The CUPRA Formentor is coming to Sg

StreetFight3r

49 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Even Lambo and Bentley use some parts from VW also. Not too sure about Bugatti but I won't be surprised since they are the same group.

Audi R8 basically is a "cheaper" Lambo? lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

Haha and A7 is a Panamera. The lines are very blurred in VW.

911 is kinda unique though because the flat 6 engine is behind.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

48 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Ya, there are 300 of us running around lol...but sales has slowed lately due to rising COE making it not that cheap anymore....

nice car bro

saw one red one turn into my carpark this morning

hows the drive so far and build quality?

1 minute ago, StreetFight3r said:

nice car bro

saw one red one turn into my carpark this morning

hows the drive so far and build quality?

Drive is good, DCT needs some getting used to. Some occasional gremlins with the electronics here and there but no major issues so far among the 180 of us in the chat group. No issue on build quality either. There are a few owners who downgraded from GLC to HS.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Lol... then Skoda or Seat as they are basically same same as VW (they share significant parts and even platforms) at a cheaper price tag 😁 Why buy VW?

Edited by Rickster

Badge and perceived higher quality

the new seat and skoda really give vw a run for their money

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

11 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

200k to 210 ah my guess?

current cupra ateca alr 190 range

Isn't formento smaller than the ateca? 

since both have similar spec. 

There's also the 400BHP one using the Audi's 5 cylinder 2.5L engine! 

Edited by Lchong

10 hours ago, Rickster said:

Lol... then Skoda or Seat as they are basically same same as VW (they share significant parts and even platforms) at a cheaper price tag 😁 Why buy VW?

I believe the luxury level is different. For example, Dakota, Vernasca, Nappa and Merino leather all command different price points. 

Then we have the touch points of the interior, soft touch plastic vs hard plastic vs fake leather vs full leather.

And the quality of the sound system, entertainment system, instrument panel, steering wheel, electric vs manual seat adjustment, etc.

I remember the door of my previous Jetta can only open at a weird angle, and my service rep told me Audi door can open at more natural angle and wider. I guess it is all engineered that way purposely.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

seat leon and skoda octavia

vw golf & jetta

audi a3 and a4

at every level ... VAG got you covered

bao jiak ... [laugh]  [thumbsup]  

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

Buy "Cold Door" car...you will to finger cross if it ever needs major repair...also the cut throat resale value...think properly before you sign the dotted line 😅

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Dxyong said:

Buy "Cold Door" car...you will to finger cross if it ever needs major repair...also the cut throat resale value...think properly before you sign the dotted line 😅

Every car when resale also drop till ls one

• Haha! 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, Jellandross said:

At $200K range, local brand whores will rather spend on a Merc/BMW that's not much faster than a Toyota. I feel this is not a money-making venture for Vertex (at least not for now) so its more for longer term marketing to build up the branding.

Does it mean that more  people in this thread will buy Vertex? In fact not just SGPrean are brand conscious , many of my colleagues in other countries like Malaysia, Australia, Indo are also brand whores because they drive Merce and BM. In Australia they can even afford AMG and M more easily because their vehicle  tax are lower. Just that in those country the branding may not be so obvious because every car owning household has more than one car, other than a luxury car,   they also have one or two other B&B cars at home. Moreover, many of the lower income folks there also own cars,  but they can only afford cheap cars, as a result, it becomes more difficult for the luxury  brands to dominate the market. In SGP, cars are so expensive,  if there is only one car a person could buy, he will prioritize by branding for sure. There is nothing wrong with buying  brands. 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

Audi rs6 is the cheapest family Lambo 

a debadged RS4 and RS6 is police perfect "ambush" car .... LOL

Edited by Wt_know

11 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I believe the luxury level is different. For example, Dakota, Vernasca, Nappa and Merino leather all command different price points. 

Then we have the touch points of the interior, soft touch plastic vs hard plastic vs fake leather vs full leather.

And the quality of the sound system, entertainment system, instrument panel, steering wheel, electric vs manual seat adjustment, etc.

I remember the door of my previous Jetta can only open at a weird angle, and my service rep told me Audi door can open at more natural angle and wider. I guess it is all engineered that way purposely.

No doubt about what u said. My previous comment was meant to be sarcastic 😆

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Dxyong said:

I owned a Citroen DS4 before. Besides resale value thing, there r not many competent 3rd party workshops in Singapore.

11 hours ago, Dxyong said:

a few types of people will buy cold door car. Those who are very rich, money and depre are not a problem, another type is die die must be cold door car but do not mind the pain of devaluation, another type is no money, buy cold door car like geely😄

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Weez911 said:

On a side note, the interior for the new Hyundai avante has improved leaps n bound.. just need to catch up on the display dash board pieces and it would be very Audi like 👍🏾 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1