Where are u getting ur CNY goodies from this year?

StreetFight3r

43 minutes ago, Beregond said:

No buy branded. Normally order from home make. 

Our age must control. I remember  a few years back i wack like a teenager. In the end haven't  cny i already serious sore throat 😫 

Tham jia 😂 

I seldom eat any cny goodie . So dont have such problems.  Lucky i not a food person 😄

• Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i don't think got any particular brand is good. They all taste very similar.
Only once in a while, u get the not nice one.

I think the better ones are from bengawan . But kind of expensive.  I like the white cookie that melts in the mouth .... cant rem whats that call 😄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

my family also dun visit, cos  my dad is the eldest. since i was a kid, every 1 come visit us😂

my dad now staying with me and i am the eldest also, stay home and wait nia 😁

Then you have to prepare many cny goodies since you are the host for everyone. Lol.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

our 抵抗力 not so good liao. last time can sleep 2 am every day , now u can meh. same thing lol

But i see some old people like their 抵抗力 still very good le, can see them still eat many fried stuff, chili and goodies etc and like no sore throat?

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Why no visiting this year? Still can visit up to 8 persons at one time le. Lol.

usually mass gathering on Day 1 (maternal), day 2 (paternal). Most flexible. But this year no big gatherings mah.

The older generation will probably meet up lor. Younger one like us, just listen to my mother's instructions [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

I think the better ones are from bengawan . But kind of expensive.  I like the white cookie that melts in the mouth .... cant rem whats that call 😄

ah i know. but that one mostly taste sweet nowadays.

5 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Making my own. Not much, mostly acher acher, and Kuay Lapis, espresso cake. That's all. 

Will likely be making own pineapple tarts again this year, plus some buscuit with my family. Nothing much to buy since not expecting visitors due to the headcount restrictions. All my annual gathering have to be cancelled for this year, for exercising social responsibility. 

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

If anyone can point towards a brand for those traditional cookies type, i don't mind trying. 

I dunno whether i dare to try the hae bi fried shrimp roll... 100% confirm Sore throat. But sibei shiok [laugh]

I have been buying hae bi hiam roll from SS ($5.95/pkt of 500g) for the past 3 years. Reasonably good and inexpensive. You wanna to give it a try? 

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If anybody too much Pineapple tarts, Love letters and bak kwa 

please pass to me.

I will save the earth and stop the waste.

:grin:

I was even pass some to my MIL.

One or two lah.

For extra CNY cookies, you have to wait till end of CNY period (15th day of CNY and beyond), you still can wait? Or are you "treating" your MIL with these recycled cookies? :D

• Praise 12

5 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I have been buying hae bi hiam roll from SS ($5.95/pkt of 500g) for the past 3 years. Reasonably good and inexpensive. You wanna to give it a try? 

Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm not fussy. Probably pick them up from NTUC.

12 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

For extra CNY cookies, you have to wait till end of CNY period (15th day of CNY and beyond), you still can wait? Or are you "treating" your MIL with these recycled cookies? :D

When my MIL makes a big pot of curry

I will be having curry for the next few weeks.

Wife and kids will complain jelat and it will be all on me to finish all by myself.

So I am used to finishing off Christmas cake and turkey for the next few week,

CNY goodies for the next few weeks.

Moon cakes after moon cake season for the next few weeks etc

Funny that when it come to ice cream they kids never ask me to help them at all.

Sometimes the whole tub is gone before I can even start helping.

Same with chips and keropok, chocolate, marshmellow, muruku, pistachios, cashews etc etc

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

my family also dun visit, cos  my dad is the eldest. since i was a kid, every 1 come visit us😂

my dad now staying with me and i am the eldest also, stay home and wait nia 😁

Yeah, stay home watch movie and relax. After this, going to be a while before next holiday. 

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Will likely be making own pineapple tarts again this year, plus some buscuit with my family. Nothing much to buy since not expecting visitors due to the headcount restrictions. All my annual gathering have to be cancelled for this year, for exercising social responsibility. 

Make a bit niah, no one coming over this year, peaceful and no stress also. Used to cook a lot for all my old kakies and family. Even my acher acher no need to make so many bottles, honestly I feel empty, than again, I have more time to rest also. Stay home, watch movies, go for night swims, gym. Peaceful. Oh! Play mahjong also. :D 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

This is cheap and good one.  

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I have been buying hae bi hiam roll from SS ($5.95/pkt of 500g) for the past 3 years. Reasonably good and inexpensive.

What brand? Or any photo?

thanks.

2 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Yeah, stay home watch movie and relax. After this, going to be a while before next holiday. 

Stay home relax best cause even you go out walk walk sure super crowded, since whole sg people would be stuck here.

Next holiday not say too long, only about 1 month plus later in apr. 😂

8 hours ago, Bezbee said:

I eat Bak Kwa all year round except CNY ... 

I eat BK all year round including CNY which happen to be the only time I eat at people's place...😁

1 hour ago, Credor said:

What brand? Or any photo?

thanks.

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm not fussy. Probably pick them up from NTUC.

This brand. 

7fe1be7579e90411aeb19d3f4ca73cdd.jpg

The funny thing is while SS is selling at $5.95 all year round, NTUC and other supermarket as well as online store are retailing at >$6 to $8+/-

• Praise 15
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, 13177 said:

Stay home relax best cause even you go out walk walk sure super crowded, since whole sg people would be stuck here.

Next holiday not say too long, only about 1 month plus later in apr. 😂

Everywhere sure got "people mountain, people sea" lor. Stay home, eat, go to club, swim, gym, play a bit of mahjong, relax with a movie. 1 month plus, yeah hor. Same thing lor, repeat above. :D Maybe take wife on a night drive go look see look see places never been too. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3