Best Selling Cars of 2021

therock

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

These ADs are screwed by their distributors,  by default they are not allowed to bring in JDM models if there are similar  ASIA models, as a result, they have to sell models that are made in TH/Indo for ASIA market with lower spec. So far i only see one success story  , that is BM managed to bring in the 2L Turbo Harrier to beat the PI, but their permission was granted way  too late after the PIs had flooded the road with Harrier. But at least their 2L Turbo have put the PI sales to a near standstill. 

I am not sure what you said about the mindset of condo buyer represent the general population but even if it is so, dont forget there are only 25% of SGPrean staying in condo, so even the rest of condo dwellers have the same mentality, there are only 25% there, there are still 75% of the people are "not there".....yet. that feeling is good enough to justify the extra cash. 😅

Harrier likely due to Sg/Msia market.

Unlike Sg, MY AD had 12mths waiting list.
Already says JDM. Of course not for export

↡ Advertisement

On 1/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, Spring said:

Agreed. That’s why I didn’t even put down the new Vezel/HRV which has always been a volume seller. I did put down Jazz cautiously cos the hybrid with Honda sensing at just over $100k whilst not cheap is comparable to the Yaris Cross hybrid, so a potential volume seller. That said I doubt it will be the top seller but possibly top 5 if lucky. 

The trouble with Kah is that their cars OMV are high. Comparatively, a MIJ Subaru has a much lower OMV. Either Subaru is under declaring but I’m sure the authorities will look at it if that was the case or Honda is putting a premium on their cars as even MIT models hv such high OMV. 

Wonder why PIs are not bringing in the more premium models like Accord ? This will make it more competitive on the pricing. Look at Toyota Camry......$30K difference between BM vs PIs.....you see more PIs Camrys  on the road....

• Praise 1

Maybe because Thai cars have less margins or the PI dealers can’t get good deals?

perhaps the dealers in Thailand won’t sell it to them at good prices..

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Samlimlp said:

Wonder why PIs are not bringing in the more premium models like Accord ? This will make it more competitive on the pricing. Look at Toyota Camry......$30K difference between BM vs PIs.....you see more PIs Camrys  on the road....

Maybe there is less demand for Accord

On 1/17/2021 at 8:45 AM, inlinesix said:

Maybe there is less demand for Accord

I think if Accord hybrid is available, people will consider it. It has having really good reviews in other markets. 

Also less road tax than Camry

I guess this article has pertinence in 2021 too:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/toyota-retains-top-sales-spot-with-bmw-close-behind-in-turbulent-year

Prof Momin, a former automotive expert at Boston Consulting, said "2020 was indeed an odd year".

He noted that the Covid-19 circuit breaker restrictions from April to June contributed to the market shrinkage: "While car sales came back strongly post-lockdown, the market was unable to recover the lost ground from the first half of the year.

He added that if things improve in 2021, the top 10 list might start to revert to what was seen in earlier years, with mass market cars having a stronger presence.

image.thumb.png.141a35670e1e834373be21bf52d10324.png

• Praise 2

Honda the only brand where PI sells more than AD. Kah got to pull up their socks but perhaps they are constrained by parent Honda Japan?

Borneo has learnt their lesson n now their car prices can compete with PI as seen in the recent Yaris Cross launch. They have close the PI gap considerably. Trouble with Kah is that their cars OMV is very high even those MIT ones like Civic 1.6l is around $20k!

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

Didn’t know there are so many pi merc 

Some are very big PI and sell lots of Merc with different features to C&C and at lower prices to attract more customers. They also have their own service centres. But I still prefer to buy from C&C. 

15 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

There are a lot of people who want to own a Merc, and PIs help fulfil that dream..

We all like a bargain - but caveat emptor.. and check your T&Cs..

There are whole threads on PI vs AD ... and to each his own.

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

PI Merc sells at lower prices compared to AD, so there many who would buy from them

6 minutes ago, Lotr said:

PI Merc sells at lower prices compared to AD, so there many who would buy from them

As long as you don't mind smaller screen and no memory seats and maybe no keyless entry. Can really different of S$20k from C&C for certain models.

32 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Gotta check bro

make sure the specs are the same 👌 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Honda the only brand where PI sells more than AD. Kah got to pull up their socks but perhaps they are constrained by parent Honda Japan?

Borneo has learnt their lesson n now their car prices can compete with PI as seen in the recent Yaris Cross launch. They have close the PI gap considerably. Trouble with Kah is that their cars OMV is very high even those MIT ones like Civic 1.6l is around $20k!

really lppl about PI. like u say AD  just got to buk up and lower price in many case.

we are a open market, our policy is ajust to suit consumer best.

its similar to tyres, i believe PI michelin sell much more then michelin AD.....

21 minutes ago, therock said:

Gotta check bro

make sure the specs are the same 👌 

Thanks for the advice.  Definitely specs will be different but there will be a certain group of buyers that just look at the brand and doesn't really care much about specs  

Just a few days ago on Sgcarmart saw a 1-year resale C180 without rear aircon, I believe there are many other things missing that are not shown in the photo.

A B &B Kia Cerato EX already has a rear aircon while a Merc doesn't have it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1