brake pad labour cost

Saggi

On 1/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, kobayashiGT said:

I bought from fitinparts. is like an online store, so i think is my fault never input my car details properly.  haha. I am not guru lah. trial and error one. Now I have one pair of brake pads at home as paperweight. hahah.

I only buy their air and aircon filter now.

I bought 3 of their oil filters. 2 leaked after 5000km. 🥴

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Lucky mine cannot fit then. hahahahahahhaha.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:29 AM, ismailmiller said:

My IS250 which I bought just 3 months ago had a squeaky sound when braking so decided during servicing to change brake pads and rotors. 

Bought at Stockist Front rotor (260 a pair), rear (240) + Front Brake pads (100) and Rear (55): Total 655 + labor charge at workshop 180 for replacement + throttle body cleaning total damage 835. Abit pain but no choice as wear and tear. From my experience, if you continue long enough with the squeaky sound, may damage your brake calipers which cost alot more to fix. 

heh? 1st time i have heard that, continue with squeaks will spoil caliper...

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

if i'm not wrong their japanese sounding oil filters are made in Indonesia. a japanese sounding name doesn't mean its made by a japanese company and thus have the assumed quality standards. i would buy genuine parts for oil filters, or at minimum more reputable brands.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:29 AM, ismailmiller said:

My IS250 which I bought just 3 months ago had a squeaky sound when braking so decided during servicing to change brake pads and rotors. 

Bought at Stockist Front rotor (260 a pair), rear (240) + Front Brake pads (100) and Rear (55): Total 655 + labor charge at workshop 180 for replacement + throttle body cleaning total damage 835. Abit pain but no choice as wear and tear. From my experience, if you continue long enough with the squeaky sound, may damage your brake calipers which cost alot more to fix. 

If the rotor surface is slightly uneven (usually around the edge) it will squeal when cold. Unless it's really uneven on the rotor's contact surface then it will affect your braking force distribution.  Damage your calipers like how? You got this from the workshop ppl telling you? 

If the rotors are just slightly uneven around the edges you can just remove them and have them machined or grind. Replacement of rotors are only done when the rotors thickness have been reduced due to wear and tear.

23 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

if i'm not wrong their japanese sounding oil filters are made in Indonesia. a japanese sounding name doesn't mean its made by a japanese company and thus have the assumed quality standards. i would buy genuine parts for oil filters, or at minimum more reputable brands.

JS Asakayashi...haha.

Like my friend said, put some Japanese words on a product and suddenly more premium and can command high price 🤣

Yes, i using original one now but twice the price. 😓

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

JS Asakayashi...haha.

Like my friend said, put some Japanese words on a product and suddenly more premium and can command high price 🤣

Yes, i using original one now but twice the price. 😓

A favourite with workshops is Kee Beng Filters at Bendemeer Rd.

Cheap and good. I bought from them many times, never encounter any oil filter leak.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

A favourite with workshops is Kee Beng Filters at Bendemeer Rd.

Cheap and good. I bought from them many times, never encounter any oil filter leak.

Oh yes, Kee beng sell Mann filter right? I used to buy from them for my VW. 

You using Micro or Sakura now?

Edited by Fcw75

18 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Oh yes, Kee beng sell Mann filter right? I used to buy from them for my VW. 

You using Micro or Sakura now?

I got some Micro leftovers somewhere bcuz I buy sets of 10. Now, I don't service cars, since I rent one. [:p]

When I was driving Hyundai, I would buy from Song Yi oil filters in a set of 10 also.

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I got some Micro leftovers somewhere bcuz I buy sets of 10. Now, I don't service cars, since I rent one. [:p]

When I was driving Hyundai, I would buy from Song Yi oil filters in a set of 10 also.

Set of 10 [sweatdrop]

30 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

lol set of 10??

u drive so much?

can go resell liao😁

On 1/25/2021 at 10:14 AM, Watwheels said:

If the rotor surface is slightly uneven (usually around the edge) it will squeal when cold. Unless it's really uneven on the rotor's contact surface then it will affect your braking force distribution.  Damage your calipers like how? You got this from the workshop ppl telling you? 

If the rotors are just slightly uneven around the edges you can just remove them and have them machined or grind. Replacement of rotors are only done when the rotors thickness have been reduced due to wear and tear.

You mean skin the rotor. 😁

Anyway my understanding rotor can only be skin once through out its lifespan. Second or third skinning might affect the thickness not advisable. Mechanics told me so but pretty subjective. 😁

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hello, 

I am hazel and i have suggestion for all, this is a company named as AZ complete repair which provides wide range of onsite repairing services if you need services in an emergency then they are the fastest service providers. do visit their site. 

Edited by HazelBae

Neutral Newbie

@N00b 

hello, 

I am hazel and i have suggestion for all, this is a company named as AZ complete repair which provides wide range of onsite repairing services if you need services in an emergency then they are the fastest service providers. do visit their site. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:27 PM, Fcw75 said:

Aircon filter can buy at sopeepeepee Ori parts for 1/3 of the price. Issue is just to wait cos not local seller. 

• Praise 1

@Kopites

Over skimming the brake disc will result in the disc creating high frequency and vibration when subject to high speed braking. Always check manufacturer’s recommendation on the disc safety and acceptable thickness

When replacing the brake pads it is always a good practice for mechanic to manually remove or skim the disc edge to remove the disc edge to the same level as the disc wear surfaces.

Brake disc cutter.jpg

↡ Advertisement