eAngBao preferable for this CNY

Atonchia

4 hours ago, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/singaporeans-encouraged-to-give-e-hong-baos-this-chinese-new-year-as-safer

So if kids like toddler need to buy them a phone too? 

If not how to Paylah or PayNow? 

Then keep handphone below pillow hah? 🤔

Banks really don't understand the real significance of Ang Bao... they only see money. 

I See Red already...... 😡 

Pump petrol if want to give attendant still need to ask mobile number hah? 

From 5 seconds need to go up to 2 mins.... 

Waiting for my Ang Pow

8869D018-A94D-4EE8-85E9-055E7F870733.thumb.jpeg.c461fe6aef6376a288ef208567fa63b8.jpeg

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

China has been using it for some times already

I still give Ang pow to my ex-colleagues in Group Wechat

Please read 7-8 post above your one.

No offence,  but I don't feel like repeating my comments again regarding the China comparison

Edited by Icedbs

(edited)
3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

actually e-angbao is sibei popular in PRC 

a country with 1 billion celebrating CNY wor

China lost a generation with their cultural revolution. 

Their definition of material stuff and $$$$ out weighs culture. 

Cannot imagine people willing to sell kidney for an iPhone. 

Roll over an injured pedestrian to ensure he is dead... so no need to compensate him for life. 

What is popular may not be right..... 

Their last few generation has been through so much hardship....when the country prospers and gain higher GDP, they value $$$$ more than anything else..... 

Not saying tech is bad..... 

But how to give kids? 

Meant have to give through parents...... So to these kids, CNY or for neutral sake LNY is no longer welcoming the turn of spring and chasing away the "bad" or negative experience the year before. 

Or reset of mind, a positive reinforcement for a new year. 

The meaning is Not transfer of $$$$ lor😅😅

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Im actually in for this. But mainly for those young adults & teenagers who already have their own bank account. Little kids i will still give physical ang bao. 

On contrary, my colleagues from China give e red packets (for cny, not just transferring money) not because of distance; they only transfer when they see them in person. The main part reason is they have transited to mainly a cashless transaction country. Having cash on hand is more troublesome.  

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

On contrary, my colleagues from China give e red packets (for cny, not just transferring money) not because of distance; they only transfer when they see them in person. The main part reason is they have transited to mainly a cashless transaction country. Having cash on hand is more troublesome.  

yes, it's a 1-way traffic ... no turnaround

i am very dead sure spore and all countries around the world will be there ... cashless ... sooner or later ... we are just later

if you use cash (bank note) must charge extra commission to handle bank note :D 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes, it's a 1-way traffic ... no turnaround

i am very dead sure spore and all countries around the world will be there ... cashless ... sooner or later ... we are just later

if you use cash (bank note) must charge extra commission to handle bank note :D 

Thanks to COVID19, we are 50% there.

The main push factor for wechat wallet was Tencent give AngPow in 2015 (if give e-angpow)

• Praise 1

covid period cannot visit in big group, last time we usually all meet at one relatives and exchange ang bao, now have to go by batches in different day hence no chance to meet. 

For those regular relatives we will still give either physical or via eAngBao if no chance to meet. But can save on the other extra like friends or unknown guest in the relatives place who we will still give in the past.

• Praise 2

i think with closed relatives that u visit every year its ok to give e angbao since we already have their number

thats what i intend to do

ill just give physical angbaos for the miscellaneous ones 

this case i dont need draw out so much from bank

also since covid ive stopped using cash and pay most transaction by card (paywave is the most convenient) or make my purchases online

the lesser cash i have to come into contact with the better

better to be safe than sorry

the article encourage you to use e-angbao but doesnt mean die die cannot use physical angbao

we will still exercise flexibility ma

Edited by StreetFight3r
  • Praise 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jman888 said:

covid period cannot visit in big group, last time we usually all meet at one relatives and exchange ang bao, now have to go by batches in different day hence no chance to meet. 

For those regular relatives we will still give either physical or via eAngBao if no chance to meet. But can save on the other extra like friends or unknown guest in the relatives place who we will still give in the past.

ya i think e angbao is something useful i will adopt

• Praise 2

On 1/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/singaporeans-encouraged-to-give-e-hong-baos-this-chinese-new-year-as-safer

So if kids like toddler need to buy them a phone too? 

If not how to Paylah or PayNow? 

Then keep handphone below pillow hah? 🤔

Banks really don't understand the real significance of Ang Bao... they only see money. 

I See Red already...... 😡 

Pump petrol if want to give attendant still need to ask mobile number hah? 

From 5 seconds need to go up to 2 mins.... 

I agree with you too. Giving red packet physically is a tradition which I hope the next generation can continue to practice. I cannot imagine the day where future generation stays at during CNY and waiting for money to be credited. 

• Praise 1

Hmmmmmm ............  [sly]

Like that, this year, those queing at banks for "Ang Pow" envelopes will instead be given e-envelops with the banks logo. Key in the amount into the e-envelop and send .... [rolleyes]

But first of all, one must be an account holder with the bank to queue for the e-envelope.  :we-all-gonna-die:

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 8:06 AM, Stratovarius said:

Im actually in for this. But mainly for those young adults & teenagers who already have their own bank account. Little kids i will still give physical ang bao. 

Tried once with PayLar QR code payment, too many steps to take to process before 'click' pay...  :slow:

First, unlock the HP, then touch screen on PayLar, scan your face id, cannot read due to forget to take out 'mask', have to key in all the steps to activate Paylar, key in amount, click submit, see the "paper plane" fly across the screen ....:=B:

See those China payment with HP to HP very fast. :we-all-gonna-die: 

48 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Tried once with PayLar QR code payment, too many steps to take to process before 'click' pay...  :slow:

First, unlock the HP, then touch screen on PayLar, scan your face id, cannot read due to forget to take out 'mask', have to key in all the steps to activate Paylar, key in amount, click submit, see the "paper plane" fly across the screen ....:=B:

See those China payment with HP to HP very fast. :we-all-gonna-die: 

Nowadays ppl want to Siam WhatsApp. You still expect WhatsApp to have a e-wallet?

If so mafan, you can always use Grabpay.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/msian-man-says-sporean-girlfriend-complained-about-10-hongbao-his-parents

M’sian man says S’porean girlfriend complained about $10 hongbao from his parents……….. paging @inlinesix

Let see. She had to packed and traveled all the way to JB. Probably need to bunk up with his BF for a few nights in a room. 

I would top up another RM 100 (tips) I f I was her "boyfriend".

today is Friday! Nonsense times. 😁

Edited by Kopites

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

RM$10 hongbao ah? Furthermore was from her future in-laws, no wonder she got so upset. Lol.

aiyah ! SGD10/- lah  🙂 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1