COVID-19: Msia MCO from Jan 13 - 26 2021

Blueray

Malaysia to impose MCO for 2 weeks from Jan 13 in several states to curb Covid-19 cases: Muhyiddin

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin on Monday (Jan 11) announced fresh nationwide movement restrictions to curb the soaring number of Covid-19 cases.

Five states - Melaka, Johor, Penang, Selangor and Sabah - and the federal territories of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya will re-enter the movement control order (MCO), where social activities and gatherings are banned. 

"Our health system can no longer afford to handle 2,000 daily Covid-19 cases. Our healthcare system is at a breaking point," Tan Sri Muhyiddin said in a televised address. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/pm-muhyiddin-to-hold-press-conference-at-6pm-as-malaysia-mulls-partial-lockdown-to-curb

"this is not unexpected" ...

↡ Advertisement

I think 2 weeks are not enough. A country the geography like Malaysia needs at least 4 weeks with very strict enforcing. Anyway, best wishes to our neighbours with their virus control.

• Praise 1

I think v hard to implement 100% MCO.  the people know how to go around the law...... there are many small kampong roads and unmarked roads from state to state.  

6 hours ago, Jusnel said:

I think v hard to implement 100% MCO.  the people know how to go around the law...... there are many small kampong roads and unmarked roads from state to state.  

The main spread is not kampong which have low population density,  the problem is with the high population density areas like town center, shopping areas etc. There is no need and no way to do 100%, they just need to cut down all the non essential movement , the spread will decline over time. At one point last year they have even blocked their interstate travel during their MCO which was quite effective. 

There are 3 diff form MCO from Jan 13-26:

1. MCO: Penang, Federal Territory, Johor, Sabah & Melaka;

2. CMCO: Kedah, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Kelantan, Terengganu & Pahang

3. RMCO: Perlis & Sarawak

8 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think ppl will still pa pa zao. CNY leh. Very important. Need to go salon dye hair, buy new clothes, send hampers. 🤣

maybe loh.. seem those MCO state got more chinese population wor..

i was told during December the whole msia is on holiday

all tourist attractions were jammed pack!

cuti cuti malaysia ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

i was told during December the whole msia is on holiday

all tourist attractions were jammed pack!

cuti cuti malaysia ... 

I thought you will see it in your FB feed

🤭

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

maybe loh.. seem those MCO state got more chinese population wor..

I think it is based on number of active cases.

Yesterday new case: 2,232 (total)

Penang: 112

FT: 225

Johor: 396

Sabah: 374

Melaka: 37

Selangor: 557

13 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I think 2 weeks are not enough. A country the geography like Malaysia needs at least 4 weeks with very strict enforcing. Anyway, best wishes to our neighbours with their virus control.

The objection is probably to slow the spread, otherwise it should be a country wide lockdown.  

If the Covid count don't drop in 2 weeks time, likely to be extended. My KL friends are very negative on their job/ business prospects. Can't imagine what will happen to the JB economy. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, RadX said:

Wah!  State of emergency till Aug 1, endorsed by King

Msia gg liao....

Govt come in from the back is barely hanging on now.

They are holding on to 1 seat majority now.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The objection is probably to slow the spread, otherwise it should be a country wide lockdown.  

If the Covid count don't drop in 2 weeks time, likely to be extended. My KL friends are very negative on their job/ business prospects. Can't imagine what will happen to the JB economy. 

For KL/Selangor, confirmed extend 3 more times of 2 weeks.

For biz with an online presence, still can survive for the time being.

I think this is a political ploy to hold onto power.

He now has the power, can pass act/policy without having to go to parliament...

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2