NEW 3 Door Double Decker Buses OTR soon

Didu

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How was the first aircon bus looks like back then for single deck and double deck ah?

They were retrofitted. Windows closed and AC installed. Bus fare increased by 25cents for aircon bus. My mum always insisted on waiting for the non-aircon ones.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
On 1/13/2021 at 7:31 PM, 13177 said:

How was the first aircon bus looks like back then for single deck and double deck ah?

Purposely display "AIRCON" some more.  [laugh]

537f34bc5e995.png

"First SBS Air conditioned Bus Service: Bus 168  The first air-con bus service to be introduced in Singapore by SBS, was the refurbished Mercedes Benz OF 1413 buses from SABS for Service 168 at AMK Interchange to Orchard Road. The first ever air-conditioned buses in Singapore were the Isuzu BR351P buses purchased by STC in 1962, and two of them were air conditioned." 

https://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/singapore/local_guide/1417/12_things_you_didnt_know_about_our_singapore_buses_.php

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Didu said:

537f34bc5e995.png

"First SBS Air conditioned Bus Service: Bus 168  The first air-con bus service to be introduced in Singapore by SBS, was the refurbished Mercedes Benz OF 1413 buses from SABS for Service 168 at AMK Interchange to Orchard Road. The first ever air-conditioned buses in Singapore were the Isuzu BR351P buses purchased by STC in 1962, and two of them were air conditioned." 

https://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/singapore/local_guide/1417/12_things_you_didnt_know_about_our_singapore_buses_.php

This aircon bus looks like a tourist bus?! Lol. Anyone took this bus before? I guess inside must feel quite comfy? 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This aircon bus looks like a tourist bus?! Lol. Anyone took this bus before? I guess inside must feel quite comfy? 

Took before during my primary school days. The seats were dark blue velvet seats and absorbed my sweaty school uniform.

• Haha! 4

On 13/01/2021 at 1:53 PM, inlinesix said:

Nowadays, I use Google Map to tell me which bus to take.

It could even indicate the next arrival time.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Didu said:

537f34bc5e995.png

That time I purposely go AMK took the 168 aircon bus for a loop trip to Orchard and back.

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This was using a 2nd hand tourist bus modified.  

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Took before during my primary school days. The seats were dark blue velvet seats and absorbed my sweaty school uniform.

I remember last time aircon buses, their seats are fabric type de, which absorbed sweat and odour of the passenger. 😅

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

That time I purposely go AMK took the 168 aircon bus for a loop trip to Orchard and back.

During that era with a mixed of aircon and non aircon buses, and new and old type of buses. I always purposely go take aircon buses or wait for the newer buses to come. 😂

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Raubern said:

Pics of the ADL 3 door bus. The ADL has no steps at the 3rd exit

140044981_2907358346164571_2885416734833

Thought they target to have no steps on all their buses, how come they still buy this MAN A95 bus which have steps at the 3rd door? 🤦‍♂

On 1/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, 13177 said:

ME!! took it many times to school in 1987/88. bus fare was the bus card plus another 20cents top up in cash if i was not wrong. the seats like adrianli said, was sweaty. and cushion foam collapsed. the TIBS nissan aircon version 851, which appeared later on  was better

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

ME!! took it many times to school in 1987/88. bus fare was the bus card plus another 20cents top up in cash if i was not wrong. the seats like adrianli said, was sweaty. and cushion foam collapsed. the TIBS nissan aircon version 851, which appeared later on  was better

I remember TIBS aircon buses all were using fabric seats. But somehow i find their aircon bus was more comfy than SBS aircon bus.

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I remember TIBS aircon buses all were using fabric seats. But somehow i find their aircon bus was more comfy than SBS aircon bus.

TIBS Nissan and Hino bus suspension were very soft. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Back then i like to ride in TIBS buses than SBS buses.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

U31s.jpg

SMRT-Nissan-Diesel-U31RCN-Interiors-1-30

Reminds me of my school days.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3