages about 8km/l for me. But for a big car, can’t complain much?  
but most of my trips are within the estate in the last month for grocery, tabao etc. 
Probably less than 20% highway. 

Test drive others like bm216, skoda kodiaq, outlander, and GLB. Sorento was also within consideration but because of only diesel option, decided to pass. 

feels that this car suits my preference better in terms of 3rd row seating(when needed), drive and most of the safety features already in the package in the Lux version. 
for the budget in mind and the choices available for a SUV, the CX8 seems to fit in nicely for me. 

just quite surprise that there are so little chat about the car. The telegram group seems to be way more active with some new owners over the last month. 

guess the forum is a less preferred choice nowadays for sharing. 

cheers 

ps: wanted to share a review but dunno what to write. Haha pardon the content of the review. 

• Praise 9