brake pad labour cost

Saggi

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Actually for the 1-2 years I've been hearing some minor squealing when i brake. But i feel braking performance is still ok. 
Lol i honestly didn't think anything about it cos i assumed the workshop would always want me to change brake pads at the sign of wear, but they never say anything.

Go get a workshop to do some sanding on the pads(brake pad) , should be ok. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Actually for the 1-2 years I've been hearing some minor squealing when i brake. But i feel braking performance is still ok. 
Lol i honestly didn't think anything about it cos i assumed the workshop would always want me to change brake pads at the sign of wear, but they never say anything.

My car from the moment drive out of the showroom already squeaking.. but intermittently.. doesn't bother me.

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

brake pad got squealing sound . normally  got 2 cases.

if it happen only in the morning when u drive out from cp. high chance its the rotor got a small layer of rust appear over night, a few min or braking and driving , the sound will go away.

a more normal case its the rotor worn already , the circumference of the rotor got a small edge , when the brake pad appy pressure on it, it touch the edge and got a eeeeeee sound. 

last time ws alway skim the rotor. but now oem rotor very cheap, no really worth it to skim anymore

in some cases, ws take out the brake pad and grind the 4 surrounding side off, so it wont touch the edge.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Haha honestly it doesn't bother me lah. So used to it, i just sorta tune it out. 

Been wanting to check my brake pads for a while. The last servicing, the WS forgot to rotate my tyres. 

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

brake pad got squealing sound . normally  got 2 cases.

if it happen only in the morning when u drive out from cp. high chance its the rotor got a small layer of rust appear over night, a few min or braking and driving , the sound will go away.

a more normal case its the rotor worn already , the circumference of the rotor got a small edge , when the brake pad appy pressure on it, it touch the edge and got a eeeeeee sound. 

last time ws alway skim the rotor. but now oem rotor very cheap, no really worth it to skim anymore

in some cases, ws take out the brake pad and grind the 4 surrounding side off, so it wont touch the edge.

Thanks I never really thought about the brakes, since they just work. Last time at AD, the Service advisor say change i change. But since switching to the outside WS, they really like only u ask them to check, then they check. Lol like don't want to earn my money. [laugh] Only ask me about AC flush etc which i reject lol.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

But since switching to the outside WS, they really like only u ask them to check, then they check. Lol like don't want to earn my money. [laugh] Only ask me about AC flush etc which i reject lol.

good loh, those are the more honest type. these ws even if their is cost higher i stick with them.

rather then keep changing ws just for a few buks cheaper, but keep phycio u to change this and that . 

44 minutes ago, Beregond said:

good loh, those are the more honest type. these ws even if their is cost higher i stick with them.

rather then keep changing ws just for a few buks cheaper, but keep phycio u to change this and that . 

Problem is i dunno if honest or negligent [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Beregond said:

dun be surprise.

even with same chassis there are different design or size,

for example certain model jazz or fit, 

no way la. the chassis number will always always give the correct part, unless you mod the brakes. unless online shop got wrong info. but if you buy from local stockist 100% will get the correct part.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Once my WS got the pads for me, and didn't fit. I bought online from US instead and fit perfectly! 

Different life, different fate. :grin:

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Fitinparts database is somehow linked to LTA. I just need to type my VRN and their webby would link me to the car model and MY with all associated parts they have available for the car. 

Do be careful for where to select for parts pick up though as they have 2 warehouses. 

Thier kaki bukit warehouse is opp my office only, usually, I will just walk and collect. hahaha.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

buy online got a few danger.

for example same chassis pi and ad. front and rear brake different system. the size of the front brake pad could be different.

and esp buying from china , need check extra careful of right and left side

, cos they left hand drive, certain item that is link to the steering , u buy over could be different, for example steering hose or steering pump. the outlet for the hose could be on wrong side. 

Yah. there was once I bought the front dash carpet for my car dashboard, cuz my carpark is outdoor one, wanna protect the plastic from degrading.

I brought from taobao, in the end come left hand drive, I use it as my bathroom carpet. hahahhaa.

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
52 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

no way la. the chassis number will always always give the correct part, unless you mod the brakes. unless online shop got wrong info. but if you buy from local stockist 100% will get the correct part.

Yes, if you buy from stockist and provide them the correct chassis number - it is 99% certain to get correct part.

If you just tell them... 

"mine honda civic"

which year?

"2015"

then may get you wrong part because sometimes there are different but similar submodels with slightly different parts in the DB. 

Edited by t0y0ta
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thier kaki bukit warehouse is opp my office only, usually, I will just walk and collect. hahaha.

So good...But I thought you WFH liao 

Dislike going to kk side...no parking till rooftop...still have to find the stupiak cargo lift or stairs to get down to level 3...

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, mersaylee said:

So good...But I thought you WFH liao 

Dislike going to kk side...no parking till rooftop...still have to find the stupiak cargo lift or stairs to get down to level 3...

I still got go back office lah. hahhaa.

Okay leh. I take the passenger lift one. hahahaha.

9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I still got go back office lah. hahhaa.

Okay leh. I take the passenger lift one. hahahaha.

And where is that vital facility? It's macam tiananmen Square at the rooftop under the hot sun 😅 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

I give  u 1 example.

My lorry chassis is npr75xxxxxxxx.

The same lorry same chassis 

1 batch newer their clutch bearing is 5 cm higher.

Maybe the spare parts  supplier cannot  read thexxxx number behind. But  the general model is npr75.

U need physically take the parts to compare. 

↡ Advertisement