Where are u getting ur CNY goodies from this year?

StreetFight3r

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

In general this year, pai tan for all the CNY related business. Since I'm not visiting, I'm not even getting new clothes for myself or my wife. Kids still have cos i bought for them in mid 2020. 

Bak kwa my mother already bought some earlier. 
I'll cut hair. Give pineapple tarts to immediate family members. Then just eat some steamboat and lo hei with immediate family. 

My mum doesn't even want to go out makan for my dad's birthday which falls on 2nd day. Almost like a year with grandparent funerals.

I buy new clothes even it is not cny. Lol. And even during cny i also no need to wear new clothes de, so every year same same for me. So this year whether it is covid or no covid not much difference.

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, i was expecting prices to be more reasonable. Maybe price of frozen pork has went up during Covid? All the hoarding! 

Anyway, will buy less CNY goodies this year as we have no plan for any large scale CNY gathering. 

I always tell myself every year dont buy too many goodies but still ended up eat until past 15th day...siblings would give, neighbours would gift exchange...relatives would also give when we go visiting...say for the elder at home, must take one 😅

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I always tell myself every year dont buy too many goodies but still ended up eat until past 15th day...siblings would give, neighbours would gift exchange...relatives would also give when we go visiting...say for the elder at home, must take one 😅

I made an agreement with my parents and siblings a few years ago to cut down on such CNY exchange (limited to 1 bag), so we have less surplus these days.  But it seems to have made it less festive, probably psychological. 🤔

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

In general this year, pai tan for all the CNY related business. Since I'm not visiting, I'm not even getting new clothes for myself or my wife. Kids still have cos i bought for them in mid 2020. 

Bak kwa my mother already bought some earlier. 
I'll cut hair. Give pineapple tarts to immediate family members. Then just eat some steamboat and lo hei with immediate family. 

My mum doesn't even want to go out makan for my dad's birthday which falls on 2nd day. Almost like a year with grandparent funerals.

Wah, You buy clothes 6 months in advance!!![shocked]

Past few years, most of my clothes were bought from MY or BKK.:D This year, no need to buy.

12 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Past few years, most of my clothes were bought from MY or BKK.:D This year, no need to buy.

Summer sale. I only buy their clothes once a year. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I do just that as well, why pay festive prices? So long as the shirt is not worn, it's still new. Fish also pre buy, clean and vacuum pack, deep freeze of deep fried and freeze in vacuum pack. Same with prawns, coming close to CNY, no need to go market, crowd with people, pay high prices etc.. and cook like siao, just heat up and serve. Save time, save money. 

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

I do just that as well, why pay festive prices? So long as the shirt is not worn, it's still new. Fish also pre buy, clean and vacuum pack, deep freeze of deep fried and freeze in vacuum pack. Same with prawns, coming close to CNY, no need to go market, crowd with people, pay high prices etc.. and cook like siao, just heat up and serve. Save time, save money. 

I long time no wear new clothes on CNY. I just treat CNY as any normal day. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I long time no wear new clothes on CNY. I just treat CNY as any normal day. Lol.

We have to follow fengshui. It has helped us thru all these years, new shirt doesn't cost much. Wake up do prayers, opening and closing of main door, plus date and time to start work. 

Snacks etc.. used to buy a lot because of guest, this year, no need to buy, people give free, take, jiak liow not nice, just throw away. Main thing is, enjoy the holiday, much needed rest, watch movies, play mahjong and best of all, this year, I win at mahjong, my boys cannot tell their mother I have to return all their winnings. :D 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Same. I never buy new clothes for cny for many years liao🤣

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

We have to follow fengshui. It has helped us thru all these years, new shirt doesn't cost much. Wake up do prayers, opening and closing of main door, plus date and time to start work. 

Snacks etc.. used to buy a lot because of guest, this year, no need to buy, people give free, take, jiak liow not nice, just throw away. Main thing is, enjoy the holiday, much needed rest, watch movies, play mahjong and best of all, this year, I win at mahjong, my boys cannot tell their mother I have to return all their winnings. :D 

Alamak, no wonder i no have good fengshui thru all these years cause i no wear new shirt on cny? [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

Used to do and enjoyed multiple trips to get the goodies and all...happy to see stack after stack of goodies on dinning table, sideboard even coffee table after each trip...kinda getting into the festive feel with the new year songs playing at the background 😁

In recent years...one trip one kill...if two trips would be one too many liao 😂

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Alamak, no wonder i no have good fengshui thru all these years cause i no wear new shirt on cny? [sweatdrop]

KNS lah, not only new clothes lah, need to do prayers, opening and closing of the main door etc. Sometimes feel damn tired, but have to follow as it has been good for all of us. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Got new underwear? That's the most important thing. 😄

• Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Got new underwear? That's the most important thing. 😄

Aiya, no also le. Now i confirmed and know why my fengshui is so bad liao. [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1