NEW 3 Door Double Decker Buses OTR soon

Didu

Just now, Tohto said:

I long long time no take bus already. But what I remember for double decker, after the middle door not a lot of space for standing jn the rear.

Only central walkway

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Didu said:

This design will encourage commuters to move to the rear. [thumbsup]

LTA to begin rolling out three-door double-deck buses in January

These buses have a second staircase as well as an additional exit door at the rear, features aimed at improving the flow of commuters.   

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-to-begin-rolling-out-three-door-double-deck-buses-in-january-13937108

three-door-bus.jpg

By looking at the design of long overhand at the rear, i can imagine people sitting on the last row of upper floor  start vomitting. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 3

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If double decker is in every service, LTA lost till pants drop 

No wonder there are still so many single decker.  

21 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I long long time no take bus already. But what I remember for double decker, after the middle door not a lot of space for standing jn the rear.

Actually there is not much space for standing in the rear for buses now, whether it is single deck or double deck. So also cannot blame people for not moving to the back. Cause when you stand at the rear, the space is so tight and narrow, and when people want to alight from their seat, you also dont know can move to where in a jam packed bus.

Just now, 13177 said:

Actually there is not much space for standing in the rear for buses now, whether it is single deck or double deck. So also cannot blame people for not moving to the back. Cause when you stand at the rear, the space is so tight and narrow, and when people want to alight from their seat, you also dont know can move to where in a jam packed bus.

That is my point. I remember for double deck long time ago afrer the middle door already impossible to stand back against back.

Obviously all the scholars at LTA don't take bus. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

That is my point. I remember for double deck long time ago afrer the middle door already impossible to stand back against back.

Obviously all the scholars at LTA don't take bus. 

Obviously and confirmed scholars dont take public transport, they earn big bucks, no need to take public transport de. Lol. I dont know when such tight and narrow at the back design of the bus started? But nowadays if you are jam packed in a bus, really quite frustrated if you stand at the back when people are alighting from the bus. Really rubbing onto each other just to give way to each other. [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

You can tell current design is different from the one featured in 2017(below clip).

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

China already a lot of new bus are full electric, what is hybrid.

china got land space mah. singapore bo lah. every sqft is precious. i haven't buy hdb yet leh. i scare they increase the property price if everything need charging then property will be very expensive lor. 🤣

the last time i took a bus, the rear was sloping upwards.

who wants to move behind and stand on a slope ? everyone just crowded in front and stand on the flat.

simple thing like that, can fix, and people will move to the rear, when the bus slope the other way.

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

While they are at it, they should have installed a conveyer belt to "help" passengers move to the back. 

Driver no need to come down, just press the red button! 

Should be compactor instead 😅😅😅

Like those Takashi Castle Game show type that push people.... 😂😂

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Didu said:

three-door-bus.jpg

The swinging angle at the rear can be big due to the long rear overhand, better avoid driving too close to the bus parallely when they are making a turn to avoid getting swiped by the rear.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Minister said they achieved an 8% faster unload of passengers at each stop......... makes sense as there is less space for people!

At this moment, I don't get it.

• Haha! 3

14 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Number of door not an issue, is the number of buay zhi tong people that's an issue. Self entitled Karens Kelvins aplenty in the morning rush hours. 

they aren't saying it is the number of days. 3rd door is to solve the position of the door.

Why do people crowd around the middle? Cuz the door is there.

10 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

china got land space mah. singapore bo lah. every sqft is precious. i haven't buy hdb yet leh. i scare they increase the property price if everything need charging then property will be very expensive lor. 🤣

Haven't hit 35? Or waiting to get married?

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Haven't hit 35? Or waiting to get married?

Neither. I am not 35 yet, and still single and detestable. 😩

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1