Sinovac showed efficacy of 50.4%

steveluv

Thank you Admin and Mod for the change in Title.

Need to push back these  "race bashing" propaganda that is going around in the world by......your guess is better than mine

• Praise 2

On 1/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, Spidey10 said:

Not surprising ler….not easy to make vaccines as it takes years ler.

the normal flu vaccine also took 15 or more years to develop and is not 100% efficacy ler, i think is also roughly 50% only. You will still get flu even though you have take the normal flu jab! period!

they have done a good job in coming out with one over this short period of time.

The best is not a vaccine.

It is not getting old and staying young always.

:grin:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/health/slow-aging-intl-scli-scn/index.html

After modeling the "aging landscape," the team of researchers found they could manipulate -- and optimize -- the process of aging, using computer simulations to reprogram the master circuit and modify its DNA.

They were then able to create a "novel aging route," with a dramatically extended lifespan. This, researchers believe, could ultimately lead to the possibility of delaying human aging.

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

50% is like flipping a coin, even after getting the vaccine, you're still 50% immune..  pointless getting this vaccine..

Not really.  At least if infected you wont get very severe symptoms.  And china is using old technology.  For reference, the normal flu vaccines we have is also about the same in terms of efficacy.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

I read somewhere the worst that can happen with china vaccine ( assuming no allergies) is they accidentally inject a live virus instead of a deactivated one, so infecting you.  But you are likely to survive the infection.  The new vaccine OTOH,  is something new.  It is supposedly much more effective but one never knows the effects years down the road.

• Praise 3

Good no more racism.

Can say China product lousy cannot say Chinese product lousy.

One is national one is race.

If a Chinese man is born in England and hold British citizenship then is he an Englishman?

:D

Let's not be racist and think Englishman is a white man only.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Not really.  At least if infected you wont get very severe symptoms.  And china is using old technology.  For reference, the normal flu vaccines we have is also about the same in terms of efficacy.

I read somewhere the worst that can happen with china vaccine ( assuming no allergies) is they accidentally inject a live virus instead of a deactivated one, so infecting you.  But you are likely to survive the infection.  The new vaccine OTOH,  is something new.  It is supposedly much more effective but one never knows the effects years down the road.

How to get the live virus vaccine for my MIL?

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

How to get the live virus vaccine for my MIL?

just book a vacation in India or Indonesia (nearer) ...

say it's a 5-star hotel with sumptuous buffet spread ... all in ... :D 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

50% is like flipping a coin, even after getting the vaccine, you're still 50% immune..  pointless getting this vaccine..

Some may say jab one on the arm for upper body and one on the buttock for the lower half...may still get zero cover if got the negative 50% efficacy...😂

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I read the news . Most of the complications  come when they take the 2nd shot 

• Shocked 1

The so call 50.4 percent is from where? Brazil? What about result from other country?

The title itself already smell like a propaganda to smear. 

The rising of a new power sure attract a lot of attention by the incumbent superpower.

So we must really read international media and forum with eye open.

I have full confidence in the China one.

That I only want my MIL to have it.

I will take the not so good ones myself.

:grin:

Only the best for my MIL.