Where are u getting ur CNY goodies from this year?

StreetFight3r

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/could-cancellation-chinese-new-year-bazaar-chinatown-have-been-avoided

I am deeply saddened by the cancellation of the Chinese New Year bazaar in Chinatown this year.Although we know the reason why the event was cancelled, I believe the organiser, Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens’ Consultative Committee, could have devised more viable ways and put in concerted efforts to work around the foreseeable logistical problems.

Similar to strict safety measures previously introduced for managing the public at various wet markets across the island, it is still possible to effectively curb the spread of Covid-19 at the Chinatown bazaar.  Geylang wet market is a good example where, during the partial lockdown last year, there was a quota imposed on the number of visitors entering the market premises based on the last digits on their national identity cards.I thus cannot understand why this cannot be done for the bazaar.Understandably, with the reduction of people patronising the bazaar, stallholders' income would inevitably decline, as reported by the media during the last Chinese New Year period. Their plight could be mitigated by organisers charging the stallholders lower rentals. 

I now wonder if the River Hongbao outdoor carnival held at the Float@Marina Bay, which is a regular feature during Chinese New Year, will also be cancelled because of the pandemic.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/could-cancellation-chinese-new-year-bazaar-chinatown-have-been-avoided

The author of this article is asking the obvious question. U can still get your cny goodies without goin to the bazaar

n i think its absolutely sensible to cancel the bazaar becuz theres no way to prevent overcrowding

u can manage/regulate the number of people goin to the bazaar but there will be a long string of queue n thats still overcrowding

geylang serai bazaar/christmas bazaars all cancelled so i dun see why we chinese would feel that we are entitled to have our cny bazaar in the middle of a pandemic

where covid-19 is still raging around the world and even our closest neighbours i am appreciate that living in Singapore almost feel like living in a bubble

enough of my lor soh.....

where is everyone getting your cny goodies from? i usually get from Gin Thye

this year wife also ordering pineapple tarts from home bakeries

some misc stuff we intend to get from ntuc or sheng siong early to avoid overcrowding closer to cny

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

1 minute ago, Soya said:

Good excuse to eat less sugary and fattening stuff

mostly not for us to eat but we will have some relatives visiting

usually all my relatives will take turns to visit each other place but this year we gonna just keep it to a small group 

but still need some food for the adults but mostly the kids to munch lah haha

prawn crackers a must

the traditional bak kwa also a must its something the kids look forward to every year

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Online got 1001 ways to buy and make you buy more [laugh]

true story thought never go holiday can save money but end up lazada so many sale

10.10 11.11 12.12 year end/christmas

deleted the app alr

• Haha! 5

11 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

usually all my relatives will take turns to visit each other place but this year we gonna just keep it to a small group 

prawn crackers a must

the traditional bak kwa also a must its something the kids look forward to every year

I've never really understood this bak kwa thingy

Whole year round can buy anywhere and bee chiang hiang stores quite empty. But come CNY, suddenly long queues form and prices jacked up. Not as if it's some seasonal fruit that only grows during this period....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Soya said:

Good excuse to eat less sugary and fattening stuff

Yeah .. also easier to reduce the cost of operators for those buyers that try for the sake of trying n not buying 

Pre Ordered from Home Favorites taka last weekend with 23% early bird disc. Can collect from any outlet by 05 Feb.

This week taka has extra 10% if not wrong, but not sure if early bird disc still same.

44 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

true story thought never go holiday can save money but end up lazada so many sale

10.10 11.11 12.12 year end/christmas

deleted the app alr

Aiyo why delete ...  just turn off notification can liao....  else every few hours got some reminders ... very "stress" or irritating ?

30 minutes ago, Soya said:

I've never really understood this bak kwa thingy

Whole year round can buy anywhere and bee chiang hiang stores quite empty. But come CNY, suddenly long queues form and prices jacked up. Not as if it's some seasonal fruit that only grows during this period....

I eat Bak Kwa all year round except CNY ... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
49 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

prawn crackers a must

these 2 are my favorites. Everything don't have also ok. These 2 surely must eat. Throughout the year and not just during CNY. 😁

52 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

prawn crackers a must

what are the exact numbers?

i heard from friends,  cannot be more then 8 dun include the original occupant of the house? 

that means if my house got 5 ppl, and 5 visit me, total become 10, its allow? 

or the total include the original occupant cannot be more then 8??

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

what are the exact numbers?

i heard from friends,  cannot be more then 8 dun include the original occupant of the house? 

that means if my house got 5 ppl, and 5 visit me, total become 10, its allow? 

or the total include the original occupant cannot be more then 8??

8 guests, not including those already staying in the house.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

where is everyone getting your cny goodies from? i usually get from Gin Thye

this year wife also ordering pineapple tarts from home bakeries

some misc stuff we intend to get from ntuc or sheng siong early to avoid overcrowding closer to cny

what's good from Gin Thye?

I ordered pineapple tarts from home baker. 

This year I'm not visiting anybody more or less. No big gatherings.

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

what's good from Gin Thye?

I ordered pineapple tarts from home baker. 

This year I'm not visiting anybody more or less. No big gatherings.

Every year pineapple tart also sian. Will most probably cook up more chicken wings and other stuff for CNY, my boys coming over for mahjong, and this time, what I win I KEEP! 

Koropok is a must! :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1