Abuse of the CHAS scheme by Medical & Dental Clinics

noobcarbuyer

10 hours ago, Nolicense said:

This chas very easy to abuse. just do something simple or cheap and inflate the claim. those claim and do nothing one sure get caught.

That led me thinking.. Government should further accelerate in terms on linking information exchange from private and government sector including pricing to a centralised server. Then it is monitored by AI.

So for example, when a clinic normal pricing for a procedure cost X amount, then when there is government subsidies, suddenly the same procedure cost X + Y amount and is quite consistent throughout. AI then picked up the adnormals as in without subsidies charge X, with government subsidies cost X+Y and flagged it to government to look at. This will surely eliminate the use of mark up to inflate the price when there is government subsidies. That's where I feel that information sharing and AI is put into good use. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, Nolicense said:

This chas very easy to abuse. just do something simple or cheap and inflate the claim. those claim and do nothing one sure get caught.

Got punks is got.
But now, to pass govt's CHAS audit is talk easy, do is very hard. They can reject your claim if u don't fulfill criteria.

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Some old folks told me CHAS can only use for Chip Chip medicine. Our Elite is great biz man or con man. 

😄

no. It's a flat rate or subsidy for certain visits.

U want to charge how much u also can as long as don't contravene govt's charging policy, just that pt has to pay out of pocket lor.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Those suppose to benefit from the CHAS scheme ended paying almost the same price as unsubidize patient, while the clinic earn more.

• Haha! 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:53 PM, 13177 said:

I think this Access clinic already closed down and change to a new name. Lol.

Changing clinic name is not like PI car import shop.

If u change your name, u have to reapply the licence etc all over again. And means u can't operate until u get it's new name officially accepted. 
If u are in a HDB leased unit, the unit will be returned and need to tender for it all over again.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

no. It's a flat rate or subsidy for certain visits.

U want to charge how much u also can as long as don't contravene govt's charging policy, just that pt has to pay out of pocket lor.

Hmmm different from what they told me .. eg if you took better medicine for 三高 , certain medication not covered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1