Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

minion

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Let's look at SARS, there wasn't any vaccine. Nobody got vaccinated against SARS.

Nobody died today of SARS, and it's simply gone.

So what's changed this time ?

If vaccination rate is high, maybe we can stamp out Covid but it does not look promising.

Just look at the community cases that keeps coming back in all countries that have closed their borders since last year. This virus may be with us for a long time. I however take comfort that those who are asymptomatic (low virus load) seems to experience less serious symptoms and are not infecting their families in a massive way, unlike cases reported in Mar/ Apr last year. 

Just an observation, not sure if it is accurate. I like to be optimistic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

8 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

Sars was only around for 4 months if my memory serves me correctly 

Totally different from sars

Economies are crippled

The airline industry is heading for doom if this continues

Nobody gets to travel

But hor If governments around the world come together to say only those vaccinated can travel for leisure I very sure everyone will queue up take the vaccine LOL

By then u see ur vaccinated friends happily boarding planes n traveling the world n carryin on with their lives

While we here still taking a wait n see approach

Actually if one is not vaccinated, even if both governments allow, would you dare to travel?

It will not disappear in 3-5 years. Will you not travel in that time?

If you have your chance to vaccinate and choose to wait, then you may have to queue up much later with the mass who want to but might not need the protection as much as you (based on the earlier offer given to you).

If not offered yet, then perhaps one’s risk is assessed to be much lower. Await your turn then...

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Let's look at SARS, there wasn't any vaccine. Nobody got vaccinated against SARS.

This is a good example of no test no case.  Currently, nobody has any idea why SARS disappeared.

There is 1 case in the community today who is currently unlinked. Case 59321 is a 57 year-old female Singaporean who is a homemaker

She is asymptomatic, and was detected when she took a COVID-19 pre-departure test on 13 January in preparation for a trip to Vietnam. Her result came back positive for COVID-19 infection the next day and she was conveyed to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases in an ambulance. 

Her polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test yielded a high Ct value, which is indicative of a low viral load. Her serological test result has also come back positive, which indicates a likely past infection. 

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Wait. No one going to complain about "racism" over this thread title? 😂😂😂

Salmon? That’s specism?😂

i think of salmon when they say Norwegian 

• Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Last time is prevention.

Today is herd immunity.

:grin:

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

These guys were around then.

image.thumb.png.ba27b3f15dc1b32c6d39a3a7873a9b9a.png

image.png.064925aec45c82333531510c9b06ef81.png

image.thumb.png.64e3384c39ba0fa3a938a8a354a0f347.pngimage.png.af1ca1f8816d6f3c629306c3c8a0214e.png

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Possible the trials are for people 21 to 59 years old.

Maybe not enough trials done on those about 60 years old.

The russian sputnik covid vaccine is apparently not recommended for seniors above certain age.

That was Putin's clever answer when he was quizzed by a reporter on why he hadn't got himself vaccinated [laugh] as an example to encourage ordinary russians to get themselves protected.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This is a good example of no test no case.  Currently, nobody has any idea why SARS disappeared.

Bro I disagree no test no case I'll explain why

In fact I think many of us alr got tested 

Even when u go for a cruise, u are also tested

Im sure u have many friends who went for cruises alr? I myself got many friends and colleagues go liao

All tested n negative

Cruise ship is just one example

Frontliners not just healthcare workers are tested all the time

My cousins bf is tested every 2 wks

He work in the aircon industry 

Mass testing in certain neighbourhoods also been done

Those who travel for business or pca arrangement etc also get tested 

These are ppl living in community too

If got many tio positive case from there then hosay liao our community case confirm more than meets the eye 

So all this is a good gauge to determine prevalence of Covid-19 in the community 

If u have symptoms n you go to clinic, u are sure to get tested, pay $10 only

Then everyone around u been in contact with will also be tested

The fact that case count is still low shows that covid-19 is still low in community 

Im sure there will still be some cases popping up now n then, but for sure still low

It's a bit pointless to test everyone in the community becuz of the incubation period

Today you test negative doesnt mean u dun have the virus in u ma

Thats a waste of resources 

But we must never be complacent n always check for leaks and possible blindspots and lapses

Last year it was the dormitories 

This year its our friends in the shipping industry 

N also Singapore Airlines 

Tighten n tighten our SOP

And as we move into reopening our economy n allowing more activitiew n events to take place, more ppl will have to take the pcr or rapid tests

Thats how we move forward 👍🏻

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

The russian sputnik covid vaccine is apparently not recommended for seniors above certain age.

That was Putin's clever answer when he was quizzed by a reporter on why he hadn't got himself vaccinated [laugh] as an example to encourage ordinary russians to get themselves protected.

I like Putin he is very smart unlike that idiot Trumpet.

He was head of the KGB you know.

He has a clever answer for everything.

• Haha! 1

The reason SARS died out is because of Prevention.

Track and Trace, wearing masks, isolation

and SARS had a fatal weakness.

People with SARS had a temperature and can be detected by thermal scanners.

Covid people can be asymptomatic that's why we have scanners at every shopping centre 

and airports and how many people got stopped went to a doctor and tested positive.

We were lucky with SARS and many countries were stupid with Covid.

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

But dun forget the situation is fluid and can change anytime

I agree with this.

People take for granted, that we're in full control &  things are back to a kind of "normal" & we can just keep going like this for another 3-5 years.

