Sinovac showed efficacy of 50.4%

steveluv

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Ah... BioNtech is German. More politically acceptable in terms of 面子。and surely going to sell like hot cakes vs a MIC version. 

My doctor friend was bit apprehensive about the Pfizer one. He prefers the AZN one which we haven't got any agreement with so far. But now he's thinking if he delay and get the Sinovac one... Lagi worse.

Lol its all relative! 

I thought our 1st batch is Pfizer-BioNTech.

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

He was hoping sg bring in Azn version. But no joy lol. 

He want a Toyota. Not a BMW m5. Lol. 

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Our gahment says will review it so likely it will be sent to our HSA lab for a breakdown to see how it goes. If they say ok, means ok.

If really only 50% effective then maybe our gahment can ask for 50% off the price. LoL...

50% is the min of global vaccine efficacy standard

also sinovac if i remember correctly more expensive than pfizer

anyway u cant ask discount la if its 50%

best is u jab twice, then become 100% efficacy😂

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Pfizer downside it needs -70 deg celcius storage, most developing countries with huge area and lack of storage facilities will become problem in vaccination distribution

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

50% is the min of global vaccine efficacy standard

also sinovac if i remember correctly more expensive than pfizer

anyway u cant ask discount la if its 50%

best is u jab twice, then become 100% efficacy😂

Gahment already mentioned it's free for citizens. So it will be the gahment asking for the discount, not me. LoL...

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Most of them were eradicated due to herd immunity. Honestly I dunno. All these predates me. But I believe it was the widespread adoption that killed off the virus reservoirs. 

The flu vaccine may only be 40% effective in elderly. 

But the effectiveness of those maybe higher cos the virus don't mutate that much eg polio, hepatitis b. And kids all mostly have very robust immune systems. Ideal population to vaccinate. 

Even a 50% vaccine would be pretty effective if say 100% population took the vaccine. Cos it reduces the R0 to much much lower. 

Yeah the outbreak if theres a super spreader in community will be halved. Moreover sinovac is more useful to jab at infected patient with moderate to severe symptom. Efficacy up to 78%. But its less effective against normal or mild case

1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

Gahment already mentioned it's free for citizens. So it will be the gahment asking for the discount, not me. LoL...

dare to ask discount? Afterall our gahmen need to maintain good relationship with china. Cannot afford to offend further later got terrex 2.0🤣

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Our gahment says will review it so likely it will be sent to our HSA lab for a breakdown to see how it goes. If they say ok, means ok.

If really only 50% effective then maybe our gahment can ask for 50% off the price. LoL...

A HSA review almost never involves any actual biochemical analysis of a drug or vaccine, only a review of available data from manufacturer, various other national agencies and any other publicly available data. 

I know the process: I was requested by HSA to do an expert review on a new drug being considered for importation into Singapore (which I rejected on the basis of inconsistencies in various data sources - so I made up my mind independently despite some major national regulatory authorities having given it the green light). 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Pfizer downside it needs -70 deg celcius storage, most developing countries with huge area and lack of storage facilities will become problem in vaccination distribution

so to tell the jab you get is from china or US is when you take the injection and feel cold, mean is from US, if you didn't shiver, mean is from china [laugh]

Just now, Jman888 said:

so to tell the jab you get is from china or US is when you take the injection and feel cold, mean is from US, if you didn't shiver, mean is from china [laugh]

Yah sometimes china purposely put in freezer also so to make u feel shiok🤪🤪🤪

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

A HSA review almost never involves any actual biochemical analysis of a drug or vaccine, only a review of available data from manufacturer, various other national agencies and any other publicly available data. 

I know the process: I was requested by HSA to do an expert review on a new drug being considered for importation into Singapore (which I rejected on the basis of inconsistencies in various data sources - so I made up my mind independently despite some major national regulatory authorities having given it the green light). 

You are the expert mah. You have the final say. For me I can only guess.

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Ask you all ah:

When my turns come, will kena which one ah?

if you so scared, by the time your turn come covid19 will be over. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Just send us only two doses lah.

And give both to my MIL.

:grin:

Very smart, 50% + 50% = 100%?? :D

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Look at the vaccine bottle. Chinese wording mean china. English mean western.

So easy.

Without vaccine I might or might not get covid. I get covid I might not die.

With china vaccine I might still have 50% chance of getting covid.

↡ Advertisement