Where are u getting ur CNY goodies from this year?

StreetFight3r

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

No I meant the non extra spicy. Haha just normal spicy lol. 

Oh. Ok.

The Nonya brand I don't think it is spicy. Maybe my tolerance of spicy is high.

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

Wow u store how long?

Si bei eh lun.

😄

No lah. Just bought last week. And only left half.

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Tohto said:

No lah. Just bought last week. And only left half.

You can tong don't finish all meh? I will whack if my wife isn't looking. 

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nonya is just the brand for this hae bee Hiam roll, which is cheap and good. Available all year round at SS and other supermarke, I will buy when I crave for it, don't need to wait till CNY. 

Zf6VFGV.jpg

QEF90GL.jpg

The SS that I just visited does not have the promotion and they leave it in the carton box. 

IMG_20210114_192609.jpg

IMG_20210114_192632.jpg

• Praise 2

On 1/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, Soya said:

I've never really understood this bak kwa thingy

Whole year round can buy anywhere and bee chiang hiang stores quite empty. But come CNY, suddenly long queues form and prices jacked up. Not as if it's some seasonal fruit that only grows during this period....

Concur. People too free and too rich to queue. 

21 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nonya is just the brand for this hae bee Hiam roll, which is cheap and good. Available all year round at SS and other supermarke, I will buy when I crave for it, don't need to wait till CNY. 

Zf6VFGV.jpg

QEF90GL.jpg

4uO7QMM.jpg

I just took the above photos during lunch time, and not difficult to see that it's quality is better than Happy Family (SS house brand).

This nonya brand is lousy 

The skin is very thick. It's like eating cracker.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

This nonya brand is lousy 

The skin is very thick. It's like eating cracker.

Bro he likes it, to each his own lor. The 4 horse road ones got more liow inside and cheaper but people say this one nice. Anything “Nonya” to me can FO.

6 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

Bro he likes it, to each his own lor. The 4 horse road ones got more liow inside and cheaper but people say this one nice. Anything “Nonya” to me can FO.

convenience lah. Ask me go down i also don't want. 

Nowadays these types of snacks if can eat average one can liao.

Bak kwa, pineapple tarts i will drive down to buy/collect from my baker. But everything else is from supermarket or wherever convenient. Almost all made in malaysia anyway.

Edited by Lala81

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

convenience lah. Ask me go down i also don't want. 

Nowadays these types of snacks if can eat average one can liao.

Bak kwa, pineapple tarts i will drive down to buy/collect from my baker. But everything else is from supermarket or wherever convenient. Almost all made in malaysia anyway.

Yeah, every eat until sian also, you got a point, so this year I just fry koropok and that's it. Not worth driving down to get all this. Bak Kwa wait for people to give me. :D:D

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Anyone tried the Bak Kua other than Lim Chee Guan ? 😄🍻

https://mothership.sg/2021/01/bak-kwa-deals-2021/

This is still a Covid year and judging from current bak kua prices of $56/kg, it is going to cross $60/kg this year nearer CNY.

Where is the recession?  The good time rolls on.  Lol

I am going to skip BK this year, looking to buy cheap Australian lobsters and wine instead. Anyone got lobangs? 

91CE79FA-052D-403E-B965-6D9314884E31.jpeg

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

This is still a Covid year and judging from current bak kua prices of $56/kg, it is going to cross $60/kg this year nearer CNY.

I am going to skip BK this year, looking to buy cheap Australian lobsters and wine instead. Anyone got lobangs? 

Wine can get at NTUC ... every now and then tbey have good sales +8% discount wine card if u have. 😄 

I cheapskate .. only buy sales item 😂🍾🍷🍾🍷

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

91CE79FA-052D-403E-B965-6D9314884E31.jpeg

At the going rate...maybe need to go fishing for seafood at Bedok jetty and hunt for wild boar at Pasir Ris liao 😅

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

At the going rate...maybe need to go fishing for seafood at Bedok jetty and hunt for wild boar at Pasir Ris liao 😅

Yes, i was expecting prices to be more reasonable. Maybe price of frozen pork has went up during Covid? All the hoarding! 

Anyway, will buy less CNY goodies this year as we have no plan for any large scale CNY gathering. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, i was expecting prices to be more reasonable. Maybe price of frozen pork has went up during Covid? All the hoarding! 

Anyway, will buy less CNY goodies this year as we have no plan for any large scale CNY gathering. 

In general this year, pai tan for all the CNY related business. Since I'm not visiting, I'm not even getting new clothes for myself or my wife. Kids still have cos i bought for them in mid 2020. 

Bak kwa my mother already bought some earlier. 
I'll cut hair. Give pineapple tarts to immediate family members. Then just eat some steamboat and lo hei with immediate family. 

My mum doesn't even want to go out makan for my dad's birthday which falls on 2nd day. Almost like a year with grandparent funerals.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3