The CUPRA Formentor is coming to Sg

StreetFight3r

762272808_CupraFormentor.thumb.jpg.57184671f7bb13f28a7a87bbc1ba0549.jpg

cupra-formentor-vz-is-a-spanish-trick-to-have-you-book-the-suv-145809_1.thumb.jpg.1085918af62884ebb92851b4a1766d30.jpg

CUPRA-Formentor-6777_8.thumb.jpg.76553940f74f140bad0861574cc8c0f8.jpg

Looks beautiful but the name is a handful... 2nd model under the CUPRA brand

https://www.cupraofficial.sg/cars/cupra-range/formentor/overview.html

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/cupra/formentor

Not a Seat. Not now, not ever. The Formentor will only ever be badged as a Cupra, Seat’s sporty and electrified off-shoot marque. So, if you thought all Cupras were just rebadged Seats, this hunkered-down ‘coupe-SUV’ just trampled all over your argument.

Obviously, it’s not a completely bespoke machine from the ground up. That’s not how the Volkswagen Group set about taking over Planet Car. Under its crisply creased skin, the Formentor is based on the same raw ingredients as the well-rounded Seat Ateca, or for that matter the VW Golf: same basic chassis, shared gearboxes, and the latest touchscreen infotainment centre from the brand-new (and pretty excellent) Leon hatchback.

However, to give the Formentor a butch stance, it’s longer and lower than the school run-spec Ateca. In the metal it’s a handsome beast, prompting one Top Gear staffer to wonder aloud how Cupra has been allowed to sneak out a design that’s so much better resolved than Lamborghini’s Urus. In this class, looks sell, and that’ll help the Cupra find a footing. And to help with the pedigree, for the time being the only engine options are pure hot hatch fodder.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

TS you omitted some cute specs - 306bph and 4.9s to 100kmh. Being part of VW (with a tendency to report a slower acceleration figure), some reviewers tested the 0-100kmh at only 4.7s.

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

TS you omitted some cute specs - 306bph and 4.9s to 100kmh. Being part of VW (with a tendency to report a slower acceleration figure), some reviewers tested the 0-100kmh at only 4.7s.

The price should be quite “cute” too. Haha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

The price should be quite “cute” too. Haha.

I thought the Cupra family of cars are relatively competitively-priced given their performance. 

51 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I thought the Cupra family of cars are relatively competitively-priced given their performance. 

Yes it may be competitively priced, but because we live in a land where over 90% of car-equipped households only owns 1 car + pricing of cars here r the cutest in the world 😆, cars like this will find it a challenge to sell even if they are competitively priced vs performance.

Most customers tend to put their money on higher priority things such as comfort, space, fuel efficiency, reliability, branding etc. 

Edited by Rickster

50 minutes ago, Contipro said:

because no body appreciate it.. with that price all go for big brand.. 

just like Hyundai i30N,  dead in sg... 

Spot on!

14 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Yes it may be competitively priced, but because we live in a land where over 90% of car-equipped households only owns 1 car + pricing of cars here r the cutest in the world 😆, cars like this will find it a challenge to sell even if they are competitively priced vs performance.

Most customers tend to put their money on higher priority things such as comfort, space, fuel efficiency, reliability, branding etc. 

This is true unless the Cupra is their 4th or 5th car after getting sick of other makes.

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not many will know about the Cupra badge.

Ppl will think it's either a Hyundai or an MG.

The Cupra Ateca looks similar but got ppl buy or not?   https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1598

Haha, why MG? Isn't MG just as new (read: obscure, unknown) in SG?

Anyway i think this Formentor reminds me a lot of my Q30.

Edited by Kar_lover

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

#1 priority in singapore

• Haha! 4

At $200K range, local brand whores will rather spend on a Merc/BMW that's not much faster than a Toyota. I feel this is not a money-making venture for Vertex (at least not for now) so its more for longer term marketing to build up the branding.

Wow I spend more than 200k on my mercs or bmw also can be called a brand whore. You mean I can’t prioritize comfort and other stuff over need for speed meh.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not many will know about the Cupra badge.

Ppl will think it's either a Hyundai or an MG.

The Cupra Ateca looks similar but got ppl buy or not?   https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1598

The Cupra Ateca is actually a 'value buy' coz one is getting a Golf R at 20k cheaper

But on the other hand, it looks like a 1.4 Ateca so kinda difficult to swallow the 190k pricetag 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Contipro said:

because no body appreciate it.. with that price all go for big brand.. 

just like Hyundai i30N,  dead in sg... 

The i30n was neither here or there but with DSG now available, that’s going to change if they relaunch it at sane friendship price 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1