WhatsApp is forcing users to share data with Facebook, unless you're living in the EU

zipping

14 minutes ago, ALTK said:

:a-confused:

IMG-20210112-WA0009.jpg

This is unless he typed message saying he want to divorce his wife. If he never typed divorce, then Facebook will not know and will show other ads that he typed on Facebook. 

On 1/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Ididbobe said:

If you want to know the facts :- 

WA FAQ

image.png

Oh.. So the recent update is actually targeting business la. So as normal WhatsApp message will remain the same no change. 

10 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Oh.. So the recent update is actually targeting business la. So as normal WhatsApp message will remain the same no change. 

FB is targeting YOU and everyone else. 

I may quit WA and see if I can survive without it. Already installed Telegram and Signal and started using. 

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

FB is targeting YOU and everyone else. 

I may quit WA and see if I can survive without it. Already installed Telegram and Signal and started using. 

To each individual ba. Want to collect information collect lor. Coz I am just a very small ikan bilis and if information collected can help me organised the ad in the way that what I wanted to look for or what and appear in Facebook, I don't mind actually. That's just me, so to each individual. 

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:08 AM, Yewheng said:

To each individual ba. Want to collect information collect lor. Coz I am just a very small ikan bilis and if information collected can help me organised the ad in the way that what I wanted to look for or what and appear in Facebook, I don't mind actually. That's just me, so to each individual. 

Nothing is free. It costs money to operate WhatsApp. They should let users opt for (i) a subscription model ($2 a year, for example) or (ii) an advertising model (free but without PDPA protection).

I am happy I am getting less nonsensical calls / emails these days after putting myself on DNC list. Imagine a world without an "unsubscribe" button.

44 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Nothing is free. It costs money to operate WhatsApp. They should let users opt for (i) a subscription model ($2 a year, for example) or (ii) an advertising model (free but without PDPA protection).

I am happy I am getting less nonsensical calls / emails these days after putting myself on DNC list. Imagine a world without an "unsubscribe" button.

There is, like YouTube has subscriptions based that if you pay money for subscriptions, you will not receive any ads. Those who watch it for free have nothing to complaint about when the ads show on the YouTube video. 

Facebook is also showing ads, will wastapp go into subscription based in future? I not working there, so don't know, let's wait and see.. 

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:08 AM, Yewheng said:

same same lol.

my fb account friend 10 years also never add a single 1.

all is video from reckless cyclist and reckless driver and  politics.

my email for fb is a msn email, ( u can imagine how long ago is that )

it contain nothing about me expect  my name. whatever shit they want collect, collect loh

i will still be using watapps, need it for job,

but i certainly not going to do stuff like take photo of me visiting geylang ( for makan ) and post it in watapps group to share, stuff like that 🤣

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Staff69 said:

The damage is done. Some like me will use other messengers as much as possible. 

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

The damage is done. Some like me will use other messengers as much as possible. 

had a damn hard time trying to block pesky property agents from spamming my phone with properties advertisements and etc, which is how DNC came about 

now WhatsApp is trying the same thing by forcing advertisements to me again 

inbound4278792404602150549.thumb.jpg.e4cc231af8744adcd640f754442a389b.jpg

$$$$$this would circumvent the DNC function as you willingly allow whatsapp to flood you with advertisement $$$$$

what if,  some bros keep on getting such advertisements from whatsapp,    how to sexplain to spouse🤣

audio video magazine is it 

inbound2932350149084820385.jpg.05ef161e6f99601b1a6f2208b300fd1e.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

There is, like YouTube has subscriptions based that if you pay money for subscriptions, you will not receive any ads. Those who watch it for free have nothing to complaint about when the ads show on the YouTube video. 

Facebook is also showing ads, will wastapp go into subscription based in future? I not working there, so don't know, let's wait and see.. 

Whatsapp started with a subscription model plan (after achieving network effect) but FB's revenue are from advertisement. 

But with so many free messenger service and the entitlement mentality of most people, the subscription model is not likely to work. Need to monetize data to make money and cover cost.

If you are somebody, your competitors/ enemies will definitely pay a lot of $$$ to access your chats. Will your chat log be sent to NSA or Beijing with just a call? Likely, so I don't know what LHL and our cabinet use to communicate. Lol

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Whatsapp started with a subscription model plan (after achieving network effect) but FB's revenue are from advertisement. 

But with so many free messenger service and the entitlement mentality of most people, the subscription model is not likely to work. Need to monetize data to make money and cover cost.

If you are somebody, your competitors/ enemies will definitely pay a lot of $$$ to access your chats. Will your chat log be sent to NSA or Beijing with just a call? Likely, so I don't know what LHL and our cabinet use to communicate. Lol

2019113020_e8775551e8eb435482de537a75f0d

• Haha! 2

Messaging app Signal experiencing technical difficulties

REUTERS: Messaging app Signal said on Friday it was experiencing technical difficulties and working to restore the service.

Signal has seen a rise in downloads following a controversial change in rival messaging app WhatsApp's privacy terms, which required WhatsApp users to share their data with both Facebook Inc and Instagram.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/messaging-app-signal-experiencing-technical-difficulties-13969456

Signal tio jam. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

I have been typing I am a lesbian all day on WA

so when can I expect FB to recommend good looking

young lesbians as my new friends?

I have been waiting all day and still nothing yet.

:grin:

Especially ones that do ballet?

And clean shaven.

image.png.3d820814d115fe3e8d87cf9d0382e551.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3