The CUPRA Formentor is coming to Sg

StreetFight3r

37 minutes ago, Soya said:

The Cupra Ateca is actually a 'value buy' coz one is getting a Golf R at 20k cheaper

But on the other hand, it looks like a 1.4 Ateca so kinda difficult to swallow the 190k pricetag 

But goes faster than a Tiguan R

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not many will know about the Cupra badge.

Ppl will think it's either a Hyundai or an MG.

The Cupra Ateca looks similar but got ppl buy or not?   https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1598

For similar prices with 100 bhp different in performance but paying the same road tax at a second hand market is this 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=953102

i will take Q3 ... i am a brand whore

just like Cupra Leon vs Golf GTi from pricing perspective (not performance)

the answer is ask quite clear

Edited by Wt_know

Mercedes/BMW can take an Attrage and call it A130 or 310i, people will buy them by the thousands and mind f**k themselves that they got the fastest, most comfortable, most reliable and most fuel efficient car ever. Cupra offers a car with near to AMG/Msport lvls of power and plenty of kit and people still can find things to criticise. People get the car they deserve. I see increasing numbers of MG HS on the roads so I haven't given up hope that there are still people out there that can discern value

Edited by Ganwb79
  • Haha! 2

Aiya it's your hard-earned money just spend on what you like. Why do you care about others' opinion on how you spend $200k. It's all about how you feel when you take delivery of the car at the handover room that matters.

• Praise 6

47 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

Mercedes/BMW can take an Attrage and call it A130 or 310i, people will buy them by the thousands and mind f**k themselves that they got the fastest, most comfortable, most reliable and most fuel efficient car ever. Cupra offers a car with near to AMG/Msport lvls of power and plenty of kit and people still can find things to criticise. People get the car they deserve. I see increasing numbers of MG HS on the roads so I haven't given up hope that there are still people out there that can discern value

image.png.adfb7a4a3f87936bf534b73954ea461f.png

• Haha! 2

Are the parts using the same code as those in the VAG group?

If yes, you are in luck. If no? That's the thing about badge. It may not be as straight forward as just "engineering" the badge.

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Are the parts using the same code as those in the VAG group?

If yes, you are in luck. If no? That's the thing about badge. It may not be as straight forward as just "engineering" the badge.

vw, skoda, seat, cupra, audi (entry level), etc

i believe the parts come from the same mother VW

for cupra and audi may be “tune up” and give a different name with atas flavour

skoda and seat take vw parts lock stock barrel either same or different part no 

the best part is the chasis or MQB platform can be shared across all brands [thumbsup] like a central kitchen ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Weez911 said:

TS you omitted some cute specs - 306bph and 4.9s to 100kmh. Being part of VW (with a tendency to report a slower acceleration figure), some reviewers tested the 0-100kmh at only 4.7s.

oh sorry i left out the specs cuz not sure if sg spec will be same 

thanks for mentioning

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Haha, why MG? Isn't MG just as new (read: obscure, unknown) in SG?

Anyway i think this Formentor reminds me a lot of my Q30.

recently keep spotting MG on the road

almost everyday

the MG HS

anybody else noticed the growing MG presence lately?

15 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The i30n was neither here or there but with DSG now available, that’s going to change if they relaunch it at sane friendship price 

heard its only coming maybe end of the year?

thats a long way to go

wonder if theyre bringing the dsg in

13 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Even Lambo and Bentley use some parts from VW also. Not too sure about Bugatti but I won't be surprised since they are the same group.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

recently keep spotting MG on the road

almost everyday

the MG HS

anybody else noticed the growing MG presence lately?

Ya, there are 300 of us running around lol...but sales has slowed lately due to rising COE making it not that cheap anymore....

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

200k to 210 ah my guess?

current cupra ateca alr 190 range

In other countries there will be lower versions including a hybrid version. Not sure how many versions Vertex will bring in. But if 200k then difficult la. They need to position it as Golf GTI price for Golf R performance.

14 hours ago, Wt_know said:

for cupra and audi may be “tune up” and give a different name with atas flavour

skoda and seat take vw parts lock stock barrel either same or different part no 

the best part is the chasis or MQB platform can be shared across all brands [thumbsup] like a central kitchen ... huat ah!

from a high level overview audi A4 and passat and Skoda superb looks to be the same 2.0T

From a detail analysis the Audi is a longitudinal engine config so the drive is slightly different and the amount of alu use is also very different.

From a GTi and VRS prospective, it looks to be the same, Except the GTi is both port and MPI injection .

So at the thai would say.. same same but different..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1