NEW 3 Door Double Decker Buses OTR soon

Didu

Supercharged

This design will encourage commuters to move to the rear. [thumbsup]

LTA to begin rolling out three-door double-deck buses in January

These buses have a second staircase as well as an additional exit door at the rear, features aimed at improving the flow of commuters.   

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-to-begin-rolling-out-three-door-double-deck-buses-in-january-13937108

three-door-bus.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Didu said:

This design will encourage commuters to move to the rear. [thumbsup]

LTA to begin rolling out three-door double-deck buses in January

These buses have a second staircase as well as an additional exit door at the rear, features aimed at improving the flow of commuters.   

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-to-begin-rolling-out-three-door-double-deck-buses-in-january-13937108

three-door-bus.jpg

Pwah the drivers ... gotta take srs orientation of road man

I think seating capacity is a compromise. But with this improvement the passenger flow is also improved. Less time wasted for more passengers to get off and more to get on board. Bus captain also dont have to come down and get ppl to move towards the back. Actually the bus journey will be shortened. It beats over seating capacity and ppl will spend less time standing.

But then again bus fare will surely go up. Haha....no free lunch. 

• Praise 1

Number of door not an issue, is the number of buay zhi tong people that's an issue. Self entitled Karens Kelvins aplenty in the morning rush hours. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

While they are at it, they should have installed a conveyer belt to "help" passengers move to the back. 

Driver no need to come down, just press the red button! 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Not really convinced with LTA’s assessment. IMHO, they forever CMI. 

This one i agreed, LTA forever cmi, an useless organization.

Anyway, never see this 3 door double decker ever on the road before even they were on trials on the road back in 2017/18?! No matter the bus comes with how many doors, it is still a good move that they bring in more double decker, as it is much more practical than a single deck, esp double decker should be able to runs on most of our road, by right they should used double decker as default regardless if the bus route is high demand or not.

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Number of door not an issue, is the number of buay zhi tong people that's an issue. Self entitled Karens Kelvins aplenty in the morning rush hours. 

Ya lo, no use having how many doors if people dont want to move to the rear or stand at the door blocking people. You see MRT train have so many doors still can find many people dont want to move to the centre and stand at the door. Lol.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This one i agreed, LTA forever cmi, an useless organization.

Anyway, never see this 3 door double decker ever on the road before even they were on trials on the road back in 2017/18?! No matter the bus comes with how many doors, it is still a good move that they bring in more double decker, as it is much more practical than a single deck, esp double decker should be able to runs on most of our road, by right they should used double decker as default regardless if the bus route is high demand or not.

There should be a balance what bus to use.

Not forgetting that LTA pays more than what it receives (bus fare).

Otherwise ignorant ppl will kpkb about increasing bus fare

Just now, inlinesix said:

There should be a balance what bus to use.

Not forgetting that LTA pays more than what it receives (bus fare).

Otherwise ignorant ppl will kpkb about increasing bus fare

I never able to understand what it meant by a balance what bus to use? Lol. To me as a commuter, i only find double decker is more practical.

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

I never able to understand what it meant by a balance what bus to use? Lol. To me as a commuter, i only find double decker is more practical.

If double decker is in every service, LTA lost till pants drop 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

They need to take very long to get rid of their diesel bus before they can achieve 100 per cent cleaner energy bus fleet?

I think hybrid diesel is the best solution for buses for now. I dun think they will go all-electric. The bus interchange will have to cater to the charging facilities. I think they will use diesel-hybird to cut down the emission and until hydrogen vehicle is popularized, they can adopt hydrogen vehicle.

For passenger car, I think an electric car is the way to go.

For buses and truck, I still think hydrogen will be the leader for this industry, like how diesel is popularize.

• Praise 1

I long long time no take bus already. But what I remember for double decker, after the middle door not a lot of space for standing jn the rear.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2