Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2020 at 11:45 AM, t0y0ta said:

Looks good in real-life?

I saw the new IS300 in white during the sneak peek at Borneo. Looks really good in the flesh. Now waiting to see the IS350 F-Sport in real life. 

Had a very short test drive in the non-FSport IS300, with the standard shock absorbers(not adaptive variable).

The way it handles speed bumps is astoundingly good, better than my AVS equipped GS450h. Also the way Lexus tuned the 2L turbo, I did not experience any turbo lag unlike the S60 T5 I also test drove.

One thing I am unhappy with my Lexus salesperson is that he did not allow me to drive 99 curves to better assess the handling and steering of the facelift 2021 Lexus IS. For that reason alone, if I do buy the new 2021 IS, I won't be buying through him.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Natnut said:

I saw the new IS300 in white during the sneak peek at Borneo. Looks really good in the flesh. Now waiting to see the IS350 F-Sport in real life. 

Had a very short test drive in the non-FSport IS300, with the standard shock absorbers(not adaptive variable).

The way it handles speed bumps is astoundingly good, better than my AVS equipped GS450h. Also the way Lexus tuned the 2L turbo, I did not experience any turbo lag unlike the S60 T5 I also test drove.

One thing I am unhappy with my Lexus salesperson is that he did not allow me to drive 99 curves to better assess the handling and steering of the facelift 2021 Lexus IS. For that reason alone, if I do buy the new 2021 IS, I won't be buying through him.

They have planned routes to follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some photos and a short video I took.

 

 

 

20201109_172622.jpg

20201109_172626.jpg

20201109_172632.jpg

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1st Gear (edited)

The exterior looks good,  but interior is quite dated and no full Digital Cluster for a S$190K+ car..

Edited by Htancl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th Gear (edited)

The power of 240bhp is about same as the 330i but 0-100km is 1 sec slower. A bit puzzling. 
Ya....for this pricing should have the digital cockpit.

Edited by Fat_slayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3rd Gear (edited)

Photos of my Silver test drive car, a standard non F-Sport IS300 with 18 inch rims. Can't wait to see the IS350 F-Sport with 19 inch F-Sport rims in real life.

20201109_180231.jpg

20201109_180211a.jpg

20201109_180218a.jpg

20201109_180205a.jpg

Edited by Natnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Natnut said:

Photos of my Silver test drive car, a standard non F-Sport IS300 with 18 inch rims. Can't wait to see the IS350 F-Sport with 19 inch F-Sport rims in real life.

 

20201109_180205a.jpg

 

Front and side view are very aggressive. the rear light stripe is nice but the shape of the boot where the logo sits just feel damn weird

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to take a look at the new IS about 2 weeks back, overall the car is lowered comparing with the previous model, hence the transmission tunnel is higher as well. The infotainment system should be using the same as the 2020 RX which comes with AC & AA , I believe the only good thing about the infotainment system is the inbuild map which is useful when in tunnels like KPE. The listed price was 197k or 198k (can't really remember), but the nett price for lexus model usually is deduct 20k-30k off listed price. With that pricing, there are lots of better choices in the market currently.

I saw that from sgcarmart the new IS 300 kerb weight is 2130kg?? Previous version is only 1630kg, should be a typo error in the new IS 300 , as I highly doubt it's possible for the new facelift model to be 500kg heavier since they are using the same engine. 

4.PNG.29680c6a09a9059fe86818f01d4c0d06.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
19 hours ago, Natnut said:

I saw the new IS300 in white during the sneak peek at Borneo. Looks really good in the flesh. Now waiting to see the IS350 F-Sport in real life. 

Had a very short test drive in the non-FSport IS300, with the standard shock absorbers(not adaptive variable).

The way it handles speed bumps is astoundingly good, better than my AVS equipped GS450h. Also the way Lexus tuned the 2L turbo, I did not experience any turbo lag unlike the S60 T5 I also test drove.

One thing I am unhappy with my Lexus salesperson is that he did not allow me to drive 99 curves to better assess the handling and steering of the facelift 2021 Lexus IS. For that reason alone, if I do buy the new 2021 IS, I won't be buying through him.

My SE (years ago) was looking for good route to show off power of the car, I was test-driving so I am surprised your SE is so rigid.

IS300 gets a 20k VES surcharge.

You may want to look at BMW 320i which may be better value for money since I think it does not get VES surcharge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
22 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

My SE (years ago) was looking for good route to show off power of the car, I was test-driving so I am surprised your SE is so rigid.

IS300 gets a 20k VES surcharge.

You may want to look at BMW 320i which may be better value for money since I think it does not get VES surcharge.

 

Things may have changed.  If deviate from the planned routes n kena accident,  who you think the management will go after ? People rice bowls are at stake here.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×