WhatsApp is forcing users to share data with Facebook, unless you're living in the EU

zipping

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If all your friends/business associate still in WhatsApp, how to switch?

I am thinking the same but, somebody has to be first, right? There is a reason we all ended up on WA in the first place. Pretty sure my customers and suppliers can find me on WeChat or TG if I am no longer on WA.

I only need to make sure immediate family are contactable, the rest can be done as-and-when.

The problem is, even I delete my WA account, my son/wife/friends/colleagues all have me as contacts which means I can be associated with all my son's friend/teacher contacts and my wife's friend/work contacts. Even I don't have a FB account, I know they have my profile stored as a "number" and I can be linked into the same spiders web network, connecting to my contact's contacts as I would be if I had an account - I only make sure they don't get anything from me directly and I stay a "number."

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I am thinking the same but, somebody has to be first, right? There is a reason we all ended up on WA in the first place. Pretty sure my customers and suppliers can find me on WeChat or TG if I am no longer on WA.

I only need to make sure immediate family are contactable, the rest can be done as-and-when.

The problem is, even I delete my WA account, my son/wife/friends/colleagues all have me as contacts which means I can be associated with all my son's friend/teacher contacts and my wife's friend/work contacts. Even I don't have a FB account, I know they have my profile stored as a "number" and I can be linked into the same spiders web network, connecting to my contact's contacts as I would be if I had an account - I only make sure they don't get anything from me directly and I stay a "number."

At least FB would not be able to analyze your phone traffic, IP, even battery usage to push adverts to you or your friends. Or sell the data to other 3rd parties.

The sad thing is, I still a very good Skype account that people seem to ignore.

As part of "Teams for Business" a lot don't even realise how good it still is and don't associate themselves with still using Skype. I would sooner use that, but nobody else does.

Now I think only old people use wa. Young ones using telegram. Same for fb. Young ones are using what ig, twitter, twitch... 

Anyway, this new agreement is sharing ur wa info to fb. Not the other way around. I think. 

I have a Telegram acc but I seldom use it. I see more and more of my contacts are joining as well. I will use more TG and ditch WA when the time comes.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Anyone here worried on the new terms for privacy for WhatsApp?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/whatsapp-new-privacy-terms-facebook-rules-explained-b1784469.html

The event that kicked off the changes are WhatsApp’s new terms, and a requirement that users commit to them. Users are, in the last couple of days, being asked to assent to those changes – for now they can choose to leave it until later, but eventually users will no longer be able to keep using the app unless they assent to the new rules.

Those new rules include a summary of how WhatsApp will share information with Facebook, and how any shared information might be used.

I dont think it will be any different for other chat groups.

There's no such thing as privacy. If they are ordered by world leaders to stop like eg.terrorism from happening they will have to collect your info.

How do you think our wan enforce the "possession of explosive blueprint" law w/o invading your privacy?

If you really want privacy it will be writing the message on a piece of paper and strapping it to a trained pigeon. 🤣

1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

I dont think it will be any different for other chat groups.

There's no such thing as privacy. If they are ordered by world leaders to stop like eg.terrorism from happening they will have to collect your info.

How do you think our wan enforce the "possession of explosive blueprint" law w/o invading your privacy?

If you really want privacy it will be writing the message on a piece of paper and strapping it to a trained pigeon. 🤣

there is actually nothing to complain about lol.

when we tick agree to their term of use, we accept all their conditions already .

beside all the personal info in FB, its we choose to input in,  my FB  acc other then my old email acc, and my name , almost is totally empty.

scare privacy leak, then dun input those data

• Praise 1

I don't see why I should give Zuckerberg information to collate and monetise without giving me any back.

If he wants to make money from me, he'll have to work dammed harder for it.

So everyone is very afraid of privacy data law and eavesdropping but are not too concerned about posting travel destination or birthdays patty’s that you attended n posting on IG and Facebook?

If WhatsApp can run a data analysis of what I frequent and eat and magically push information to me that the wet market or hawker center is close today and suggest for me to go to other nearby food n try some of the other hawkers that are open during the early hours, that would be awesome.. or am thinking that it’s only skimping data one way n selling to another for financial gains only?

Edited by Sdf4786k

18 minutes ago, Beregond said:

there is actually nothing to complain about lol.

when we tick agree to their term of use, we accept all their conditions already .

beside all the personal info in FB, its we choose to input in,  my FB  acc other then my old email acc, and my name , almost is totally empty.

scare privacy leak, then dun input those data

Yeah. I also dont do social media. My FB account is there to play games and for logging into public wifi. No pictures, no personal info and no links to friends.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2