Potholes alert

StreetFight3r

51 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This morning I almost crashed into this pothole.

IMG_2206.jpg

This pothole so big and deep, if crashed onto it, tyres sure damage.

↡ Advertisement

56 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Within the LTA guidelines, there is such a thing known as "Code of Practice for Works on Public Streets". For example in Section 8 and Section 9, detailed expectations are laid out pretty clearly in terms of QC about patching jobs. Is it the lack of clear communication to contractors or simply no one gives a rat ass within the LTA to check? 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/industry_innovations/industry_matters/development_construction_resources/Street_Work_Proposals/codes_of_practice/COP_for_Works_on_Public_Streets_Sep2018Ed.pdf

Next time when i feedback those shoddy patching job to LTA, i shall quote this "Code of Practice for Works on Public Streets" to them and see what they say? Lol.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Those who exit ECP from Rochor heading towards Suntec please note that there is an area there with recurring potholes. It's on the 2 most left lanes before you turn into Suntec City. 

also nicoll highway after suntec convention hall, between left-most and 2nd left-most lane got one very bad hole. kenna this one a couple of times already, really bone-shaking experience lol

9 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

i think it has to do with rain too

prob alr got small cracks then moisture,temperature/prolong accumulation of water will cause potholes to form

n we seeing so many becuz everyday rain

i suspect it'll be tough to carry out roadworks

also covid situation we have to be understandin that there could be some manpower shortages

Tarmac road needs to have good drainage otherwise will disintegrate in no time, this is not helped by the persistent rain and shoddy workmanship, not rectifying the underlying drainage, or even external drainage features such as drains, road camber, super elevation, anything that may cause water log. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Those patching job done after those underground cables and pipes is the worst. Often they patch the surface until like a small hump which doesnt align with road surface, and when cars drive over the patched surface like going over endless of humps. Feedback to LTA and nothing have been done. I really want to know who is the person approved such shoddy patch jobs?

They might as well paint yellow stripes over such irregularities, slow down traffic and save us the trouble kanna damages. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This morning I almost crashed into this pothole.

IMG_2206.jpg

We should be glad we only got potholes, other countries got sinkholes, not only wheel gone, whole car also gone 😬

Drive safe and pray for guidance 🙏

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

17 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Good luck those with super thin tyre profile🤣

245/35/R20, stressful driving these days looking out for holes. If raining, then i just pray. 

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

245/35/R20, stressful driving these days looking out for holes. If raining, then i just pray. 

IF raining, take grab and let them take the hit in the pot holes..

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

IF raining, take grab and let them take the hit in the pot holes..

Don't risk your lives with those Grab cars on botak tyres.... 

• Praise 1

The potholes are  as a result of recent downpour, while the weather has caught us by surprise, LTA must act fast to repair and patch the potholes  

I rotate between my bike and car and there are so many potholes lately its getting scary. I remember almost dropping my bike when I hit a small pothole when turning into a small road. If it was any bigger, I would have crashed.

Repair works are taking some time.

• Praise 1

I reported a porthole yesterday morning and this morning I saw it has been fixed. Actually come to think of it every time I report any road maintenance through the ONE app, it gets fixed within a few days. Do remember to be as specific as possible on the location. For example do not just give a road name, but always include a nearby landmark. I will always include a bus stop ID and the nearest building.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, kumquat said:

I reported a porthole yesterday morning and this morning I saw it has been fixed. Actually come to think of it every time I report any road maintenance through the ONE app, it gets fixed within a few days. Do remember to be as specific as possible on the location. For example do not just give a road name, but always include a nearby landmark. I will always include a bus stop ID and the nearest building.

I would ask them to re surface 100m of the whole stretch! If pot holes appearing means the asphalt already degraded.. sooner or later more and more will just appear..

Edited by Beanoyip
  • Praise 2

I reported 1 week liao... The holes just keep getting bigger! 

I notice almost everywhere the potholes are popping up. 

So report through the ONE app faster than LTA website?!

• Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I would ask them to re surface 100m of the whole stretch! If pot holes appearing means the asphalt already degraded.. sooner or later more and more will just appear..

I think they just anyhow patch up just the pothole, dont think they will re surface 100m of the whole stretch. They are very lazy on re patching works. Unless after repatching cannot make it then they have no choice but to re surface the whole stretch later.

26 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

U complaint too much later they will add speed hump🙈😆🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2