Sinovac showed efficacy of 50.4%

steveluv

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Jiak simi sai can. 

Jiak cheese pie cannot. 

That's why kena KTV cluster. 😁

That I have disagree Liao

Experts say delta is so contagious that even a less than 1 min contact can spread (news on some China or Taiwan eatery). basically anyone go downstairs buy liu Lian, toilet paper, wan tan mee, also can tio. Look at the Changi Airport, Ttsh. Where did the delta of Changi and ttsh come from? 

Ktv is just a whipping boy for both internet people and the authorities. Cheongsters and cheongsters suppliers could have gotten delta as easily as anyone who go to Changi Airport or Ttsh

Singapore is like a aircraft carrier. Not easy to go out and not so easy to come in. But if one sick comes in, you die I die everybody dies

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Experts say delta is so contagious that even a less than 1 min contact can spread (news on some China or Taiwan eatery). basically anyone go downstairs buy liu Lian, toilet paper, wan tan mee, also can tio. Look at the Changi Airport, Ttsh. Where did the delta of Changi and ttsh come from? 

Ktv is just a whipping boy for both internet people and the authorities. Cheongsters and cheongsters suppliers could have gotten delta as easily as anyone who go to Changi Airport or Ttsh

Singapore is like a aircraft carrier. Not easy to go out and not so easy to come in. But if one sick comes in, you die I die everybody dies

well baring the dorms, the biggest cluster so far is the airport. if KTV cluster exceeds 100pax.... then we know the power of the cheese pie.😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

well baring the dorms, the biggest cluster so far is the airport. if KTV cluster exceeds 100pax.... then we know the power of the cheese pie.😁

how Covid spreads: 

C1F2A8D9-85B1-41A3-B357-87B0CAD1F4A5.gif

• Haha! 5

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Baring the dorms not the issue. It's all the baring in the KTVs.

😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Mustank said:

ktv apologist spotted. 

• Haha! 2

On 7/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, Vinyl said:

Using the same standard of journalism, you can say

"They relied on Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Now they're battling outbreaks".

Supersonic

Just the neigbours: Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia are dumping Sinovac, not much confidence I guess.

Malaysia even approve Sinopharm at this time. It's not about Chinese vaccine... maybe. [laugh]

• Praise 1

BioNTech produces 10 times more antibodies than China's Sinovac: study

People who received BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine had ten times the amount of antibodies than those given China's Sinovac, a Hong Kong study has shown, adding to growing data on different jabs' effectiveness.

The University of Hong Kong (HKU) research, based on a study of 1,442 healthcare workers, was published in Lancet Microbe on Thursday.

Researchers said antibodies are not the only measure of a vaccine's success at fighting a particular disease.

But they warned that "the difference in concentrations of neutralising antibodies identified in our study could translate into substantial differences in vaccine effectiveness".

Those who received Sinovac had "similar or lower" levels of antibodies to those seen in patients who caught and successfully fought off the disease.

The study adds to the growing body of evidence that vaccines using pioneering mRNA technology -- such as BioNTech and Moderna -- offer better protection against the coronavirus and its variants that those developed by more traditional methods such as using inactivated virus parts.

Traditional vaccines are cheaper to produce and less complicated to transport and store, making them a vital tool for fighting the pandemic in less wealthy countries.

• Praise 1

Thai study finds 2 doses of Sinovac can’t beat Delta variant, AstraZeneca can

Inoculation with two doses of China’s Sinovac vaccine can boost the neutralizing antibody level to 80-90% and provide immunity to the Alpha variant of the COVID-19 virus to some extent, but cannot fend off the highly contagious Delta variant, which is becoming dominant in Thailand and many other parts of the world, said a prominent Thai doctor today (Friday).

Two doses of the UK’s Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine can, however, immunize people, with neutralizing antibody levels of over 90%, against the virulent Delta variant, according to Head of the Thai Red Cross Emerging Infectious Diseases Health Science Centre, Professor Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha, who conducted a joint study with Dr. Anan Jongkaewwattana, a virologist at BIOTEC.

• Shocked 1

17 hours ago, Singa said:

Ask Thailand why they plan to mix Sinovac and AstraZeneca. 

Is it because Sinovac efficacy 120%, too high, so have to lower using AZ for 2nd jab?

20210717_103813.jpg.7fe544ae52db84b933e29db1ecfb82b7.jpg

Pfizer best la!

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Singa said:

"Traditional vaccines are cheaper to produce", but somehow some traditional covid 19 vaccine costs more than the mRNA ones. Cover up during initial outbreak and then try to make money from pandemic. See them no up.

Exactly, I hate cover-ups. See them no up.

You know people that blame China for discovering the virus? It's like blaming Newton for their weight.

Screenshot_20210717_130729.thumb.jpg.aabdcf053cf83f46963639cc20f3b595.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Why both sides so defensive...

Sinovac is better than nothing.
Pfizer/moderna/novavax/AZN is better than sinovac. 
Sinopharm is probably better than Sinovac based on their initial trials. 
J&J is around the level of AZN thereabouts.
Sputnik i really dunno but at best as good as sinopharm?

All are good enough to substantially reduce serious disease, but reducing transmission is lot harder. Even the mrna based vaccines are 60+% good at that.

If China and Russia didn't have sinovac/sinopharm, they would be waiting like the rest of the world for COVAX and vaccine grabbing by the West. Most of the covax doses are by the Chinese. 

Given the fact that it's only been 1.5+ years since the worldwide outbreak, we should all be happy with how things have turned out. 

Without the vaccines from the West or East, more millions would have died.

• Praise 8

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Why both sides so defensive...

Sinovac is better than nothing.
Pfizer/moderna/novavax/AZN is better than sinovac. 
Sinopharm is probably better than Sinovac based on their initial trials. 
J&J is around the level of AZN thereabouts.
Sputnik i really dunno but at best as good as sinopharm?

All are good enough to substantially reduce serious disease, but reducing transmission is lot harder. Even the mrna based vaccines are 60+% good at that.

If China and Russia didn't have sinovac/sinopharm, they would be waiting like the rest of the world for COVAX and vaccine grabbing by the West. Most of the covax doses are by the Chinese. 

Given the fact that it's only been 1.5+ years since the worldwide outbreak, we should all be happy with how things have turned out. 

Without the vaccines from the West or East, more millions would have died.

yes ... i dont get it when brazil, indonesia, myanmar, africa, etc complain simi

without sinovac ... they got nothing ... beggar cannot be chooser

of course if vaccine is abundance and $$$ is no issue ...

by all means ... get the best the most expensive ... 3 shots per pax

they thought Pfizer and Moderna is there to "help"

no $$$ no talk ... and amdk comes first ... that's the hard truth

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

but i hope PRC dont beh song and arm twist country switching from sinovac to P/M/AZ now

every country now has to "explain" switching from sinovac is not due to efficacy

simply expand supply and give people option

quite obvious all scare piss off PRC

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4