Big deal - schools, shops & restaurants are open, and we're safe, right? We can feel good about ourselves, because we're better than most other countries?

Wrong. We're constantly struggling to keep our current status. Other countries thought they had everything under control, suddenly a few missteps & they've lost control.

We're certainly not immune to any missteps! (no pun intended 😀)

Also note, that our current situation is not "normal", even while everything looks somewhat normal on the surface.

We're basically under full emergency rule at the moment.

Locked inside Fortress Singapore.

And while we might feel ok about postponing a JB or Bali, BKK trip for the foreseeable future, there's obviously far more at stake for millions of people by these strict border closures.

2 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Sars was only around for 4 months if my memory serves me correctly 

That's right - people with SARS were only infectious when they were physically ill; so containment and quarantine basically eliminated the spread.

Only 8,000 worldwide cases ever ended up with SARS.

Luckily the original animal source never reinfected humans with SARS again.

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

If vaccination rate is high, maybe we can stamp out Covid but it does not look promising.

Just look at the community cases that keeps coming back in all countries that have closed their borders since last year. This virus may be with us for a long time. I however take comfort that those who are asymptomatic (low virus load) seems to experience less serious symptoms and are not infecting their families in a massive way, unlike cases reported in Mar/ Apr last year. 

I believe this is all correct.

No one can tell with any certainty, whether the vaccines will actually help extinguish the spread completely (after, say. 3-5 years) or whether CV-19 will simply keep spreading asymptomatically "forever", with vaccines protecting people from getting seriously ill or dying,

I read, that asymptomatic spread is less intense than spread from people who end up physically ill, so even if these vaccines don't stop the actual infection ("sterilizing immunity"), maybe it'll be sufficient to limit the spread & eventually it'll die out.

Spanish flu apparently never went away - our immune systems just adapted to it over time.

Also several types of common cold originate from other types of coronaviruses as well. I think the theory is, that all of these started as "COVID-19" long time ago in centuries past, and over time just became endemic, as people's immune systems learned to adapt. (probably while killing a lot of people first)

Either way, the vaccine is our ticket out of this.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, StreetFight3r said:

Bro I disagree no test no case I'll explain why

In fact I think many of us alr got tested 

Even when u go for a cruise, u are also tested

Im sure u have many friends who went for cruises alr? I myself got many friends and colleagues go liao

All tested n negative

Cruise ship is just one example

Frontliners not just healthcare workers are tested all the time

My cousins bf is tested every 2 wks

He work in the aircon industry 

Mass testing in certain neighbourhoods also been done

Those who travel for business or pca arrangement etc also get tested 

These are ppl living in community too

If got many tio positive case from there then hosay liao our community case confirm more than meets the eye 

So all this is a good gauge to determine prevalence of Covid-19 in the community 

If u have symptoms n you go to clinic, u are sure to get tested, pay $10 only

Then everyone around u been in contact with will also be tested

The fact that case count is still low shows that covid-19 is still low in community 

Im sure there will still be some cases popping up now n then, but for sure still low

It's a bit pointless to test everyone in the community becuz of the incubation period

Today you test negative doesnt mean u dun have the virus in u ma

Thats a waste of resources 

But we must never be complacent n always check for leaks and possible blindspots and lapses

Last year it was the dormitories 

This year its our friends in the shipping industry 

N also Singapore Airlines 

Tighten n tighten our SOP

And as we move into reopening our economy n allowing more activitiew n events to take place, more ppl will have to take the pcr or rapid tests

Thats how we move forward 👍🏻

My point is we need vaccine to protect against asymptomatic cases.

Do not hope for the virus to disappear 

• Praise 6

Just done with 1st jab. Queue was a bit long but quite fast and well organise. Next jab will be on the 6 feb..Hope not become a sanedriver😂20210116_173216.thumb.jpg.c9675e771bf118478eded4d1c4c13208.jpg20210116_173047.thumb.jpg.0306b9d431aac55c7832414771cefa48.jpg

Edited by Maddriver
  • Praise 14

4 hours ago, Maddriver said:

Just done with 1st jab. Queue was a bit long but quite fast and well organise. Next jab will be on the 6 feb..Hope not become a sanedriver😂20210116_173216.thumb.jpg.c9675e771bf118478eded4d1c4c13208.jpg20210116_173047.thumb.jpg.0306b9d431aac55c7832414771cefa48.jpg

Well done bro

Any side effects so far? 

5 hours ago, Maddriver said:

Just done with 1st jab. Queue was a bit long but quite fast and well organise. Next jab will be on the 6 feb..Hope not become a sanedriver😂

Hope you are feeling good. [thumbsup]

Day two post injection. Jogged twice on both weekend days. 

Yesterday a tiny ache at point of injection. Today ok le, can’t feel anything at all.

• Praise 7

7 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Well done bro

Any side effects so far? 

Thank u bro.. so far did not encounter any side effect. Tested my system today on my daily run.. heart beat looks ok for me on avg  6.15m/km.. i am 45 btw..😊

Screenshot_20210116-073217_Connect.thumb.jpg.3a9075371ed17497ca3f12d5ae8c52c2.jpg

Here is the FAQ from MOH on the side effect

IMG-20210117-WA0000.thumb.jpg.c8c54a897eac66723141b823966fc3bf.jpg

Edited by Maddriver
  • Praise 6