Potholes alert

StreetFight3r

50 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Like you and me, nothing ..... :grin:

No more budget lar...... [:/]

Have to wait for budget as Mr Heng will release 2021 budget somewhere in February. :meaw:

now got budget also no worker to go around, all rush to complete bto which are 6-9 months delay [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Scion said:

dun like that lah... there are hundreds of km of roads in Singapore

the long lasting rain causes more potholes and make it difficult to repair them (i assume need to repair in dry conditions, just like painting)

i think it has to do with rain too

prob alr got small cracks then moisture,temperature/prolong accumulation of water will cause potholes to form

n we seeing so many becuz everyday rain

i suspect it'll be tough to carry out roadworks

also covid situation we have to be understandin that there could be some manpower shortages

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Better go slow, at least have more time to react

Normal roads can go slow but if on expressway when you are driving on high speed, not easy to avoid when you see a pothole appear infront of the road, and sometimes the pothole is swee swee on the surface that your car is driving over. Lol.

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Good luck those with super thin tyre profile🤣

I better drive wife's car until situation improves. 🙂

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
8 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Motorists beware

Due to the rain? 

I usually report to one service app n the patch is done within the day or two days

But the weather has been erratic of late so not sure if that's affecting road patches 

FB_IMG_1610558472065.jpg

This one looks like ubi/Eunos 

FB_IMG_1610558473788.jpg

FB_IMG_1610558475851.jpg

FB_IMG_1610558477600.jpg

FB_IMG_1610558479455.jpg

FB_IMG_1610558481134.jpg

I think this one near at tampines/simei? 

Almost all from patch up after road works. LTA not checking quality of such work?

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Almost all from patch up after road works. LTA not checking quality of such work?

Sleeping. Maybe also outsource the checking - contractors oneself check oneself. 

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Like that cannot le, if vehicles hit those potholes and tyre burst, who is going to compensate the repair cost? 😅

Got a friend who successfully claimed from LTA before.

Drive carefully, drive slowly, leave a gap 2 car lengths in front, so that you can see a pothole coming.

If you see a dark patch, it might be a pothole.

But if you have to swerve to avoid it, don't create an accident.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Got a friend who successfully claimed from LTA before.

The process of claiming must be long?

1 hour ago, Kklim said:

You see all the patching work and resurfacing work done all poor quality and lousy work, dont know who are checking the quality of such work? Nowadays roads always uneven and bumpy even after patching.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

You see all the patching work and resurfacing work done all poor quality and lousy work, dont know who are checking the quality of such work? Nowadays roads always uneven and bumpy even after patching.

Totally agree. 

For the record, road infrastructure maintenance is paid for by ALL taxpayers, whether you are a vehicle owner or NOT. This is a FACT. A lot of motorists had the misconception that only those who pay COE and road tax contributes to road maintenance. The LTA has a responsibility to all taxpayers to ensure the roads are in tip top condition, this include relooking at the shoddy patch jobs done by contractors after repairing underground cables and pipes. 

• Praise 4

37 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Totally agree. 

For the record, road infrastructure maintenance is paid for by ALL taxpayers, whether you are a vehicle owner or NOT. This is a FACT. A lot of motorists had the misconception that only those who pay COE and road tax contributes to road maintenance. The LTA has a responsibility to all taxpayers to ensure the roads are in tip top condition, this include relooking at the shoddy patch jobs done by contractors after repairing underground cables and pipes. 

Those patching job done after those underground cables and pipes is the worst. Often they patch the surface until like a small hump which doesnt align with road surface, and when cars drive over the patched surface like going over endless of humps. Feedback to LTA and nothing have been done. I really want to know who is the person approved such shoddy patch jobs?

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Those patching job done after those underground cables and pipes is the worst. Often they patch the surface until like a small hump which doesnt align with road surface, and when cars drive over the patched surface like going over endless of humps. Feedback to LTA and nothing have been done. I really want to know who is the person approved such shoddy patch jobs?

Within the LTA guidelines, there is such a thing known as "Code of Practice for Works on Public Streets". For example in Section 8 and Section 9, detailed expectations are laid out pretty clearly in terms of QC about patching jobs. Is it the lack of clear communication to contractors or simply no one gives a rat ass within the LTA to check? 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/industry_innovations/industry_matters/development_construction_resources/Street_Work_Proposals/codes_of_practice/COP_for_Works_on_Public_Streets_Sep2018Ed.pdf

• Praise 2